Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How do I raise volume across ther whole film?
Joe123 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 15, 2013 11:38 Messages: 20 Offline
[Post New]
I have loads of sounds bites across one track. How can I raise them all? I did a search and this function must have changed with 11.

Also, what happens when I click "normalize"?

Thanks,

Joe
http://BaldPunk.com I'm using the world's most miserable OS known as WIN8.
PowerDirector 11 Ultra -- 11.0.0.3026
I'm using Quicktime files, .wav, and jpegs.
AVG Antivirus.
Photoshop CS4.
wjr002 [Avatar]
Member Location: Kingscliff, Australia Joined: Jun 29, 2011 20:22 Messages: 117 Offline
[Post New]
Just slide the volume slider up to the same level at the start and end of the track.
Easier for same volume on 1 clip to just go into Audio Mixing Room and slide it up.
Can also be done differently in WaveDirector if you want.

Normalize is in Help: "if there is more than one audio clip on the voice or music track, or on any of the audio tracks, click the Normalize* button to have CyberLink PowerDirector set the volume for all the clips to the same level."
PD12 Ultimate Suite (upgrade from PD11 Ultimate). PhotoDirector 5. PowerDVD13. YouCam 5.
Xerox [Avatar]
Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Aug 09, 2009 01:36 Messages: 446 Offline
[Post New]
It seems that PowerDirector 11 "Audio Normalize" will try to match the volume of each of the selected audio clips to the clip with the lowest volume. After that, if you need to adjust the overall volume of a track, you can do that in the Audio Mixing Room (F9).

Audio Normalize will have the effect of compressing the dynamic range, which for the most part makes it easier to listen to on TV. You won't need to adjust the volume on the remote control constantly when going back and forth between the loudest parts and the quietest parts.

CORRECTION: Before using the mixing room to adjust the volume of a track, you need to save that audio track to a file if there are more than one audio clips on the track. When moving the mixing slider, only the clip with the timeline pointer over it is affected, while the other clips on the same track are unaffected. I guess I learned something new. I thought that all the clips on the track were affected. AudioDirector is probably what you need to handle numerous clips on a track at once.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 22. 2013 01:26

Gateway DX4380, AMD A8-5500 Quad Core 3.2GHz with ATI Radeon HD 7560D; 16GB RAM; 1 TB SATA 7200 RPM; Windows 8 Pro 64-bit; PDR11, PDVD12.