Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote:
Quote: You are telling me to shut up.

My original question was why PD isn't keeping pace with the competition. You knew the answer -- Color Director -- but didn't give it.

Color director is great; the only problem is rather than include it in PD, Cyberlink elected to make it a separate app. No one else resorts to tactics like, and tactics like this are exploitative.

I guess you don't read all your threads?

I told you about Color Director here: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/30541.page

and posted the list of Color Director options that were available (Nov 3). Did you forget that you posted that question? Did you look at it or just forget it.

We are giving you the correct information, you seem to want to ignore it just to complain. It is not exploitive, it is good business. People only buy what they need. Yes, other companies do the same thing. That is why car companies have a bottom of the line and various upgrades from there.

You seem to be having a conversation with yourself, fella. Why is the fact that you mentioned Color Director in an earlier post germane to the question of whether Cyberlink is shaking down users?

And you go on to say "other companies do the same thing" but rather than give an example of another video editing software company doing the same thing, as we would expect, you cite a car company. What kind of logic is that?

Then again, maybe you don't believe Cyberlink is capable of greed.

Is that it?

You are telling me to shut up.

My original question was why PD isn't keeping pace with the competition. You knew the answer -- Color Director -- but didn't give it.

Color director is great; the only problem is rather than include it in PD, Cyberlink elected to make it a separate app. No one else resorts to tactics like, and tactics like this are exploitative.

I also can't help wondering whether it's a bad business in the long-run. By not including Color Director in PD, PD lags behind the competition.
"Gary, fer cryin' out loud, man, if you don't want to upgrade, don't, you don't HAVE to buy it, it ain't Obamacare. "
-- Barry the Crab
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last time I checked this was the USA not Russia, and in the USA -- particularly in forums like this -- free speech is allowed and encouraged.

What part of Free Speech do you have a problem with, Bob?
Ha!

I just found out about color director, down-loaded it, and now I see what's going on!

They put all the real cool enhancements in color director -- a seperate app that cost more than PD 12.

How predatory is that?
I made these observations years ago and Cyberlink keeps ignoring them. I didn't buy pd 11 and I won't by PD 12.
None of these "new features" increase the core functionality of the application. All are novelty enhancements most users won't use. For example, how many prosumers will use the "multi-cam" feature? Likewise, how often will anyone need the enhancements in the subtitle room? And "content aware" editing has no real application for the serious prosumer -- especially one who would use the new multi-cam feature. And I've read the forum and no one is complaining about PD not being fast enough, so why the emphasis on speeding things up?

Meanwhile, in the areas where PD lags behind the competition nothing has been done. Everyone uses titles, so why not improve that instead of subtitles? And instead of 400 new effects nobody will use, how about one or two effects people actually will use, like film or cinematic look?
Here we go again....

I ask a simple question, but rather than get a direct answer I get the "As far as I know, you're the only person who has ever asked that question."

PS upgrades continue to disappoint. The things people actually want are ignored in place of things nobody wants. Who wants or need multi-camera support? What is 4k acceleration? Where's the ground-swell demand for "content aware" editing? And why more tacky templates that no serious prosumer would ever use?

How about an easy way to sync video with audio? Adobe Premier Pro now ships with Plural eyes functionality. .Why continue to include an "old film" effect, when everybody wants an effect that will make their movie look like the Transformers? And do you realize how disappointing it is to launch pd 12 and not see a dime's difference between it and pd 10?
The film look, is basically color. PD is behind the cure on this. Even in pd 12 there doesn't appear to be an effect that adjust the native color of a video shot in a DSLR to mimic the film look.
First off somebody needs to tell Cyberlink that an upgraded product should look and act upgraded. Just downloaded the trial version of PD 12 and there's nothing in it I can see that makes it look or act like an upgrade.

How do I get the film look effect in pd 10?
"Note that "Crop" is for images, "Power Crop" (found in Power Tools) is for video,"

Oh, that explains it.
Not the one I'm talking about.

Look at the video I linked. It talks about a crop tool button.
The video totorial below uses the "crop image editor" but I don't seem to have that button in my version of PD 10.

http://directorzone.cyberlink.com/tutorial/pdr10/?AP=PDR&Version=10&versionType=Ultra&utm_source=pdr&utm_medium=10&utm_campaign=embedded_page_after_sign_Title
Quote: A note to the young C.B. DeMille Wannabe,
a good video is about story-line, video quality (to some degree), sound/music.
Fancy titles can be too distracting, FX can be overdone. Just try to make your message/point, and make careful and sparse use of extras, capture good sound, watch the lighting, you'll get better reviews from your friends, unless of course you treat THEM the way you treat US, here. Now I will no longer respond to your posts unless they are respectful, I hope others will follow, but it's a free forum.

Get out of here, you bum! And take your cheesy software with you.
Quote: Hi Gary

Try PD11. They're a tad more cheesy

Why don't you contact Cyberlink?

Sony Vegas, baby.

Bye!
First of all, I'm not going anywhere.

Look at the archives and you'll see I've been here over a year already hammering home the same theme.

And that theme is PD doesn't have the core titles and effects all the other video editing apps do.

And I figured out why: somewhere along the line some corporate bean-counter convinced everyone there was no need to spend money or Useful core effects and themes because there were millions of users in China and Ubekestan willing to submit their effects and titles.

Great cost-cutting idea except for one thing -- people who don't live in China and Ubekestan won't touch any of that stuff with a ten foot pole. No American would use the MGM lion intro for any of his videos. That may be cool in Ubekestan but it isn't in the states.

Fool me once, shame on you.

Fool me twice, shame on me.

CL is a Chinese company that apparently spent a lot of money promoting itself as the number one video editing software.

None of this money was spent creating the core effects and titles seen in all other video editing programs including free ones like MS Movie Maker.

Instead, CL wants the customer to believe the 25687 effects and titles submitted by users meet quality production standards. Perhaps in the Republic of China and Uberkestan they do, but in the Western Hemisphere not a single one of these 25687 user submitted effects and titles meet quality production standards.

CL apparently doesn't realize this.

Someone needs to tell them this so they can fix this problem.
Just downloaded PD 11 and it has a grand total of 4 titles -- which is less than PD 10 has.

Meanwhile it brags about 25867 titles.

Of course that's 25867 unusable titles, something the people at Cyberlink still don't grasp.

Will someone tell me why don't they hire a graphic artist to create some usable titles that can be shipped with this product?

It would take all of a week to do that.

Or maybe all that have to do is cull 10 usable ones from the 25867.

Assuming there are are 10 usable ones in the 25867 which by all appearances there isn't.
The problem is Cyberlink is promoting these 'ridiculous" effects and titles as production quality effects and titles and that's misleading -- most especially in light of the utterly useless core titles the application comes with.

Every other application I've tested has a robust collection of titles; Cyberlink has four or five of them that are utterly useless. Worse sitll, the promise of thousands of user submitted titles which prompted me to buy the product is a sad joke when one finally get to see how RIDICULOUS they all are.

Moreover, since I made this complaint over year ago, I can only conclude Cyberlink doesn't know quality effects and titles from utterly useless ones.

I other words, my purpose is to help Cyberlink get up to speed. For the past year I've been using Movie Maker for my titles and I'm just sick and tired of it. You say your sick and tired of my grand total of three posts; but you don't have to read my posts. I paid good money for cb 10 and I have to use it every day.

You tell me to make my own -- but why don't you make some quality effects and titles for cyberlink if it's that easy.

You said the existing ones are "ridiculous " -- why don't you do something about?

There's simply no excuse for the glut of perfectly unusable effects and titles masquerading as quality. The stuff is almost all garbage.

Who in their right mind would use the MGM lion as an intro to their video and all the other efforts are so cheesy it's not even worth going though the lists to see what's there.

What's needed are the basic effects and titles all other video editing apps have. And telling me to "make my own" is not the answer.

Stop depending on customers to do the job you should have done years ago.
Go to: