Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Core Effects and Titles Needed
garylloyd1212 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 21, 2012 18:55 Messages: 42 Offline
[Post New]
There's simply no excuse for the glut of perfectly unusable effects and titles masquerading as quality. The stuff is almost all garbage.

Who in their right mind would use the MGM lion as an intro to their video and all the other efforts are so cheesy it's not even worth going though the lists to see what's there.

What's needed are the basic effects and titles all other video editing apps have. And telling me to "make my own" is not the answer.

Stop depending on customers to do the job you should have done years ago.
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Uh,
this is a USER forum, and nearly all the "effects" are created and uploaded by users, though I agree many are ridiculous. These really aren't true effects, mostly images that can overlay your production timeline.
As for true effects, they will be found in the EFFECTS module.
This is your THIRD thread started on your disapproval of titles/menus, basically all DirectorZone content. If you want to be an editor, and you don't like what is available, then create your own. Your ENDLESS bitchin' is pointless and tiresome.
HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
garylloyd1212 [Avatar]
[Post New]
The problem is Cyberlink is promoting these 'ridiculous" effects and titles as production quality effects and titles and that's misleading -- most especially in light of the utterly useless core titles the application comes with.

Every other application I've tested has a robust collection of titles; Cyberlink has four or five of them that are utterly useless. Worse sitll, the promise of thousands of user submitted titles which prompted me to buy the product is a sad joke when one finally get to see how RIDICULOUS they all are.

Moreover, since I made this complaint over year ago, I can only conclude Cyberlink doesn't know quality effects and titles from utterly useless ones.

I other words, my purpose is to help Cyberlink get up to speed. For the past year I've been using Movie Maker for my titles and I'm just sick and tired of it. You say your sick and tired of my grand total of three posts; but you don't have to read my posts. I paid good money for cb 10 and I have to use it every day.

You tell me to make my own -- but why don't you make some quality effects and titles for cyberlink if it's that easy.

You said the existing ones are "ridiculous " -- why don't you do something about?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 13. 2012 13:56

garylloyd1212 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Just downloaded PD 11 and it has a grand total of 4 titles -- which is less than PD 10 has.

Meanwhile it brags about 25867 titles.

Of course that's 25867 unusable titles, something the people at Cyberlink still don't grasp.

Will someone tell me why don't they hire a graphic artist to create some usable titles that can be shipped with this product?

It would take all of a week to do that.

Or maybe all that have to do is cull 10 usable ones from the 25867.

Assuming there are are 10 usable ones in the 25867 which by all appearances there isn't.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 13. 2012 14:48

txnative [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 13, 2012 17:43 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Ummm... I've enjoyed using the cheesy MGM Lion!
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
OK, Gary, I'll bite one last time.
PD11? The trial or the full version?
When you buy PD8-9-10-11, there are/were always CONTENT PACKS, additional downloads that include menus, themes, titles, etc.
Maybe you do not have the CONTENT PACKS.
This link is to CL created titles.
http://directorzone.cyberlink.com/effect/TT/downloadCount/7/ALL#TT_-1_downloadCount_7_ClDesign_WORLDWIDE_thumb_1
This link is to CL title sets.
http://directorzone.cyberlink.com/effect/TT#titleset_-1_downloadCount_0_ALL_WORLDWIDE_thumb_1
This link is to...
http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/pain_in_the_ass
Sorry if I've broken protocol again... HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
garylloyd1212 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Fool me once, shame on you.

Fool me twice, shame on me.

CL is a Chinese company that apparently spent a lot of money promoting itself as the number one video editing software.

None of this money was spent creating the core effects and titles seen in all other video editing programs including free ones like MS Movie Maker.

Instead, CL wants the customer to believe the 25687 effects and titles submitted by users meet quality production standards. Perhaps in the Republic of China and Uberkestan they do, but in the Western Hemisphere not a single one of these 25687 user submitted effects and titles meet quality production standards.

CL apparently doesn't realize this.

Someone needs to tell them this so they can fix this problem.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Gary -

There seem to be two issues (probably more):
1. You don't like the stuff on DirectorZone (or that it's promoted as being of some "quality")
2. There are only 4 title effects in your download of PD11

Barry was trying to determine whether you had installed the two contents packs, which include most of the templates for titles, particles, menus etc. That would be the most obvious cause of only having 4 titles in your library.

You didn't say whether you had installed them or not... or are you referring to the trial version? If you're specific, members can answer properly.

Nobody here (we're just PD users like you) can do a single thing about the quality or artistic merit of the effects (a) installed with PD or (b) uploaded to DZ. Not a single thing.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!