Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Obviously i exxaggerated on my statement

Personally i find annoying the rounded clip corners. I find good old square borders less distracting and easy-to-understand, expecially when lot of elements lie on the timeline at low zoom level. IMO obviously.

Anyway, this was only a secondary aspect. My first concern was about the long time for processing even a simple clip/transition length adjustment when lots of clips are loaded in the timeline (with lots of clips i mean hundreds).

Greetings! Umberto
Hi all!

Just had a PD9 run. Just to see if some problems that affected PD8 have been solved, I imported an entire folder with lots of AVI clips and JPG images, for a total of 2+ hours movie. Just did a raw import.

It went all good, really fast, good good good!

After that, next test: save the project. close PD9. reopen the project.
Super fast. PD8 took ages to open the same project. wow! amazing!

After that, tried monkeying with clips in the project.
Added a transition between two clips. All ok.

After that, i modified the length of the transition by dragging the transition border.
Argh! PD9 took about 20 seconds to reaccomodate everything. Lots of flickering on preview panel, but at last it did it. It was a simple cross fade on two clips at the start of the movie.

After that i separated an audio from its video and shortened the video part. Another 20+ seconds to reaccomodate.

Well... i expected more reactivity... any comments?

P.S. Is there a way to get rid of the gummy clips rounder borders? It makes PD9 look like Mikey Mouse video editing tool...

Greetings! Umberto
Woops! I glissed over the machine specs.

Sorry
In also encountered this issue.

It happens (in my case) when i do lot of work with clip trimming adjustment. I suppose there is some kind of misbehavior in PowerDirector that causes some internal "audio pointer" to misaligh respect to his video counterpart.

Please try this operation: Go to first clip in your movie, select it, then go to the last one and SHIFT+select it. Now all clips should be selected.

Then press the DEL key to delete all clips (obviously, don't save).

Then undo the deletion operation (CTRL+Z).

This appears to cause an internal pointer recomputation and to align all out of sync audio clips.
At least, it works for me.

Let me know! Umberto
Hi eddie,

Yes PD has ChromaKey functions. You can reach them by placing a video on a PiP track then accessing that video properties. A ChromaKey panel is available for you to choose the key color and tolerance. Hope this is the answer you were looking for.

Greetings! Umberto
Thank you Dafydd for the clarification!

Umberto
Yes, I understand that the audio slider is disabled with photos because they don't have audio track.

The issue with this behavior is that you lose slider control when on playback the timeline cursor reaches a picture, so if you next have a videoclip (with audio), it's difficult to grasp again the slider when it becomes active. You need to stop playback, rewind to the start of the videoclip, restart playback and keep going with volume adjustment.

When you have lots of mixed video and pictures, it's really difficult to use that slider. Then i decided to stop using it...

But that's another issue, we're going OT here

Greetings! Umberto
Don't know if this is the right place to post video links...

REMOVED.
About the music "local rew/play" desynchronization issue...

I found another thread speaking of it:

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/13167.page

Looks like the cause of the issue is the mp3 format of the audio track. Maybe a variable bitrate mp3 causes local synch issues when continually rewind/play the same time range.

In my next project i'll try to convert to WAV to see if the issues goes away. Anyway, looks like there is a possible cause for Cyberlink guys to investigate.

Greetings! Umberto
Dave, never tried with Audio Mixing Room!

I'll try that, hoping this will do the trick! (Really, i never watched the Mixing Room with much interest, i find it annoying to use because audio controls are disabled when on the video track you place a photo, and that makes difficult to do a fluent volume correction on a mixed photo/video track).

Thank you! Umberto
Sometimes i'm in need to perform very quick audio fades to accomodate sound effects, and PD don't allow me doing that.

Say, it looks like it lets me perform a 5/6 frames length fade, but don't allow me to perform a 1 frame fade.

It there a reason in that?

Thank you... Umberto
Well, Tony

It's not my video, just found it on youtube. I don't want to get credits for that

Anyway, I had the issue stated on the video. And also the guy who produced the video had. So, it's not ony into my mind

Greetings! Umberto
Kevin, Tony,

Now i understand what you're meaning with locking. Unlocked music track may be likely the issue, given that when you work on video clip lengths sometimes the music clip starting point "follows" the video clip adjustment...

Sure i'll try to lock the music! Hope this will speed up my workflow.

Anyway, some little "volatile" desync issue still exist... i mean apparent out of sync caused by lots of play/rewind of the same part of video clip (without modifications) ( support answered me "don't play/rewind too many times" ). This issue happens between videoclip track and music track.

And another strange out of sync issue can happen between the video and audio part of the same videoclip. Following the example of this youtube video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHTCBdUVD8k

i found that to fix this particular issue is enough to select all on video track, delete then undo the deletion operation. This operation appears to fix erroneous out of synch issues. Obviously it would be better if the issue will be fixed.

Greetings! Umberto
Well Kevin...

I don't really understand what you mean with "locking" soud track. I simply placed clips on video track and music on audio track then, trying to adjust a clip length to match the transition with the music beat, i found that each adjustment had no avail. the music was always out of synch.

Then i simply tried to play, rewind then play again on the time range of the transition and each time i heard a different music time-shift even without modifications!

Looks like that a local editing causes a "virtual" out of synch. I wrote "virtual" because i experienced this only by repeatedly playing the same time range. If I play everything from the start, the synch issue doesn't exist!

Then, to check my music/video synch, i need to modify clip length, then rewind lots of seconds (10+) and then i can hear the real music alignment.

It's annoying because it makes you feel stupid when each modification leads to inconsistent results....

Thank you! Umberto
Hi all!

I'm trying to synchronize a video clip with a music. I need to synch music beat with video clips transitions.

Well, I noticed that if I keep working on a limited time range (the transition) and repeatedly play, stop, rewind (place the cursor before the transition with a click), play etc... then the music is played with a different time shift at each play. To hear the actual synchronization i need to rewind a lot (10+ seconds).

Looks like there is some kind of audio buffer misalignment if the time range is restricted. This leads to near impossibility to synch video with music.

I wrote this to cyberlink support and they told me that i was working on a corrupted file or i have old audio drivers. Cannot tell anything on drivers, because last driver version is of last year (sony is not very active on drivers update). Speaking on file corruption, i think it's silly because everything works well. Moreover, i detected this "floating" desynch issue only on the ending part of the video. The starting part is perfect.

Any comments? Umberto
Yep, that's a solution.

But if you're on a very long movie it can be annoying. Anyway, it's a solution.

Thank you! Umberto

P.S. Just discovered about PD9 beta... any chance to grasp it for a trial?
Sometimes i feel handy to drag a clip on a pip track, trim it as i wish then move on the main video track by dragging it and "inserting" between two existing clips of the main track.

PD doesn't seem to allow this operation. When a clip has been dragged on pip track/s, it will stick to it and no way to move on main track. Is there a way for doing this?
I looks really annoying not being able to do such simple operation.

I understand that pip tracks have placement information, and i'd accept to lose this information when moving the clip on the main track.

Thanks... Umberto
Well, my fault.

I started modifying the position/duration with the mouse on the timeline with the text editor still in edit mode. In this case the editor resets to previous value.

Looks like i was too lazy to click out of the editor to commit the change

Umberto
Carl,

The operation you suggested (drag the end of the subtitle on the timeline) resets the subtitle text to the original text "Doppio click per modificare il testo" (double click to modify text, in italian).

So, looks like subtitles cannot be touched without losing the text.

Must try another time but i had this issue for each subtitle i manually entered yesterday, maybe today will go better

Umberto
Dafydd,

Ok, i'll try putting all fading titles in a single title clip.

What about bitmaps? I mean, in titles you can add text elements and picture elements. But picture elements don't look like to be fadeable as text is.

Take, for example, one of the "sports" titles, with text over a keyed bitmap. I cannot fade the bitmap element, or, better, i didn't yet find a trick

Greetings! Umberto
Go to: