Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote:
I see now, after re-installing, re-downloading etc.etc.
I have got the Ultra along as part of Director Suite 2, hence the missing VE. (??)

This says DS2 has PD Ultimate 12: http://www.cyberlink.com/products/director-suite/compare_en_AU.html
Includes VE1, 2 and 3.
Might be regional as to what is included but I doubt it.
Quote:

My issues went away, but now I want to put NewBlue effects back but do not know where the installation program is.

Are you referring to the "missing" effects from PD11?

If so, the "missing" NB effects from PD11 are in the main PD11 setup. You can do as I did and install and then uninstall PD11 with a backup of that directory that is later recovered or just leave PD11 installed.

Note I didn't overwrite and files when I copied the old directory with PD11 and PD12 installed to the same directory with PD11 uninstalled.
Quote: Progress!
I reinstalled PD11 and Motion and Paint effects come up in PD12.
Now. since I really don't want PD11 installed as well (I don't need it). I'm going to:
1. copy out C:\Program Files\CyberLink\Shared files\PlugIn\NewBlue
2. Uninstall PD11
3. Copy Back missing files from old directory.

This worked!

I now have Motion, Paint and Art effects from PD11 in PD12 with PD11 uninstalled.

No clue why some go missing on an upgrade with PD11 still installed as some have experienced.

Can confirm, however, that despite NB Motion and Paint Effects and NB Art Effects being listed separately in Control Panel that uninstalling PD11 removes them from the directory. After the uninstall they still show up in Control panel but no files (except for some dll's) are there.

Might hang on to the old effects folder in a zip just in case.

I need to clarify that I have PD12 Ultimate Suite 2 and not DS2 as I mentioned in another post.
Progress!
I reinstalled PD11 and Motion and Paint effects come up in PD12.
Now. since I really don't want PD11 installed as well (I don't need it). I'm going to:
1. copy out C:\Program Files\CyberLink\Shared files\PlugIn\NewBlue
2. Uninstall PD11
3. Copy Back missing files from old directory.
I can't make it crash but the missing effects is a concern.
I've now uninstalled PD11 but didn't have the Motion Pack listed in PD11 before that even.
Since we paid for it with PD11, I think we should either have that effect package retained or updated or have comparable new effects. Zoom Blur I don't see anywhere.
Thanks Guys!
Earthquake from the Motion pack is what I used in PD11. I can see the Quake one in PD12.

VE I is just called VE in the pane now so it might be why there s a dupe for ynotfish.
Quote:

Did you update and lose effects?

Lots of new ones but can't see any that I used that aren't there. Except maybe Earthquake. I might have been using a different effect though. I'd need to open an old project to tell.

I definitely can't see any of the the NewBlue Motion effects.
The only listings I have for NewBlue are:
NewBlue Essential Effect I
NewBlue Essential Effect II
NewBlue Essential Effect III

That's with Ultimate Suite.
Quote: If NewBlue Motion is in PD12 there is an effect named Zoom Blur.

If you set the Blend parameter to 0, it eliminates the blur.

You can position it wherever you want.

Thanks.
I can't locate it.
Looking it up it only mentions PD11. Stand alone for Motion Pack is fairly pricey. http://www.cyberlink.com/products/partner-plug-ins/partner-newblue-motion_en_AU.html

I suppose this goes back to my original question about uninstalling PD11 packs - whether I should have or not. I seem to recall an earthquake effect I had in PD11 that I can't seem to locate now.
Quote: G'day wjr002 -

Do you mean the Zoom In effect in the FX room? That's been there since PD9.

True - that effect only allows you to zoom in towards the centre of the screen. It can be keyframes to control the amount & rate of zoom, but not position.

If it's video, then Power Tools > Video Crop is another option. For images - Magic Motion.

Cheers - Tony

Thanks Tony.
That's the effect I meant but I hadn't noticed in PD11. There's lots I don't notice.
I thought I had read somewhere about a new zoom in and I assumed that was it.
Shame we can't do position with that effect.
Has anyone used this yet?
I was assuming it would allow me to simply choose a section I wanted to zoom in on. Doesn't seem to from juts paying with it unless I am missing something.
Am aware we can zoom otherwise but I thought this might offer more than it seems to.
I think there is also a fairly recent update to SmartSound too. Well, recent relative to the last time I used it.
Quote: I noticed that the install only PD12, PD11 packs were not added in the respective libraries.
Then install the packages PD12 Content Pack Essentials and Content Pack Premium has almost all effects, some new.
PD11 packages can be uninstalled in the Control Panel
Personal effects in this all added

Thanks.
I uninstalled the PD11 Premium pack.
Is there a Premium pack for PD12?
I can see video essentials I, II and III as separate installs but no Premium Pack.
There's a Holiday Pack, Romance Pack and Travel Pack listed in Ultimate Suite 2 setup though. Might have to do with having Ultimate Suite instead of just Ultimate.
I upgraded from PD11 Ultimate to PD12 Ultimate Suite. It didn't uninstall PD11 or anything that came with it.
Have uninstalled PD11 but still had:
Cyberlink Powerdirector 11 Content Pack Premium
and
Cyberlink Powerdirector 11 Content Pack Essentials
installed.
Both are huge files.
I uninstalled Essentials because it seems there is a PD12 Essentials.

What about the PD11 Premium pack - should I uninstall it or is there a way to use it?
That's assuming it isn't being used now. I get lost with all the effects .<rant>wish there was a search for them</rant>

Thanks!
Quote: Hey you can't just come on here and say you "won" the cool Action cam (that I am thinking of upgrading to from my old Contour ROAM) and not provide some details...

How did ya win it?

And good to know the update fixed the issue- I just started playing around with ColorDirector so it's all newish to me.

Rob

Drift have a competition through their Facebook Page to win a Ghost each week. Might be also able to enter it via their main web site but am not sure. I entered every week for about 6 weeks routinely and finally won. Hasn't arrived yet but have already bought "accessories" since battery is different from the HD.
Quote: Good news wjr002!

Now you can get back to spicing up your 60fps Drift HD clips without reverting to previous builds.

PIX

Sure can. Actually have a Drift HD Ghost coming soon (I won it) so might need some colour matching between the HD and HD Ghost.
Fixed with version 3028. Great!
I've seen a guy who has a helmet cam and records audio separately tap is helmet so he has a reference to link the 2.
Just add to different video tracks, double-click and resize. Make sure "Maintain Aspect ratio" is not checked.
Are you using mpeg-2 or H.264 Video Encoding? H.264 will reduce the size a bit.

SmartFit for me is weird. If I try and go up to fit using SmartFit with a video that will fit otherwise it tells me 24228 of 24202 which is obviously wrong.
Just slide the volume slider up to the same level at the start and end of the track.
Easier for same volume on 1 clip to just go into Audio Mixing Room and slide it up.
Can also be done differently in WaveDirector if you want.

Normalize is in Help: "if there is more than one audio clip on the voice or music track, or on any of the audio tracks, click the Normalize* button to have CyberLink PowerDirector set the volume for all the clips to the same level."
Maybe multiple transparent png or or gif files each with a bit more of the circle would do it?
This thread shows gives how to convert an animated gif to a video and might also be useful http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/22298.page;jsessionid=11575EBEBA506CACAEC06C28810002EF
Go to: