Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Particles from Director zone not installing
Sue000 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 28, 2017 17:53 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I downloaded numerous particles,(transitions and pip )& always got the message "The particle was successfully installed and is now ready to use. It is available for Cyberlink power director"....however when i got back into Cyberlink 16 the particle has not shown up. The transitions show up but many of the particles i have tried do not...i tried numerous times...(one of them was "ship 13") Is anyone else have this problem?? if so did you find a solution? thank you
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I downloaded numerous particles,(transitions and pip )& always got the message "The particle was successfully installed and is now ready to use. It is available for Cyberlink power director"....however when i got back into Cyberlink 16 the particle has not shown up. The transitions show up but many of the particles i have tried do not...i tried numerous times...(one of them was "ship 13") Is anyone else have this problem?? if so did you find a solution? thank you
Look in the "Downloaded" folder in the Particle Room.

You may have to expand the left panel to see the other folders. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Sue -

There are a couple of factors that may be causing the problem here:

1. "ship 13" is actually a Video Overlay/PiP Object (Frame), so it won't show up in Particles

2. "ship 13" is 4:3, so it won't show up in a 16:9 project

So - if your project is 16:9 & you're looking in the Particles room you'll think it's not there! laughing

It could be that other effects from DZ are not what or where you thought they were for the same reasons.

Cheers - Tony

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 14. 2018 22:53

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Ship 13 is a PiP Object. To find it, go to the Pip Object room/Downloaded. Now change the Aspect Ratio of the project from 16:9 to 4:3 and it should show.

EDIT: Tony answered first while I was still typing.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 14. 2018 22:54

JackJones24 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 15, 2011 14:56 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
I have the same problem and have made a post in the Cyblerlink Community Forum. This is not an aspect ration problem for me. Below is a more detailed description which I have submitted as a support ticket to the technical staff:

After downloading and successfully installing Particles, Titles, Transitions, and menus from Director Zone, none of these items appear in the appropriate download folders. I am using the correct aspect ratio when viewing. The last time I attempted to do this was on 1/21/18 and it worked fine. Curious to whether the latest patch - build 2524 of which I installed in early March is causing this problem and needs to be fixed. The only change I have made to my system in the last two months is swapping out an AMD graphics card and replacing it with an Nvidia Card - Asus GTX 1060. I have run the Dxdiag routine and the results are attached. I have posted this issue on the Cyberlink Community Forum and another user has posted the same problem the day before my posting. See the attached PDF file of the posting. Please tell me where the various effects downloaded and installed are stored by PowerDirector 16 so I can verify whether they are actually in the folders.

Does anyone else experiencing this problem and is there anyone that has a solution other than making sure you are using the correct aspect ration of the effect? Jack Jones
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Jack -

I guess the details that need investigating are included in that PDF. Unfortunately, it wasn't attached so noone here knows the details.

The issue you seem to be having is not related to the latest patch update (2524). Downloading & installing DZ effects works fine here, running that build.

There's a PiP Object template attached. What happens when you download & double click the .dzp file? Does it install correctly?

If you attach that PDF, you'll probably get more help.

Cheers - Tony
 Filename
LT_Spread(h) Full.dzp
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
861 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
369 time(s)

JackJones24 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi Jack -

I guess the details that need investigating are included in that PDF. Unfortunately, it wasn't attached so noone here knows the details.

The issue you seem to be having is not related to the latest patch update (2524). Downloading & installing DZ effects works fine here, running that build.

There's a PiP Object template attached. What happens when you download & double click the .dzp file? Does it install correctly?

Cheers - Tony

Tony,

Thanks for the info. Good to know that it is not a problem with the most recent patch. I downloaded and install your attached PIP Object template. Just like the other effects that I have downloaded from the Director Zone, it installs with a confirmation message that it has installed but it does not show in the PIP Objects folder in either 16x9 or 4x3 aspect ratio. The PDF file that I attempted to attach is just a picture of the first posting I made of this problem a few days ago. I have attached it again in both PDF and JPG formats although it doesn't seem to be working. There is nothing new in these attachments then what is in the posting that you responded to. Just to let you know that I have been using PowerDirctor since PD7 and am an IT pro since the mid 1970's so you can talk technical to me. It appears that PowerDirector has the various effects installed in subfolders of C:\Program Files\Cyberlink\PowerDirector 16 but the effects that I have recently downloaded on not in any of these folders. Also, I don't see any effects in the various Appdata folders under my username. Do you know where PD 16 installs the downloaded effects as I do have lots of them displaying in the PD User interface except for anything I install right now. Oh, it looks as if the attachement to this message are not going to be included - don't knwo why.
 Filename
Cyberlink Community Forum posting on this issue.pdf
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
63 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
374 time(s)
[Thumb - Cyberlink Community Forum posting on this issue.jpg]
 Filename
Cyberlink Community Forum posting on this issue.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
244 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
11 time(s)
Jack Jones
JackJones24 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi Jack -

Cheers - Tony

Tony,

Thanks for the info. Good to know that it is not a problem with the most recent patch. I downloaded and install your attached PIP Object template. Just like the other effects that I have downloaded from the Director Zone, it installs with a confirmation message that it has installed but it does not show in the PIP Objects folder in either 16x9 or 4x3 aspect ratio. The PDF file that I attempted to attach is just a picture of the first posting I made of this problem a few days ago. I have attached it again in both PDF and JPG formats although it doesn't seem to be working. There is nothing new in these attachments then what is in the posting that you responded to. Just to let you know that I have been using PowerDirctor since PD7 and am an IT pro since the mid 1970's so you can talk technical to me. It appears that PowerDirector has the various effects installed in subfolders of C:\Program Files\Cyberlink\PowerDirector 16 but the effects that I have recently downloaded on not in any of these folders. Also, I don't see any effects in the various Appdata folders under my username. Do you know where PD 16 installs the downloaded effects as I do have lots of them displaying in the PD User interface except for anything I install right now. Oh, it looks as if the attachement to this message are not going to be included - don't knwo why.

Tony,

I jjust found out where the downloaded effects from Director Zone are installed:

C;\Users\Public\Cyberlink\Downloaded Effects. This folder contains the following subfolders:

_tmp_
Emotion Effects
Frame Effects
Object Effects
Particle Effects
Stroke Effects

Most the recent Effects that I have downloaded from Director Zone are in the _tmp_ folder. What is weird is that I don't see the PIP Object that you gave me in any of these folders.

Any other effects that i have downloaded previous to having this problem (prior to Feb 201 are in the appropiate other folders.

I will play around with copying some of these files from the tmp folder to the appropriate download folded to see what happens. Jack Jones
Nencioni [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 05, 2018 20:33 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
If it may help, the same happens with Express Project "Fashion" (all the 3 modules). Same confirmation message, but nothing happens and the "Downloaded EP" folder is empty.

Edited to report a possible reason:

IT'S THE EXTRACTOR!

I checked it with PIP (extension .dzp) and Express Project (extension .dzep). The extractor puts the extracted files into the temporary folder, then it creates a folder with the proper name, transfers all the files from the temporary folder to the folder with the effect name, then it empties the temporary folder AND ERASES THE EFFECT FOLDER. Don't ask me why, I am a retired pharmacologist and not a computer guy.

WORKAROUND:
Use Winzip or Winrar. The downloaded files are simple .zip files with a changed extension. Unzip them to the proper section of the "downloaded effects" area (C:\Users\Public\CyberLink\Downloaded ***) and it works like a charm. Tested with the Fashion EP and with a random PIP effect

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 06. 2018 04:43

JackJones24 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote If it may help, the same happens with Express Project "Fashion" (all the 3 modules). Same confirmation message, but nothing happens and the "Downloaded EP" folder is empty.

Edited to report a possible reason:

IT'S THE EXTRACTOR!

I checked it with PIP (extension .dzp) and Express Project (extension .dzep). The extractor puts the extracted files into the temporary folder, then it creates a folder with the proper name, transfers all the files from the temporary folder to the folder with the effect name, then it empties the temporary folder AND ERASES THE EFFECT FOLDER. Don't ask me why, I am a retired pharmacologist and not a computer guy.

WORKAROUND:
Use Winzip or Winrar. The downloaded files are simple .zip files with a changed extension. Unzip them to the proper section of the "downloaded effects" area (C:\Users\Public\CyberLink\Downloaded ***) and it works like a charm. Tested with the Fashion EP and with a random PIP effect

Thanks for your advise. However, I tried your method and it does not work for me. I am using WINZP Pro and unzipped them to the appropriate folder. I tried it with downloading particles and PIP effects. I noticed that when this was working for me two months ago, that the PD Extractor was creading a folder like "pip001" for each effect. I even tried creating the next sequence number folder and then extracted the effect in therre but PD 16 still doesn't recognize it.

I next downloaded a test version of PD 16 on my wife's laptop and low and behold, this problem does not exist. Unfortunately, that is not the computer I use for video editing.

Do you know what module in PD 16 that is the EXTRACTOR? I am thinking that if I replace that file with a copy from my wife's laptop, maybe that will correct the problem. The technical staff appears unwilling to provide me with that info. They are not helful with this issue and don't want to acknowledge there is a problem. Jack Jones
ynotfish
[Post New]
Hi Jack -

Strange as it sounds, your idea of replacing "Effect Extractor.exe" has been known to work in previous versions.

It's installed at C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\Shared files

Cheers - Tony
Nencioni [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 05, 2018 20:33 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Quote ...
Thanks for your advise. However, I tried your method and it does not work for me. I am using WINZP Pro and unzipped them to the appropriate folder. I tried it with downloading particles and PIP effects. I noticed that when this was working for me two months ago, that the PD Extractor was creading a folder like "pip001" for each effect.....

In my case you may name the effect folder "Vladimir Putin" and PD16 will re-build the database at each start and show it correctly in the EP list. The (correct) effect name is written in some descriptor file in the folder, if I remember my poor notions in informatics there should be an.xlm file somewhere.
Anyway, try the "old version Extractor" trick, it makes sense.
[Post New]
I think Effect Extractor.exe is in use see that it was installed recently here see picture.

For the case in question, it should be considered may be problem with Windows
[Thumb - efect extract.jpg]
 Filename
efect extract.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
133 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
29 time(s)
AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate
JackJones24 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi Jack -

Strange as it sounds, your idea of replacing "Effect Extractor.exe" has been known to work in previous versions.

It's installed at C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\Shared files

Cheers - Tony

Tony,

Thanks for the info! As soon as I replaced the "Effect Extractor.exe" on my computer with the one from my wife's laptop, it worked. ALthough both files had the same file size, I noticed they had differenct orginal file creaion dates. I will notify tecnical support that the problem was resolved thanks to you and this community forum. Unfortunately, the technical staff was not helpful.

Jack Jack Jones
DonnaReagan [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 16, 2017 14:31 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
To the smart people that solved this problem, would you mind dumbing down the solution for the rest of us? I'm doing well to edit my videos; I am NOT a tech person. Where might I get an effect extractor file that works?

Thanks so much for any help you can give.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
This thread is over a year and a half old, and may or may not be relevent to the problems you're seeing now. It's usually better to start a new thread and include as many specifics as you can, starting with which PD version you're running.

It would also help to know what happens when you try to install items downloaded from DirectorZone. Do you get a confirmation message that the effect has been installed, but you don't see it in PD? Do you get a different message saying someing like Windows asking you which app to use to open the downloaded file?

Please help us understand exactly what you're seeing so we can try to help you get back to editing.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°