Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Does anyone have NewBlue TotalFX 7 installed and if so, do the existing Newblue plugins with PowerDirector 365 still show up. In my case, there are no Newblue plugins that show up including the ones that NewblueFX claims has been fixed to work in PD 365.
Quote It's hard to see why the new version would have trouble with those clips. It's more likely that something else happened at the same time, like maybe the Windows 20H2 release which could easily have changed the nVidia driver.

Since the nVidia driver is what caused the crash last time, download the latest Studio Driver (456.71) and go through the clean install process like last time.

Thanks again for addressing this issue. It was when I installed the latest Nvidia Studio Driver 456.71 that you referenced above 3 days ago which corrected the problem of not being able to read the .mts files in CyberProducer 365/19. So for about 2 days, I was able to edit .mts just like I was always able to edit them in PowerDirector 18. However, as soon as I updated PowerDirector 19 to version 19.0.2222.0 which was last night, I began experiencing the problem again. I am running Windows 10 Pro Ver 2004 and the last cumulative update I have is KB4571756 whic was installed on October 21. I don't know about you but I am hesitant to install the latest cumulatiive update for Windows 10 Version 2004 (KB4579311) or the WIndows 20H2 update until I feel safe enough given the problems users report about every Microsoft Windows update. Perhaps when I am ready to do that it will help out.

But can you explain to me that when the only thing that changed since last night was updating to PowerDirector 19.0.2222.0 and now the .mts problem occurs again? Is PowerDirector installing Windows DLL's or Nvidia Graphics drivers? Like I said, I am using the Nvidia Studio 456.71 driver.

By the way, I have 5 other video editiors such as Magix Edit Pro, Vegas Pro 17, Corel VIdeostudio 21, Nero Video 2020, and Davinci 16 which I have never experienced any problems editing .mts files. PowerDirector is my favorite editor among these others but until moving to PowerDirector 19 about a month ago everything was okay. This is really perplexing to me as I have been working with computers since the late 1970"s

This reply is in regards to the issue of PowerDirector 265/19 crashing when editing .MTS files from Sony digital cameras. It appeared to have been an issue with the NVIDIA drivers for Geforce RTX 2080 graphics cards. The resolution was installing the lastest Nvidia Studio graphics driver and not the Nvidia Game Graphics driver. I just wanted to be more clear with that fact just in case other PowerDirector users with RTX graphics cards were experiencing the same problem.

Well, I guess I spoke to soon. I just went into the Cyberlink program manager and noticed that they just released an upgrade to PowerDirector 365/19. So I upgraded to this new release. And unfortuately, it undid the problem correction of being able to edit .MTS files. So now I am back to the starting point of my computer crashing when trying to edit .MTS files. I can still play these .mts files in PowerDVD 19. I have just discovered by using Movavi Video converter 2021 to convert the .MTS file to .MP4 files, it will allow me to edit these .M4 files in PowerDirector 365/19. So I now have a workaround. It would be nice to be able to process the .MTS files right in PowerDirector and maybe Cyberlink will provide a future release that will do that, but personnally, I don't have any more time to deal with it. Thanks for all those who made suggestions.

Dears,
Pleased to annonce the last release 19.0.2222..0 for my 365 I installed this morning solves the long time production depending on titles. Now whatever the title pack, the elapsed time to produce is the same from my test (producing HD H265, 15 Mb bitrate, 50p videos)

Bruno

This reply is in regards to the issue of PowerDirector 265/19 crashing when editing .MTS files from Sony digital cameras. It appeared to have been an issue with the NVIDIA drivers for Geforce RTX 2080 graphics cards. The resolution was installing the lastest Nvidia Studio graphics driver and not the Nvidia Game Graphics driver. I just wanted to be more clear with that fact just in case other PowerDirector users with RTX graphics cards were experiencing the same problem.
Quote Thanks for all the additional details. We can clearly focus on your desktop rather than on the MTS clips.

One thing you can try is to uncheck the Enable hardware decoding option from Settings | Hardware Acceleration and see if that makes any difference. If it does, you should run the nVidia 456.98 installer again to reinstall the existing driver cleanly.

On the nVidia Installation Options page, chose Custom (Advanced) then select only the Graphics Driver and also check the Perform a clean installation box. This will force the installer to remove all existing drivers and then only (re)install the new graphics driver. You may need/want to reboot.

If disabling hardware decoding or reinstalling the nVidia driver doesn't work, you may want to check Windows' core system files as decribed in this post. There are a wide range of BSOD and other serious app crashes listed at the end of the DxDiag report, and sometimes these errors can be addressed by running the diagnostic commands in the linked post.

Your advice above on re-installing the latest nvidia driver and performing a clean installation resolved the problem. There must have been a bug in the driver where it couldn't recognize the .mts format. Thanks very much -now I can continue with using my Sony A6500 camera for video capture and editing within PowerDirector 19.
Quote I often use Canon MTS files and haven't seen any issues with PD19/365. It would help to see the DxDiag results from your computer as requested in the Read Me Before Posting guide.

You may also want to share a sample clip from your a6500 so other people can see if there's anything unusual about it. Please see this FAQ regarding proivacy and sharing media clips via the cloud.

Thanks for your quick response. Attached is a DXDiag info file. I just noticed that reading 9x16 files in PowerDirector 19/365 created on my Samsung Galaxy 8 phone also causes problems and cannot be read.

I had forgotten that I have a copy of PowerDirector 19/365 on my Dell travel laptop which is about 10 years old. Yet, I was just able to load and edit the same .mts files on the laptop without problem. The 9x16 files also work on the laptop. I am running Windows 10 Version 1909 on the laptop but on my desktop I am runing WIndows 10 PRO Ver 2004.

Another interesting fact is that on my desktop, I was having problems playing my .mts files using PowerDVD 19 and it would crash that software. However, when I upgraded to PowerDVD 20 the problem went away and they play fantastic.

A lot of weird things going on! I have tested my Asus Gefroece RTX 2080 card using the UNigine Heaven Benchmark and it did not find any problems with the card or its memory. Any ideas what is going on?

Jack Jones
I have a similiar configuration with the one below except I am using the Gigagybte Z370 Gaming 7 with the Intell Core i7 8700K. I am using the same graphics card. I record tons of .mts files using a Sony a6500 camera. I had no problem editing these files in Cyberlink 18 or earlier versions but editing my .mts files in Cyberlink 19 crashes not only Cyberlink but my computer every time. THis happens even if I convert the .MTS files to MP4 files using other video converters and subsequently load and edit them in PowerDirector 19. I even tried editing my .mts files in Vegas Pro 17 and render an Mp4 file but that also crashes my computer when attempting to edit the resulting file in PowerDirector 19. Bottom line is I can't even get to the stage of testing the rendering time in PowerDirector 19 using the GPU mode. I have the latest graphics card drivers installed but thinking it may be my graphics card. My question is that have you tried editing .MTS files in your configuration below?

Quote Hi there!

Been using Powerdirector all the way back since Powerdirector 12 and I'm really loving the new features and quality of life improvements in the latest version. However, I've noticed something very strange, I use hardware acceleration for my renders and in Powerdirector 18 - and all versions before that - my GPU would put in almost all of the work, my GPU would normally be at 60% usage whereas my CPU would be at about 30%. With the exact same settings in PD19, my usage tends to be 70% for CPU, and around 40-50% for GPU. Not only that, my average render time has almost doubled. I've already made sure my drivers are up to date, not sure what else could help. Would really appreciate any advice about this - Thanks!

I'll list my specs here, in case that helps:

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO
Processor: Intel Core i9 Eight Core Processor i9-9900k (3.6GHz) 16mb cache
GPU: 8GB ASUS ROG STRIX GEFORCE RTX 2080
RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 3000MHz
Storage Drives: 250gb Seagate Barracuda 2.5" SSD + 4TB Seagate Barracuda Pro 3.5" 7200RPM Hard Drive
PSU: Corsair 850W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold Ultra Quiet
Quote This is almost certainly caused by a problem with how your PC is configured, with a slight chance that something about the specific clips you're working with is the issue.

Please follow the steps in the Read Me Before Posting guide and attach the DxDiag file so we can see the details of your computer.

Also, please upload a short sample clip to OneDrive, Dropbox, Google Drive, etc and paste a publicly shareable link here so we can test it.

Here is the contents of the DXDiag for my computer:
Just recently updated my subscription to Director Suite 365 two weeks ago. For the first time trying to edit 9-16 Aspect Ratio files n PowerDirector 19, I found out that the software would crash Windows 10 automatically restarting my computer. It happens every time. I am using an ASUS Geforce RTX 2080 graphics card with 8 Gigs of memory. It shouild be noted that I did not have any problem editing 9-16 Aspect Ration files in PowerDirector 18. I am curious to whether anyone else is experiencing this problem and how they resolved it.
Quote Hi Jack -

Strange as it sounds, your idea of replacing "Effect Extractor.exe" has been known to work in previous versions.

It's installed at C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\Shared files

Cheers - Tony

Tony,

Thanks for the info! As soon as I replaced the "Effect Extractor.exe" on my computer with the one from my wife's laptop, it worked. ALthough both files had the same file size, I noticed they had differenct orginal file creaion dates. I will notify tecnical support that the problem was resolved thanks to you and this community forum. Unfortunately, the technical staff was not helpful.

Jack
Quote If it may help, the same happens with Express Project "Fashion" (all the 3 modules). Same confirmation message, but nothing happens and the "Downloaded EP" folder is empty.

Edited to report a possible reason:

IT'S THE EXTRACTOR!

I checked it with PIP (extension .dzp) and Express Project (extension .dzep). The extractor puts the extracted files into the temporary folder, then it creates a folder with the proper name, transfers all the files from the temporary folder to the folder with the effect name, then it empties the temporary folder AND ERASES THE EFFECT FOLDER. Don't ask me why, I am a retired pharmacologist and not a computer guy.

WORKAROUND:
Use Winzip or Winrar. The downloaded files are simple .zip files with a changed extension. Unzip them to the proper section of the "downloaded effects" area (C:\Users\Public\CyberLink\Downloaded ***) and it works like a charm. Tested with the Fashion EP and with a random PIP effect

Thanks for your advise. However, I tried your method and it does not work for me. I am using WINZP Pro and unzipped them to the appropriate folder. I tried it with downloading particles and PIP effects. I noticed that when this was working for me two months ago, that the PD Extractor was creading a folder like "pip001" for each effect. I even tried creating the next sequence number folder and then extracted the effect in therre but PD 16 still doesn't recognize it.

I next downloaded a test version of PD 16 on my wife's laptop and low and behold, this problem does not exist. Unfortunately, that is not the computer I use for video editing.

Do you know what module in PD 16 that is the EXTRACTOR? I am thinking that if I replace that file with a copy from my wife's laptop, maybe that will correct the problem. The technical staff appears unwilling to provide me with that info. They are not helful with this issue and don't want to acknowledge there is a problem.
Quote Hi Jack -

I guess the details that need investigating are included in that PDF. Unfortunately, it wasn't attached so noone here knows the details.

The issue you seem to be having is not related to the latest patch update (2524). Downloading & installing DZ effects works fine here, running that build.

There's a PiP Object template attached. What happens when you download & double click the .dzp file? Does it install correctly?

If you attach that PDF, you'll probably get more help.

Cheers - Tony

Tony,

Thanks for the info. Good to know that it is not a problem with the most recent patch. I downloaded and install your attached PIP Object template. Just like the other effects that I have downloaded from the Director Zone, it installs with a confirmation message that it has installed but it does not show in the PIP Objects folder in either 16x9 or 4x3 aspect ratio. The PDF file that I attempted to attach is just a picture of the first posting I made of this problem a few days ago. I have attached it again in both PDF and JPG formats although it doesn't seem to be working. There is nothing new in these attachments then what is in the posting that you responded to. Just to let you know that I have been using PowerDirctor since PD7 and am an IT pro since the mid 1970's so you can talk technical to me. It appears that PowerDirector has the various effects installed in subfolders of C:\Program Files\Cyberlink\PowerDirector 16 but the effects that I have recently downloaded on not in any of these folders. Also, I don't see any effects in the various Appdata folders under my username. Do you know where PD 16 installs the downloaded effects as I do have lots of them displaying in the PD User interface except for anything I install right now. Oh, it looks as if the attachement to this message are not going to be included - don't knwo why.

Tony,

I jjust found out where the downloaded effects from Director Zone are installed:

C;\Users\Public\Cyberlink\Downloaded Effects. This folder contains the following subfolders:

_tmp_
Emotion Effects
Frame Effects
Object Effects
Particle Effects
Stroke Effects

Most the recent Effects that I have downloaded from Director Zone are in the _tmp_ folder. What is weird is that I don't see the PIP Object that you gave me in any of these folders.

Any other effects that i have downloaded previous to having this problem (prior to Feb 201 are in the appropiate other folders.

I will play around with copying some of these files from the tmp folder to the appropriate download folded to see what happens.
Quote Hi Jack -

I guess the details that need investigating are included in that PDF. Unfortunately, it wasn't attached so noone here knows the details.

The issue you seem to be having is not related to the latest patch update (2524). Downloading & installing DZ effects works fine here, running that build.

There's a PiP Object template attached. What happens when you download & double click the .dzp file? Does it install correctly?

If you attach that PDF, you'll probably get more help.

Cheers - Tony

Tony,

Thanks for the info. Good to know that it is not a problem with the most recent patch. I downloaded and install your attached PIP Object template. Just like the other effects that I have downloaded from the Director Zone, it installs with a confirmation message that it has installed but it does not show in the PIP Objects folder in either 16x9 or 4x3 aspect ratio. The PDF file that I attempted to attach is just a picture of the first posting I made of this problem a few days ago. I have attached it again in both PDF and JPG formats although it doesn't seem to be working. There is nothing new in these attachments then what is in the posting that you responded to. Just to let you know that I have been using PowerDirctor since PD7 and am an IT pro since the mid 1970's so you can talk technical to me. It appears that PowerDirector has the various effects installed in subfolders of C:\Program Files\Cyberlink\PowerDirector 16 but the effects that I have recently downloaded on not in any of these folders. Also, I don't see any effects in the various Appdata folders under my username. Do you know where PD 16 installs the downloaded effects as I do have lots of them displaying in the PD User interface except for anything I install right now. Oh, it looks as if the attachement to this message are not going to be included - don't knwo why.
I have the same problem and have made a post in the Cyblerlink Community Forum. This is not an aspect ration problem for me. Below is a more detailed description which I have submitted as a support ticket to the technical staff:

After downloading and successfully installing Particles, Titles, Transitions, and menus from Director Zone, none of these items appear in the appropriate download folders. I am using the correct aspect ratio when viewing. The last time I attempted to do this was on 1/21/18 and it worked fine. Curious to whether the latest patch - build 2524 of which I installed in early March is causing this problem and needs to be fixed. The only change I have made to my system in the last two months is swapping out an AMD graphics card and replacing it with an Nvidia Card - Asus GTX 1060. I have run the Dxdiag routine and the results are attached. I have posted this issue on the Cyberlink Community Forum and another user has posted the same problem the day before my posting. See the attached PDF file of the posting. Please tell me where the various effects downloaded and installed are stored by PowerDirector 16 so I can verify whether they are actually in the folders.

Does anyone else experiencing this problem and is there anyone that has a solution other than making sure you are using the correct aspect ration of the effect?
Quote I am using 16:9 aspect ratio and have made sure that the particles I want to download are the same ratio, but they still don't show up in my particle room after I've downloaded and double clicked on them to activate them.. I get the message that they have been successfully installed, but they still don't show up in the particle downloads folder.

Help???

Thank you

Having Same identical problem with particles, menus, transitions after successfully being installed - no longer showing up in their perspective folders. I know ther are the correct aspect. The last time I attempte to do this was on 1/21/18 and it worked. Curious to whether the latest patch - build 2524 of which I installed in early March is causing this problem and needs to be fixed.
I had the same problem but needed a different solution. I had WinZIP Pro installed which has designated opening .Z files as a default. When I turned that option off, I was able to successfully install the latest patch update to Power2Go 11 Premium.

Quote Found the problem. Patch would not complete because I uninstalled WaveEditor at an earlier date. Reinstalled everthing with WaveEditor included and patch worked fine.

Quote This is not complicated. The file downloads automatically from the update menu. 90% throught the installation of the patch it gives a message that it cannot extract file Data1.7z. Windows defender is off. No other antivirus installed. That's it.

Quote will this issue gone after you restart PC? it seems fine on my laptop.

no. and i re downloaded it again. This is not a problem with my computer.

There is no Dec 20 update to Power2Go 11. The last one is from Dec 13.
That is a pretty definitive statement.
I'm not having any problems with my desktop either so... .Where did you get the file ID as "Data1.7z" .
Did you look at the notes for this update and do you fit into one of these categories?
" Note: This patch is not for Power2Go OEM versions, or versions purchased via Steam.
Adds support on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update platforms.
Resolves the issue that certain YouTube videos cannot back up in 2160P (4K) quality.
Minor bug fixes."
Did you have your antivirus and/or registry cleaner active? It sounds like you have a zipped file - do you? Where did you get it?
Go to: