Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Titles fading
[Post New]
Hi all!

I'd like to fade title clips with a little time overlap between each other (you see next title entering while the previous is exiting)

Is there a way to fade 2 different title clips between each other? Looks like transitions are applicable only to main video track.

I tried to fade out each title object but, if the font/effect causes a little characters overlapping, the fade out effect is not nice (you see different opacities due to overlapping). Moreover, graphical elements such as bitmaps are not "fadeable", and last but not least, i cannot get the time overlap i'm looking for.

How can i workaround?

Thanks! Umberto
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Umberto,
The Title file placed into PD can contain a multiple number of Titles. Creating an "overlaid" display is dependent upon your ability to manipulate the slider controls. You can then create a title to appear as one is disappearing.

Have an experiment and see how you get on.

Come back if you continue to struggle with this.

Dafydd
[Post New]
Dafydd,

Ok, i'll try putting all fading titles in a single title clip.

What about bitmaps? I mean, in titles you can add text elements and picture elements. But picture elements don't look like to be fadeable as text is.

Take, for example, one of the "sports" titles, with text over a keyed bitmap. I cannot fade the bitmap element, or, better, i didn't yet find a trick

Greetings! Umberto