Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Smartsound
[Post New]
Hi

Just upgraded from PD11 to PD12, and working on a project, went to add Smartsound track and its not there?

Luckily I already had a track in the sound line as I had started the project in PD11, so I copied and pasted the track.

Where has it gone, is it no longer available, or is it just me??

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi coffeepod -

A couple of things worth trying:

1. Go to C:\ProgramData\SmartSound Software Inc & look in the Libraries & Sound Files folders.
- Are your previously installed libraries & sound files present?

2. In the Magic Music module, click on SmartSound, then check what's listed under Albums
- Are your albums listed?

3. Rebuild SmartSound Database

Did any of that help?

Cheers - Tony

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 20. 2013 05:46

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Another possiblity, Did you answer Yes the the question of install SmartSound during the install phase?
If you said No, Smartsound was not installed in PD 12.

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

[Post New]
That did it thanks, went into Magic Music Smartsound, and had to do a rebuild.

Thanks again, all working
wjr002 [Avatar]
Member Location: Kingscliff, Australia Joined: Jun 29, 2011 20:22 Messages: 117 Offline
[Post New]
I think there is also a fairly recent update to SmartSound too. Well, recent relative to the last time I used it. PD12 Ultimate Suite (upgrade from PD11 Ultimate). PhotoDirector 5. PowerDVD13. YouCam 5.