Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Thank you for posting this response. I never even thought of looking there.

-Max
I am trying to figure out how to make the track selected to play for the DVD menu screen to play for longer than 7 seconds(ish). I've tried a bunch of different files and types to see if that had something to do with it, but still, it only plays just a few seconds.

I can't find anywhere to tell PD9 to let the entire song play while the DVD menu is up. Can someone point me in the right direction? BTW, this is when I'm previewing the DVD in PD9, for all I know, once the DVD is burned it plays the whole song. Could this be the case?

Thanks!

-Max
UPDATE (again)

Just before I was going to finish for the night I decided to reinstall the newest update. Was figuring that maybe something didn't install right.

IT WORKED!!!

After I reinstalled it, I opened PD9 and clicked the user preference button again and it opened!! I'm very happy it worked!

So I've done a few of the suggestions and will give it the ol' college try again. I'll let you know if I'm still having any issues. Thanks to everyone for the great help! Now wish me luck!

-Max
I think I have Fred, but I'll double check.

Also, I just spend an hour and 1/2 finishing up a 51 minute video. PD9 only crashed on me once during that time which was nice, although there really wasn't much editing going on except for some "credits" I was adding on the end. Never touched any actual video.

So after this hour and 1/2 I was hoping that maybe the user preference issue has somehow worked itself out. Nope. I clicked and wham! Crash... I'll continue to look into it.

Update... Just checked my downloaded files and I did, in fact, download and install the most recent PD9 update.

This user preference crash has got me quite perplexed...
So I have updated my video driver and unplugged my external hard drive. I opened PD9 and went to click on user preferences to make sure I had shadow files turned off and PD9 immediately crashes. I tried this several times and each time, the moment I clicked on user preferences it crashes. So I tried to load a project to see if that would work and the project loaded fine. I didn't try to edit anything yet though.

I am attaching my new dxdiag file. Please let me know if you have any ideas as to why it won't let me click on user preferences. Thanks!

-Max
Thank you for the links Dafydd. I've read through the first 4 and will try a few things that they suggest. Also, I'll update my ATI driver again. I do have an external hard drive hooked up, but this issue has occured well before I got it, however, I'll unplug that as well. I am determined to get this figured out. I'll report any improvements here if (and when) a solution is found.

-Max
Fred,

Thank you for that comment. This could be possibly why I had so many issues on my other computer (that I replaced due to this issue) which was an XPS... as well. It's very frustrating. I absolutly love PD9 but there are times when I simply won't stay running, constantly freezing up.

It seems as though the program is hanging up all the time. Like the computer can't keep up. This computer (and the last) have no lack of power to run the program, so maybe you are on to something here.

Out of frustration, I previously had moved my PD9 over to my wife's laptop, which is a toshiba, and surprisingly, her laptop has zero issues running PD9 other than the fact that her laptop is very underpowered, i.e. it takes 45 minutes to render a 4 minute clip. It edits fine (a bit slow though) and never freezes, but simply unusable due to the lenght it takes to render videos.

I do hope someone from Cyberlink can check into this. I'm sure it could be a simple fix via a patch or something specifically to whatever is causing the XPS models to have issues.

For experimentation, I downloaded the free trial of Vegas Studio and it ran flawlessly on my XPS. I don't want to use Vegas as I love PD9 and how easy it is to use so I will only consider that as a very last resort.

By your estimation of my DxDiag file, does everything look up to date to you?

Anyone else out there using a Dell XPS system that is having issues or that is working perfect?

I would love to get the attention of Cyberlink on this possible computer model problem (if in fact it is one) and see if there is some resolution to it.

Thanks for your input thus far!

-Max
I think this may be the 32 bit. I didn't click the "run 64 bit dxdiag" button this time. I will check Quicktime in the mean time.
I've gone as far as purchasing a new computer. Still, PD9 constantly freezes up on me with even the slightest use. Within minutes of starting a project or 5 to 10 mins into it, it freezes and crashes constantly. I've downloaded the fddshow codex pack, updated drivers, done everything I know how. I need some help.

Attached is my dxdiag file. Let me know what you think. Thanks!

-Max
Am working on a project that I am putting borders around various pictures. The border option is defaulted to black and size 3. Is there anyway to set it to a different default color so I don't have to manually go into each and change it to the color and size I want. I'd like to be able to simply click to add a border and the one I want is automatically applied.

Thanks!

-Max
Thanks to both of you for your input and help. I think the stand alone is the way to go. I'll check out the Sylvania DVR90VE that you use KenJ. Have a great one!
Thanks for the response Carl. After some more indepth consideration as to the volume of VHS tapes that I want to convert, I have decided that the best way to go very well may be the stand-alone device or the PCI card. Initally, I'm leaning toward the stand alone device so I won't have to worry about fitting the PCI card into future computers. On the stand alone devices, after you record to a DVD, is it easy to transfer to the computer? Does it simply create a file that you can drag and drop or will there be additional steps that will need to take place in order to edit in PD9?

Is there any recommendations for a stand alone device that will accomplish what I want done that I won't have to worry about audio/video sync?

Thanks for your help!
I am looking for a device that can plug into the pc & vcr to capture old home videos. I'd rather not spend the money on a big system and have been looking at the USB connected ones that are typically under 50 bucks. Of the ones I've seen, there are many people that say the audio/video gets out of sync. Being that Cyberlink sells no such device, I was hoping someone here has one that has worked well without the audio/video sync problem.

Are there any recommendations here?
Thanks for the reply Dafydd. I just wasn't sure how Cyberlink felt about that which is why I thought I'd better find out.

-Max
I wasn't sure where to post this question, so I decided I'd post it here since everyone is always so helpful.

I use PD9 on my home computer now, but I would also like to work on various projects "on the go." I decided to install it on my laptop so I could work on projects while sitting outside or wherever I happen to be when I want to work on a particular project.

Is this ok? I know this is probably silly, but I guess I wanted to make sure it wouldn't mess something up on my desktop. Anyways, I just wanted someone elses opinion on if there may or may not be issues doing this.

Thanks for any responses and help you give!

-Max
Well, all I can say is WOW.

Last night, about 11:30pm, I sent Cyberlink a message telling them my problem about being unable to find the correct files so I could put PD9 on my new PC. Less than a day later they supply me with a link to re-download the program.

They didn't even have me go and try a bunch of different things that I've already tried. They were simply kind enough to help me with my issue right away. I am very impressed with this level of service that Cyberlink has given me in this situation.

Rest assured, I fully intend on saving these files now and burning them to a disk so this problem won't happen again. Thanks to everyone who was so kind as to attempt to assist me with my problem.

As was stated earlier by another forum member, I would recommend to anyone reading this that they find those files and burn them to a disk for safe keeping.

Thank you Cyberlink.
Old PC, where I'm currently looking for the file is Windows Vista 64. My cache and temp files get cleared almost daily, so if this is where it was saved, its gone. Thanks for the suggestion, I will at least give it a shot. There are only 3 items in my "download" folder, none of which are PD9. Like I said earlier, I usually "open" a file instead of "save" a file when downloading a program. This will not be the case moving forward though.

Thank you for your suggestion Dave!
ralphps2000,

I've moved files PD9 was using before. It tells you when you open the project that it can't find them, however, it gives you a chance to browse for the file. Simply click browse, locate the file(s) in question (you will have to do this with each file you have moved) and click on them. PD9 will now look there each time it loads your project.

It IS best though to not move your files once you've started a project. One suggestion though. If your creating a project that you know may take a long time to complete, you can simply "copy" all the files you want to use and put them in a folder dedicated to that project. Once your project is complete, since these files are simply copies, you can simply delete the folder and all of its contents. I've found this method to be quite usefull especially since I'm scanning and sorting old photos quite often. Just a suggestion.

-Max
Dave, I'm not too far from 40 myself and remember working with DOS. File management skills for me are fine. I've been working with computers for over 25 years. Having said that, I blame my issue on pure laziness when I first downloaded PD9. I had the link to download from when I first bought PD9 saved, mistakenly thinking that I could just click the link again when I got a new computer, download the file, install, then plug the key code in to activate it, which is why I didn't bother to pay more attention to the download and installation process thus putting me in this position.

Yes, I've gotten lazy by letting Windows do all the "thinking" for me when installing a program, but I guess that is the price I will pay for relying on technology so much. I have no desire to go back to a DOS based OS where you actually had to know a little something about how a computer works to run one.

Pax, thank you for your reply. Your post is not late at all. I tried searching the file names that where previously suggested to no avail. I will try your suggestions when I get home tonight. I'm fairly sure I've searched just about every combination of your suggestions that are possible, but I will continue to try. If they are on there, I will find them eventually.

I do have a question about that though. If, for whatever reason (refer to my comment to Dave in this post), I clicked "OPEN" rather than "SAVE" when given the option upon downloading PD9 the first time, is it possible that the .exe files I need were simply saved to a Temp Folder and then deleted once that folder was emptied?

I've been able to find and open the wave editor and the picture editor that comes with it (forgot their names and not at home to be able to look) but still no installation files for PD9. I did open a ticket with Cyberlink requesting their assistance in this matter. I'll give your suggestions a try tonight Pax and let you know via this thread if I was successful or not.

Thanks to everyone who has taken the time to try to help me out. I've been involved in many forums over the years and this is easily the most helpful and respectful forum yet. Thank you all!
unfortunatly, searching for "Cyberlink" returns countless ammounts of files. I can't seem to find anything that resembles what the installation file might be. Perhaps if someone knows the actual name of this file, the file type, or something a little more specific.

Please forgive me, messing with files like this is a bit over my head evidently. Is this my only option? Could I download the trial version off the internet and then plug in my key code to "unlock" it?

Am just a bit frusterated here, please have patience with me on helping me try to figure this out.
Go to: