Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
unfortunatly, searching for "Cyberlink" returns countless ammounts of files. I can't seem to find anything that resembles what the installation file might be. Perhaps if someone knows the actual name of this file, the file type, or something a little more specific.

Please forgive me, messing with files like this is a bit over my head evidently. Is this my only option? Could I download the trial version off the internet and then plug in my key code to "unlock" it?

Am just a bit frusterated here, please have patience with me on helping me try to figure this out.
Just so I'm clear, because I believe I have them, but where do I locate the original files that I downloaded? Yes, I got the downloaded version. I downloaded everything to the default location.
How do I find the installation files? I've copied the cyberlink folder and I now have it on my new PC, however, I can't find the installation file at all. Can someone help me out please?
I will give this a try. Thank you very much for your help. If I can't make this work, I'll have to ask cyberlink if they will give me a new link that I can download from.
Thanks for your response Cubby!

Yes, I've been using PD9 since last year now.

So what folder do I need to burn to a CD to transfer the file? Do I only need to copy the .exe file? I'll give that a shot first unless someone knows what I should copy. Thanks!
Got the new PC today. Got Quicktime installed, all the windows updates done, now I need to download PD9 onto this PC. How do I go about doing that?

Thanks for anyones help in advance.
Thank you for your response Dafydd. I am trying to figure out how to reinstall PD9 now. I am unable to find a link to download it other than the purchase link. I know the answer is very simple, but for some reason, I'm not finding it. Could you or someone point me in the right direction so I can re-download PD9 without having to purchase it again?

Thank you!
Seeing someone else has the same problem as I have, I have new hope that a resolution may be found. I just clicked on the sticky at the start of the PD9 forums about which codec to install.

Having had some issues with Quicktime installing and running properly, I am now suspicious that if Quicktime isn't installed properly, for whatever reason, this could be causing my problem.

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/16530.page

Thinking back to my initial install, PD9 made me install Quicktime, if I remember correctly, when I was doing the installation. If Quicktime needs to be installed and working properly BEFORE PD9 gets installed, this could be my root problem, since I am unable to use Quicktime without it crashing either. If PD9 is using Quicktime to play my .3gp files, then that could be the answer.

Now, if I uninstall PD9, will I lose any working projects I have? And, how do I reinstall it since it was a download from an email I got from Cyberlink...
thanks for your reply. your response is actually encouraging. this tells me that it probably isn't PD9 that has the issue and it has something to do with my machine or programs. I'm stumped as to what it could be though. I am currently unable to post my diag file (at work now) but I'll do that tonight.

I would much appreciate some more people willing to give this file a shot and let me know if you have any issues at all.

Thanks again!

-Max
about 3 months ago I had this question posted and I never got around to uploading the file, so here it is.

But let me describe the problem again...

This is a .3gp video file that my smart phone (Motorola Droid X) takes. It is taken in 720p. I can watch the clips with no problems in Quicktime. I can load them into PD9 w/o issues, but when I try to do anything, and I do mean anything, other than drop into the timeline and produce a MPEG2 video file, or any other video file PD9 is capable of, PD9 will freeze then crash.

My solution to this problem has been to drop all my .3gp files of a particular event into PD9, then go directly to produce and made a MPEG2 video file and go from there. Basically, I'm using PD9 as a file converter. I've tried other converters, but the AV always gets messed up. So to this end, I've been content, somewhat. Also, after I've done my "conversions," I have to restart my PC because by simply loading the .3gp file into PD9, PD9 will crash at some point. It's as though its not able to "let go" of the .3pg file...

Anyways, here is a 5 second clip, which I'm fairly certain will be long enough to cause the problem. It would be wonderfull if someone would download the file and try to mess around with it in PD9 to see if you have similar issues to what I have.

Thanks!

-Max
I was doing some research on various Label Making program and it seemed a lot of people, regardless of whatever brand they were talking about, cautioned about the labels warping the disk over time.

Has anyone here had extensive experience with Cyberlink's LabelPrint over a period of time? Does it create this warping issue with the disks they are put on?

Just need some imput from this community before I made the purchase. Thanks!

-Max
I'm only responding since no others have yet. I say that because I am a newbie myself and have no real solutions yet, just ideas to try.

I had a similar problem at one point in a video I was making. It was at the very end where I had the credits start rolling. There was a whole mess of things going on at that very second when it switched to the credits and my preview of the video would hang up. I would have to manually advance the preview about a second to get past that part and it would continue.

I was worried it would translate to the produced video, but once I produced it, there was no glitch or jump to be found. I'm guessing it was because of the power or lack thereof of my computer.

Have you tried to produce the video and see if the finished product has these same glitches in them.

Also, I am recommending with and issue like this, to post your DxDiag along with your question. You will find you will get a lot more helpful responses when people have all the information they need to give you a quality response. The problem could be caused by lots of things and the pro's that frequent the forums are of great help when they have all the info.

Good luck! Let us know if the finished project has these issues!

-Max
I experience the same thing when I downloaded PD9 at first. After lots of trial and error, I realized it was the file type that I was using that would make it freeze and crash. Was using .3pg video which is what my Motorola Droid X records at. Here is a link to that thread. I finally found the solution as stated within the thread.

Just an idea for you to look in to.

-Max

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/15074.page
I see your making a WOW movie.... Ah yes, WOW, those were the days....
I've had succes downloading lots of things. I use Microsoft's Internet Explorer though. Once I click the download button, I will click save to the default folder that comes up. Once it is downloaded, your supposed to click 'open' when that option pops up. Click 'open' is what puts it directly into PD9 from what I can tell.

I read the directions to download things the first time and i'm fairly sure this was what it said to do. It could be an issue with the browser your using. May want to change to Microsoft's Internet Explorer and give it a try to see if it works that way.

Just a thought.

-Max

Edit: I believe I was able to do the same thing when I was using the trial version, so I'm guessing that isn't the issue. Are you downloading it and saving it in the default directory the PD9 wants to install in or are you doing a custom download? I still would consider trying the entire process in Internet Explorer a few times to see what happens.
was looking at in with the cyberlink website and it looks to be quite a few cool things like that. i haven't run across any of the templates, menus or any of the other stuff the Holiday Pack is supposed to come with.

I'm just not sure how to go about accessing what I downloaded. It didn't seem to automatically install in PD9 like you would expect.

-max
So I bought PD9 last week and got free with it the Holiday Bonus Pack, which I think they said was a 30 dollar value. I've downloaded it and it installed. But where is it at?

I can't seem to find it from within PD9. I go to the folder it got saved in and nothing shows up. I'm sure this is a simple solution, but I need a little direction on how to access what ever it is that the Bonus Pack gives you.

Thanks for your help in advance.

-Max
I basically do the same thing as Robert2 S does with the split function then delete the section I don't want. I'm basically editing home movies taken at various social events and such so precision isn't an absolute necessary at this point.

Starting out, I would follow Robert2 S recommendation on using the split function. It won't put your clips up top in the media area, but they will be independently movable down on the time line once you get a clip that you like.

I have found the forums to be very helpful. I would encourage you to frequently read posts and post your questions as often as you like. It could be the best "training" available.

-Max
Here is a link to the top article on this forum. It shows you how to access video tutorials from within PD9.

Good luck!!

-Max

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/15082.page
Will try to upload a clip tonight that is around 10 - 15 seconds.
GOOD NEWS!!!!!!

I have found the problem! For some reason, the .3gp files that my smartphone records 720p video in isn't liked very much by PD9. As stated above, it would cause it to freeze and crash.

So I got this idea monday night to convert them all to mpeg2 files and try that. After trying this conversion with various video converters with no luck (the sound would never match the video) I got the bright idea of importing them into PD9 and clicking Produce and saving them as a mpeg2 movie.

Since PD9 would only crash if I tried to move the .3pg files around to much or edit them at all, I decided to only drag them to the timeline only and click Produce. This worked wonderfully, but was going to take forever to convert each file. So after some more thought, I decided to import 20 .3gp videos at a time, drag them all to the timeline and render one large video in mpeg2 format. PD9 did this without freezing up since I wasn't moving them around or editing them.

Once the big mpeg2 file was created, I imported the file in my Project and used the Multi Trim function and split function to create my video segments.

I am sooooo happy this has worked!! I have Tuesday's off from work and spent the majority of the day on PD9 creating my 30 minute movie from the Christmas Celebration we had at my parents this year.

I hope others who are having problems with PD9 read this post and check the file types they are using. PD9 is very stable in my opinion, you just have to figure out which file types it dosn't like.

If you still want me to upload a .3gp file for you to mess with, let me know and I'll try to get it on here in the next couple of days to see if you have similar problems to what I expericened with the file type.

Thanks for all the help and feedback to this post/problem I had!!

-Max
Go to: