Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Dafydd,

Ok, i'll try putting all fading titles in a single title clip.

What about bitmaps? I mean, in titles you can add text elements and picture elements. But picture elements don't look like to be fadeable as text is.

Take, for example, one of the "sports" titles, with text over a keyed bitmap. I cannot fade the bitmap element, or, better, i didn't yet find a trick

Greetings! Umberto
Hi all!

I'd like to fade title clips with a little time overlap between each other (you see next title entering while the previous is exiting)

Is there a way to fade 2 different title clips between each other? Looks like transitions are applicable only to main video track.

I tried to fade out each title object but, if the font/effect causes a little characters overlapping, the fade out effect is not nice (you see different opacities due to overlapping). Moreover, graphical elements such as bitmaps are not "fadeable", and last but not least, i cannot get the time overlap i'm looking for.

How can i workaround?

Thanks! Umberto
Hi all!

I'm trying to manually insert subtitles on an AVCHD video.

Well, I feel a little disoriented... I click on "+" button to add a subtitle, it's added at time cursor position with a fixed length. Then i double click on the text box to edit the subtitle text. Well, now i need to arrange the start time/duration of the subtitle but, if i move it/change duration, then the text resets to the original ("double click here to edit").

I know that i can first place correctly the subtitle, then edit the text but looks odd to me... where am i wrong?

Thanks! Umberto
Dafydd, full HD is not necessary to me at the moment.

Then i'll disable shadow file generation and will work with original clips until i stay in the 720p boat.

Thank you! Umberto

P.S. Not to be polemic, but i still consider this as a bug. I suppose that when an application doesn't behave as expected, this may be considered a bug. And losing clips in the time line really looks an unexpected behavior
Yes, i used shadow files for editing.

I have a dual core at 2.66 ghz with an ATI 4570 512Mb ram + 4 gm ram + win7 32bit.

Maybe for next project i'll try to disable shadows.

Thank you. Umberto
This is a really good trick. Thank you!

Anyway my question was about making the previous clip longer and the second shorter by acting only on the trim points (supposing that both clips have been trimmed) and not on video speed.

I explain with a schema:

before:

after:

I simply wondered if it's possible to drag the (^) and get the result in one move. I know it's a really specific request... but just wondered if it was possible. Looks like it's not possible so, to exactly get the same result, i need to track down (A) length, adjust it, compute the difference by checking the new (A) length and apply this difference (by numerically editing the clip duration) to (B).

Only a little bit longer.

Regards. Umberto

Yes i used it in a couple places to get black background for titles and fade into black for certain clips.

After saving the project for the N-th time and reopening it, that black color board replaced a clip in the timeline. No way to replace the original clip at its place. The only way to fix that without messing all timings of surrounding clips (by adding again the clip then deleting the bad one then readjusting everything etc) was to edit the project file.

I'm not sure but this issue may be due to subsequent save operations (maybe by clicking too much times on the save button?)

Regards, Umberto
Dafydd,

Please add some pip tracks on a project, then scroll vertically the timeline view so that the effects track goes partially (or totally) hidden under the master video track. Then try to drag and drop a transition between two clips on the master video track. You may notice that when the mouse goes over the (hidden) effects track, a forbidden mouse icon will appear and you are not able to drop the transition where you want (even if the mouse is over the master video track).

Looks like the drop operations badly thinks that i want to drop over the effects track... even if it's out of scope.

If this is not a bug, sure it's misleading... it took me 15 mins to understand that the reason of the denial was the vertical scrolled view.

Umberto
Thanks Hal.

Managed do workaround that interface glitch.

Hope CyberLink will fix this little bug soon!

Umberto
Found it!

My ATI Radeon 4570 video driver had the "Avivo" video "enhancing" feature turned on.

It looks like this function is used both by MediaPlayer for playing and PD for encoding (but not for preview). VLC seems to be "immune" to this feature.

Turning it to "Application settings" now finally have my beloved low contrast video!

Thanks all! Umberto
Thank you for answering Robert,

I accept the fact that you like more the final result, but i wonder why VLC shows me the original clip as PowerDirector does, and after the encoding process it shows that difference. I don't think that an encoder will alter the contrast this way, no matter the quality settings...

Umberto
Hi all...

I have a project that uses several clips in AVCDH lite format.
Well, watching at these clips with Microsoft MediaPlayer, i see them with exxagerated contrast. Watching them with VLC i see them perfectly.

PowerDirector, in the preview window shows me all clips with perfect contrast but, after encoding the final result in MPEG2 1280x720 i see them like MediaPlayer does (both using MediaPlayer and VLC). I tried also encoding AVCHD 1280x720, both NTSC and PAL but nothing changes...

I wonder what's changing my clips contrast during enconding phase, and if there is something I can do to avoid this issue...

P.S. I attach a screenshot to show the difference between preview (correct) and final video (incorrect).
I'm a newbie too... I had a few out of sync audio (corrected by delete clips + undo) and a project file corruption issue (corrected by editing the file with a text editor).

Annoying, yes (maybe they should be fixed) but never a crash.

Never. I tried Magix (love it but has some issues with my clips format), Corel, Adobe, Sony... found them more and more unstable then Cyberlink.
Hi all, just encountered a strange project file corruption issue.

This issue has been encountered also in thread:

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/15/9333.page#41208

Apparently, after saving i lost a couple video clips references, that have been replaced by a black clip named "0,0,0".

By examining the project file (kudos to CyberLink for using XML and not binary!) i found that the missing files are defined somewhere and given an ID (say 53) but where referred by the timeline, the referring tag contains the clip name but IDREF="-1". By replacing -1 with 53 and saving, the project were correctly restored.

Hope this may be useful for fixing this bug... looks like some kind of "out of bounds" error.

Umberto
Hi all!

After adding several Pip tracks i continued editing the main video track by adding transitions between clips... Then suddenly the drag/drop of transitions stopped working (a forbidden signal appears).

I discovered that this issue appears because the time track view was too height then i scrolled it down to keep music tracks visible. When you drop the transition to the main video track (still visible) PD badly check the drop target on the Pip track that is scrolled "under" the main video track.

I suppose this is a bug?

Umberto
Hal,

Too bad the way you suggested doesn't fit my needs. I wish to adapt transitions and clips lengths to the music so i need to keep all of them "live". Moreover, i created the "draft" without transitions to define timings without being annoyed by them but now i see that it's not the right approach.

In my mind, i tought that first came clips timings, then came details (transitions)... must change my mind now

Umberto
Hi all!

I'm looking for a way to fine tune the length of a video clip without shifting subsequent clips... something that will affect the length of both the current and next clip (ex: if i make a clip longer, the next will become shorter by the same time amount...)

This will let me fine tuning all transitions without worrying about messing all the remaining video / music synchronization...

Is it possible?

Thank you! Umberto
Hi all!

I'm new to the forum!

I have a very basic question...
I timed a movie on the soundtrack, but without transitions...

Now i wish to add some transition but i noticed that when i do it, the transition changes the clip timing by "eating" a bit, because of the cross fade overlaying. Is there a way to avoid this?

For example... if i trimmed a video, i'd expect that the cross fade will use part of trimmed video for the overlay...
moreover, if i work with pictures, i don't see the point in changing timings because the picture is still...

Any hint please? Thank you! Umberto
Go to: