Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Bug? Transition drop forbidden if time view vertically scrolled
[Post New]
Hi all!

After adding several Pip tracks i continued editing the main video track by adding transitions between clips... Then suddenly the drag/drop of transitions stopped working (a forbidden signal appears).

I discovered that this issue appears because the time track view was too height then i scrolled it down to keep music tracks visible. When you drop the transition to the main video track (still visible) PD badly check the drop target on the Pip track that is scrolled "under" the main video track.

I suppose this is a bug?

Umberto
HalCon
Senior Contributor Location: Charlottetown, PEI Joined: Mar 01, 2008 10:36 Messages: 719 Offline
[Post New]
Umberto,

To eliminate this problem you should click on the 'Fit time line' button as shown in the attached file.

After clicking you will be able to see all tracks without scrolling,

Hal

[Thumb - fittime.png]
 Filename
fittime.png
[Disk]
 Description
Fit time Line
 Filesize
79 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
147 time(s)
OS - Win11 Pro, Alienware R13, CPU - Intel Core I7-12700KF 12 CPUs), 16g DDR5 4400 RAM, Video - Geeforce RTX 3080ti 12g, PD11 & PD365
My YouTube
[Post New]
Thanks Hal.

Managed do workaround that interface glitch.

Hope CyberLink will fix this little bug soon!

Umberto
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
It is not a bug.

Dafydd
[Post New]
Dafydd,

Please add some pip tracks on a project, then scroll vertically the timeline view so that the effects track goes partially (or totally) hidden under the master video track. Then try to drag and drop a transition between two clips on the master video track. You may notice that when the mouse goes over the (hidden) effects track, a forbidden mouse icon will appear and you are not able to drop the transition where you want (even if the mouse is over the master video track).

Looks like the drop operations badly thinks that i want to drop over the effects track... even if it's out of scope.

If this is not a bug, sure it's misleading... it took me 15 mins to understand that the reason of the denial was the vertical scrolled view.

Umberto
HalCon
Senior Contributor Location: Charlottetown, PEI Joined: Mar 01, 2008 10:36 Messages: 719 Offline
[Post New]
Umberto,

That is why there is a fit timeline button. It is to keep all tracks visible at all times when editing. See the screen shot in my previous post.

You might think of it as a bug, I think of it as 'I have to check that button so I can see the tracks.'

Hal
OS - Win11 Pro, Alienware R13, CPU - Intel Core I7-12700KF 12 CPUs), 16g DDR5 4400 RAM, Video - Geeforce RTX 3080ti 12g, PD11 & PD365
My YouTube