Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Editing files in 9-16 Aspect Ratio format causes PowerDirector 19 to crash
JackJones24 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 15, 2011 14:56 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
Just recently updated my subscription to Director Suite 365 two weeks ago. For the first time trying to edit 9-16 Aspect Ratio files n PowerDirector 19, I found out that the software would crash Windows 10 automatically restarting my computer. It happens every time. I am using an ASUS Geforce RTX 2080 graphics card with 8 Gigs of memory. It shouild be noted that I did not have any problem editing 9-16 Aspect Ration files in PowerDirector 18. I am curious to whether anyone else is experiencing this problem and how they resolved it. Jack Jones
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
This is almost certainly caused by a problem with how your PC is configured, with a slight chance that something about the specific clips you're working with is the issue.

Please follow the steps in the Read Me Before Posting guide and attach the DxDiag file so we can see the details of your computer.

Also, please upload a short sample clip to OneDrive, Dropbox, Google Drive, etc and paste a publicly shareable link here so we can test it.

[Post New]
[quote] Just recently updated my subscription to Director Suite 365 two weeks ago. For the first time trying to edit 9-16 Aspect Ratio files n PowerDirector 19, I found out that the software would crash Windows 10 automatically restarting my computer.[/quote]

That is a feature to punish the people that film with the cellphones on vertical.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Oct 14. 2020 13:58

JackJones24 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 15, 2011 14:56 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
Quote This is almost certainly caused by a problem with how your PC is configured, with a slight chance that something about the specific clips you're working with is the issue.

Please follow the steps in the Read Me Before Posting guide and attach the DxDiag file so we can see the details of your computer.

Also, please upload a short sample clip to OneDrive, Dropbox, Google Drive, etc and paste a publicly shareable link here so we can test it.

Here is the contents of the DXDiag for my computer:
 Filename
JackJones24 DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
119 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
138 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 15. 2020 03:15

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for the DxDiag, although it's much easier to read when attached as a text file rather than being pasted in its entirety into the text box. You can edit your post and do that or wait for the moderator to take care of it.

I don't see anything obvious in all that data, although many of the failures at the end (WER) don't show any clear signatures. There was an earlier crash related to Intel Rapid Storage Technology and you may want to visit the Gigabyte support page for your motherboard to make sure all your drivers are up to date.

There's a more recent BIOS available that's related to system stability and you may want to install that as well.

So maybe it's time to take a look at one of the clips that's causing the issue. If Sonic67 is right, maybe I'll see the crash on my system too although I've been able to work with other vertical clips. PD has been know to crash when confronted with quirky encoding formats in the past, so it would be good to test out one of your clips on other systems.