Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Tricking Smart Fit
Willie1992 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 10, 2010 06:57 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I'm trying to burn a project to Blu-ray, but can't get Smart Fit to cooperate. PD11 says the project is 37039Mb in size--too big for a 25Gb blu-ray. No problem, I think, I'll just use the handy Smart Fit. The problem is that Smart Fit will only shrink it down to 24248Mb at 1920 x 1080--still too big when it says that my disc capacity is 24202Mb. I run into the same problem if I try 1440 x 1080.

I've tried to further edit the project to get it in under the space capacity, but deleting scenes doesn't seem to help. I still end up with a Smart Fit size of 24248Mb.

I know that Smart Fit is not an exact science, but how do I convince PD11 to let me burn the project to file so I can then try to burn that to disc separately? I really want to preserve the chapter structure--is there a way to "produce" a file that will preserve the projects chapter structure?

I've done some searching and it looks like in previous version to you could tell PD that you had a DL rather than SL DVD and get it to burn to file that way. But if I change the size of the Blu-ray disc from 25Gb to 50Gb, it just readjusts the output.

Any thoughts or suggestions?
wjr002 [Avatar]
Member Location: Kingscliff, Australia Joined: Jun 29, 2011 20:22 Messages: 117 Offline
[Post New]
Are you using mpeg-2 or H.264 Video Encoding? H.264 will reduce the size a bit.

SmartFit for me is weird. If I try and go up to fit using SmartFit with a video that will fit otherwise it tells me 24228 of 24202 which is obviously wrong. PD12 Ultimate Suite (upgrade from PD11 Ultimate). PhotoDirector 5. PowerDVD13. YouCam 5.
Willie1992 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I'm using mpeg-2. I'll try H.264.

Good idea. Thanks!
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
How long (time) is the project ? .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
Willie1992 [Avatar]
[Post New]
About 2:45 (2 hours, 45 minutes).

So it doesn't surprise me that there's 37Gb worth of data there. I'm just trying to get it to fit on a Blu-ray...
James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
I am going to throw in a suggestion here why not forget about smart fit and split the project into two DVD's?
split the project at a appropriate spot, save as Project one. Save the second split segment as Project 2.Now load up project one and at the end insert an image containing "insert disk Two" or something similar.I done that with a Wedding DVD, I put the main Wedding video in one project and the Wedding reception on the second disk along with slide shows of the wedding party. Every one who viewed it thought that was a great idea.
Jim
P.S. doing this way you don't have to compromise quality also. Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Visit GranPapa64's channel for your YouTube experience of the day!