Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
There's simply no excuse for the glut of perfectly unusable effects and titles masquerading as quality. The stuff is almost all garbage.

Who in their right mind would use the MGM lion as an intro to their video and all the other efforts are so cheesy it's not even worth going though the lists to see what's there.

What's needed are the basic effects and titles all other video editing apps have. And telling me to "make my own" is not the answer.

Stop depending on customers to do the job you should have done years ago.
tried one of those it really didn't work out as quickly as I'd have liked.

The problem is getting a near-match and then not being able to advance or go back a frame or two.

is there a way of doing that?
Thanks,

Say, is there a tutorial on syncing audio with video.

I record with my Zoom 4h and need to sync it.
I think I may be overdoing it.

I'm going to lay off for awhile.
Am I really supposed to go through 2000 titles and 900 menus to find a tasteful, professional title and menu I can use?

It wouldn't be so bad if these titles and menu were interesting and useful but after going thorough page and page of titles and menus that look like they were created by 13-year-olds on meth I've become more than a little frustrated.

Firstly, I don't understand why PD doesn't come with a basic set of titles and menus that are actually usable. Every other app on the market does -- why not CL?

Secondly, I can't believe there are people at Cyberlink who actually think the horrible user submitted titles and menus have any utility at all.

They don't.

And please don't tell me to make my own custom titles and menus -- that misses the whole point.

All I'm asking is for CL to provide a basic set of of USEABLE titles and menus and stop relying on users to do their job for them.

Why is that asking too much?

Good suggestions.

They've helped.
Took several of the suggestions and the improvement has been dramatic.

Soluto got rid of start-up programs I wasn't even aware of.

Started converting to mpp4 that helped lots.

Should I invest in a graphics card and increase my ram?

Thanks, again
Why do I get the feeling I just walked into a San Francisco bathhouse during Happy Hours?
Quote: Gary
It was your choice that you bought PD-10.We did not ask you. You should have tested the trial version,asked the question which you are asking now before you bought.

There is no God here. We are all like you,I guess,perhaps a bit saner

See, here in America it's not like India; we have something called "Freedom of Speech."

Would you like me to explain to you what these words mean?
In wmm I can get 10 quality titles or menues with the click of keystroke.

In PD I have to wade through hundreds of user submitted gunk after which I find nothing.

One app is free the other costs $90.

Guess which one that is?

Quote: Garylloyd1212

In all the posts I have noticed you have vented frustration though many users like Tony endeavoured to help you with the problem.

From you posts I infer that you are not inclined to accept the suggestions or workarounds.

If you still feel that PD10 is not meeting your minimum expectations it would be wise if you seek a refund
and move to something which will make you happy.

All of us are like "you", a user, who have come here to seek and help each other.

Thank you
Babdi

Who died and appointed you God?
Quote: Works fine here (WMM6 - 64bit). No problem installing or running.

Good luck - Tony

Great.

Can I come over and use your machine?

I'd take the red eye from Kennedy and be there in the morning.
Quote: OK - fair enough.

No - it's OK - I've used WMM & WMML. I have no need to check it/them out further. Thanks anyway.

Sorry to hear you're not interested in learning how to do things for yourself - that's OK.

Cheers - Tony

P.S. Getting hold of the WMM 2.6 is easy.

Installing wmm on win 7 is not easy. There are entire forums devoted to this and none of the solutions work on my machine.
http://movies.blainesville.com/2010/05/installing-windows-movie-maker-60-on.html#comment-form
Quote: Gary -

Is this not simple, useful & beautiful? http://directorzone.cyberlink.com/detail/153239

I'd still be interested to see some examples of menus or titles you think are OK. As Jim says, PD allows you much more scope to format your own.

Since you're raising comparisons, see how you'd go doing this in WMM... (this was my first shot at this & no - I know it's not simple, useful & beautiful) http://youtu.be/vOCG8PbBHM0
Cheers - Tony

I've already seen the menu you mention above and it's useless. Here's a u-tube showing wmm menus
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pj_xv1fyQjY

The menus are smart, tasteful, and professional -- entirely unlike the childish, gamer-inspired menus you get with PD.

And I'm not the least bit interested in learning how to make custom menus. I just think a app that bills itself as the best around should at least offer quality menus I can get for free from wmm.

Likewise titles. Who on earth uses the garish, clownish titles in PD?

Meanwhile, in wmm, the titles are again simple and tasteful.

check it out yourself in wmm.

Pissed, yeah, I'm pissed. I'm getting all my titles and menus from wmm and in fact would probably dump PD entirely if there was a way to get an old version of wmm on my machine instead of the windows live version.
Quote: Hi,
As a novice user of Power Director for hobby work and amusement I love the program. I create my own Backgrounds, Menus and objects, frames that match the theme i am working on.
It takes time and some imagination on your part tho'. If you don't want to have something original that you create fine go with Movie Makers point and click and have a menu 'Production' that is not your design...I would rather have a finished video that I created by myself.
Jim

The question isn't PD vs Movie Maker, the question is why doesn't PD have any native/default Text and DVD menu choices as simple, useful, and beautiful as Movie Maker.

Much to top heavy.

No basic and beautiful text and dvd menu options like windows Movie Maker.

Honestly, why am I using windows movie maker for my text and dvd choices when I own PD?

Since I don't use 50% of PD features I'd like to turn them off so it can run faster.

All the user text and menus are absolutely useless.

Quote: Hi Gary,

mind you, I'm no expert in reading Dxdiags, but from what I understand,
your computer seem to be not powerful enough for AVCHD files.
You have a dual core @ 2.20GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.2GHz and a graphic card Display Memory: 1341 MB
Dedicated Memory: 128 MB
Shared Memory: 1213 MB
There's a lot listed under DirectShow Filters. Do you have a lot running/installed on your pc?
Your C: drive has very little space, and only 5.1 GB free.

You are going in the right direction to convert your files, but why .avi?
Try converting to .mp4 or .wmv , set a modest bitrate to the convertion and maybe all the
way down to 640x360 (at least 1280x720), to give it a try. Pre-produce small bits and combine these
small bits in the to the same format.
Gary, I have to do this on my laptop all the time, and my laptop is a bit stronger than yours.
Sorry, you might not be in luck.

"There's a lot listed under DirectShow Filters. Do you have a lot running/installed on your pc?"

How do I get these things out of the DirectShow Filters?

Thanks
Quote: Unfortunately, I suspect the answer from most folk will be that your laptop is underpowered for the job, although you don't say exactly what type of source files you are editing.

I think the short answer to your query is that there is very little (if anything) that you can "switch off" to aid performance.

Cheers
Adrian

I'm not happy. I've resorted to windows movie maker.

I don't understand why my machine isn't powerful enough.

ime of this report: 4/23/2012, 09:55:05
Machine name: RICLAND-PC
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.110622-1506)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: TOSHIBA
System Model: Satellite L515
BIOS: InsydeH2O Version 1.50
Processor: Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU T4400 @ 2.20GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.2GHz
Memory: 3072MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 2940MB RAM
Page File: 2848MB used, 3029MB available
Windows Dir: C:\windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode
It's slow in edit and tends to hang.

slows to a crawl with avchd files so I've resorted to converting these files to avi.

will provide version as soon as progrom loads. I suspect I'll have to restart my computer.

see attachment

version 10.0.01424c
I can't believe I'm forced to crank up Movie Maker whenever I need a title or DVD menu because the Power Director titles and menus are so useless.

I need generic titles and menus that look professional not all the Hollywood rip-off and gamer-inspired titles and menus.

Who but a 13-year-old uses the MGM logo in his DVD menus?

The user generated stuff is awful, but that's to be expected.

What's not expected is Cyberlink has no decent default stuff.

And combing through the hundreds of user submitted stuff is not an option. PD should come with quality defaults -- just the way the FREE Movie Maker does! -- but doesn't.

Nothing.
I would like to turn off most of PD if that will make it run faster.

Really don't need all the features and don't like the way it hangs.
Go to: