Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How to sync text to clip length?
Anders Bixbe [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Sweden Joined: Apr 05, 2012 16:55 Messages: 44 Offline
[Post New]
I am making a video comparing 2 cameras and I will mark every second clip with camera name in one corner. The only method I know is to drag the text to the lower timeline and fiddle with the duration clock which is very hard and timeconsuming. I hope there is a way to sync my text marker with the different length of every clip. Does anyone know the workflow, please? Corsair Vengeance C70, Asus Geforce GTX 1060
Asus Prime Z370-A, Corsair RMx 850, Samsung SSD 960 EVO M.2. Windows 10,
Corsair Vengeance LP 2X16Gb DDR4 RAM,Intel i7-8700K

Anders Bixbe [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I am making a video comparing 2 cameras and I will mark every second clip with camera name in one corner. The only method I know is to drag the text to the lower timeline and fiddle with the duration clock which is very hard and timeconsuming. I hope there is a way to sync my text marker with the different length of every clip. Does anyone know the workflow, please?

I think I found a useable method myself. I will drag out the timeline and cut where the clip ends. Corsair Vengeance C70, Asus Geforce GTX 1060

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Check the duration of the video clip. Right mouse click on the title and click Set duration… A window pops up for you to enter the time so you don’t have to drag it.
Anders Bixbe [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Check the duration of the video clip. Right mouse click on the title and click Set duration… A window pops up for you to enter the time so you don’t have to drag it.

Thanks.
The problem I had was that the timeline was too short that it was impossible to set the duration correct. I suddenly remembered that I could drag out the timeline ( from the curve at the bottom left corner) and then it became easy to clip and set the duration.smile Corsair Vengeance C70, Asus Geforce GTX 1060