Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
NewBlue Effects Mess
Bhajje
Senior Member Location: France - Orléans Joined: Feb 06, 2011 11:30 Messages: 176 Offline
[Post New]
Many thanks, Barry.

With these new versions, VE5 and 6 are now correctly installed in PD and have their own tags.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Sep 26. 2013 06:53

Jean-Paul

i7-4770K 3.50 GHz, Nvidia GTX 960 2 Go, SSD 500 Go, RAM 32 Go
Win 10 64 bits, DirectorSuite 365
SoCalDude
Member Location: Sunny Southern California Joined: Aug 12, 2013 20:48 Messages: 60 Offline
[Post New]

Are these free for users of PD12? Or is a NewBlue license required? ---
- PowerDirector 13 Ultimate
- DJI Phantom 4 Drone
- GoPro Hero 3 Black Edition (two of these)
- Kodak Zx5 HD Waterproof Pocket Video Camera
- Canon PowerShot SD1300 (HD video & stills
- Canon EOS 40D DSLR w/lots of lenses--my favorite being a EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM
SoCalDude
Member Location: Sunny Southern California Joined: Aug 12, 2013 20:48 Messages: 60 Offline
[Post New]

I just installed the first one (Video Essentials IV) and it is a 14-day trial version.

Also, I chose "Cancel" when presented with a prompt to install "eSellerate". Although it may be harmless (or maybe not), something with a name like that does not deserve to be installed on my computer. What is eSellerate?. ---
- DJI Phantom 4 Drone
- Canon EOS 40D DSLR w/lots of lenses--my favorite being a EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM
RobAC [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Mar 09, 2013 18:20 Messages: 406 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for the heads up Barry

SoCal,

As you have figured out by now those links for Essentials 4,5,6 are for registered licensed (paid) users.
See this link for previous issues regarding weird names and stuff for these VE packs: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/29410.page

Regarding eSellerate .dll. Here is a blurb from their website:

"Make money selling a wide range of products as an eSellerate Affiliate.
You earn a percentage of every sale that you initiate through your web site or other distribution options. Our class-leading eSellerate SalesTrac Technology guarantees you get credit for your work, whether it's a direct sale from the publisher's web store or a post-download "try and buy" purchase"

(And yeah I agree, I hate having this sort of thing on my computer. So I find and nuke them. But first test to make sure it does not break your prgm.)

Rob
PD 14 Ultimate Suite / Win10 Pro x64
1. Gigabyte Brix PRO / i7-4770R Intel Iris Pro 5200 / 16 GB / 1 TB SSD
2. Lenovo X230T / 8GB / Intel HD4000 + ViDock 4 Plus & ASUS Nvidia 660 Ti / Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIZw3GPwKMo&feature=youtu.be
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
If anyone is interested, New Blue Have a current promotion of all 6 Essentials packs for US$98.99 for the lot.
I doubt if this promotion will last long.

Robert

Forgot to mention, use Coupon Code EFX03

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 27. 2013 05:04

Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots
RobAC [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: If anyone is interested, New Blue Have a current promotion of all 6 Essentials packs for US$98.99 for the lot.
I doubt if this promotion will last long.

Robert

Forgot to mention, use Coupon Code EFX03

Nice.

Just that people should be aware PD 12 Ultimate and up already comes with Essentials 1,2,3
(Deluxe & Ultra only comes with Essentials 1)

http://www.cyberlink.com/products/director-suite/compare_en_US.html

Rob
2. Lenovo X230T / 8GB / Intel HD4000 + ViDock 4 Plus & ASUS Nvidia 660 Ti / Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIZw3GPwKMo&feature=youtu.be
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Interesting twist -

The situation I described previously still exists, but I haven't done the uninstall/re-install yet. That's on PC #2.

On PC #1, which previously had Director Suite 1 and PowerDirector 12 installed, I completely uninstalled everything using Revo Uninstaller.

After installing Director Suite 2, the NBFX modules were as expected. VE I, II & III are all installed and displaying correctly... almost as Jeff posted here http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/30019.page#164462
- the difference is that I haven't re-installed PD11 Ultimate yet, so I'm yet to retrieve the Art, Paint & Motion effects.

So - the "mess" is only created in certain circumstances. e.g. installing PD12 over previous versions.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
1Nina
Senior Contributor Location: Norway, 50km southwest of Oslo Joined: Oct 08, 2008 04:12 Messages: 1070 Offline
[Post New]

I see now, after re-installing, re-downloading etc.etc.
I have got the Ultra along as part of Director Suite 2, hence the missing VE. (??)

(By the way; is anyone else missing mail-notices from the forum...or is it just me ?)

Just something.
https://www.petitpoisvideo.com
SoCalDude
[Post New]
Quote: By the way; is anyone else missing mail-notices from the forum...or is it just me ?

I'm getting them. I compared the timestamp on your message here with the timestamp on the email notice I received and it was exactly the same. ---
- DJI Phantom 4 Drone
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Nina -

My email notifications have been a bit random lately... for quite a few of the forums.

On the bright side, I (randomly) get notifications of new posts on the DZ forum. Remember the DZ forum before it became a wasteland for spammers and traffickers?

Cheers - Tony
wjr002 [Avatar]
Member Location: Kingscliff, Australia Joined: Jun 29, 2011 20:22 Messages: 117 Offline
[Post New]
Quote:
I see now, after re-installing, re-downloading etc.etc.
I have got the Ultra along as part of Director Suite 2, hence the missing VE. (??)

This says DS2 has PD Ultimate 12: http://www.cyberlink.com/products/director-suite/compare_en_AU.html
Includes VE1, 2 and 3.
Might be regional as to what is included but I doubt it.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 28. 2013 05:25

PD12 Ultimate Suite (upgrade from PD11 Ultimate). PhotoDirector 5. PowerDVD13. YouCam 5.
CyberDragon [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 20, 2010 05:37 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Hello!

My Problem is the other way round! As I had already purchased essentials I,II and III with PD 11, I now
have them duplicated with PD 12 and don't know how to get rid of the duplicates.

geoffrey

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 30. 2013 05:29

ynotfish
[Post New]
Hi Dragonfly -

That's just further proof of the mess.

I also had VE I, II & III installed... but only VE II was duplicated.

I honestly don't know what will happen if you uninstall your original NBFX. From memory I think the uninstallers are in C:\Program Files (x86)\NewBlue (in sub-folders). Sorry I can't confirm that now because I'm in the middle of a purge folowed by trying to replicate Nina's "shared files" trick.

Don't take my word for it, unless you're prepared for the possibility of having to re-install PDR12.

Cheers - Tony

ynotfish
[Post New]
Nina - your shared files workaround turned out to be unnecessary, in this case.

Steps:
1. Uninstalled every version of PD - 9, 10, 11 & 12
2. Uninstalled all Contents Packs & added extras
3. Uninstalled Director Suite 1 - PD11, CD, AD & PhD4
4. Uninstalled NBFX VE I, II & III
5. Cold boot
6. Re-installed Director Suite 1 & applied all updates
- all NBFX installed & displayed as expected - Paint, Art, Motion, VE
7. Copied/pasted "Shared Files" ready for swap
8. Installed Director Suite 2 & ran updates
- all NBFX installed & displayed as expected - Paint, Art, Motion, VE I, II & III
- no duplicates & no missing NBFX

9. Deleted folder created at 7.

So - my issue came down to the earlier installation of NBFX VE I, II, & III (from NewBlue). Without them, the installation of PD12 beside PD11 caused none of the previous issues.

Cheers - Tony
CyberDragon [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 20, 2010 05:37 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Hello Tony!

I uninstalled the NewBlueFX under Windows and now have all "FX"effects
as they should be: singular! The "FX"I,II and III effects under PDR 12 are also contained
in PDR 11.

Regards

Geoffrey
wjr002 [Avatar]
Member Location: Kingscliff, Australia Joined: Jun 29, 2011 20:22 Messages: 117 Offline
[Post New]
Feedback about this:
"Regarding to your concern, I have escalated to our R&D team for further review, and they have informed you that NewBlue Art, Motion & Paint effect are bundled specially for PowerDirector 11. PowerDirector 12 now bundled with new NewBlueFX Video Essential I, II and III with more effects available.

You may still use NewBlue Art, Motion & Paint effect with PowerDirector 11 if v11 installed. Meanwhile, we'll also feedback your concern to product team."

Plus you can use Art, Motion and Paint without v11 installed if you back up before uninstalling v11 and copy them over after.
Seems the newer Video Essentials has a lot more available that is intended to replace Motion, Art and Paint.
So, a caution would be thinking the Essentials packs are the same between versions.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Oct 08. 2013 22:25

PD12 Ultimate Suite (upgrade from PD11 Ultimate). PhotoDirector 5. PowerDVD13. YouCam 5.
RobAC [Avatar]
[Post New]
New updates from NewBlue are now available (again this is only relevant for paid/licensed users of these of 4,5,6.)

Video Essentials 4 update v130913
Video Essentials 5 update v130913
Video Essentials 6 update v130927 (not sure why they numbered this one so high.)

(To manually update- drag any one of the NewBlueFx plugins onto the timeline then
Double click on it & select the "Information" tab
Click OK and then
Click "Check for Update" to download the updates
Double click each file to Install

You only need to do one random effect in each folder- Essentials 4, Essentials 5, Essentials 6.
(not every single one !)

Rob

RobAC [Avatar]
[Post New]
Ok I left PD 11 Ultimate Suite Installed and after a really long pain in the butt d/l of the PD12 Ultimate Suite files I updated.

All my effects, Art, Motion, Paint, Essentials 1,2,3 were installed.
Along with Essentials 4,5,6 I had purchased previously.

The only hiccup was Essentials 6 which was not showing up (the effects were still in the Visual directory,) so I d/l the latest updates mentioned above, installed those and now everything is groovy.

Lesson learned as Tony above has confirmed:
Copy the following two Directories for safe keeping:
C:\Program Files\Cyberlink\Shared files\Plugin
C:\Program Files (x86)\Cyberlink\Shared files\Plugin

Then you can uninstall your previous Power Director version(s) if you want. Now copy the Shared Plugin folders back into the above locations. All your previous NewBlue FX and Essentials should now be exactly where they should be. Don't forget to update to the latest updates via NewBlue as explained.

Rob
wjr002 [Avatar]
[Post New]
^^^
I did the same after upgrading to Windows 8 RTM.
Previously had the Preview installed so I lost all my apps going to RTM.
I had only PD 12Ultimate Suite installed having uninstalled PD 11 and backed-up and copied the Effects folder.
That gave me the Motion etc effects without PD 11 installed.

After the windows 8 RTM was installed I only installed PD12 then copied the same backed-up folder over without overwriting anything.

So, without ever having PD 11 installed on the "new" OS, I now have the "missing" effects in PD12. Easy as!

Back up that folder and you will always be good. PD12 Ultimate Suite (upgrade from PD11 Ultimate). PhotoDirector 5. PowerDVD13. YouCam 5.