Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Latest patch dec 20 not working
dhucul [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 17, 2017 21:05 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Extraction of Data1.7z file was unsucessfull. Looks like there is a corrupt file here.
sumerJ [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Nov 28, 2013 05:37 Messages: 377 Offline
[Post New]
will this issue gone after you restart PC? it seems fine on my laptop.
dhucul [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote will this issue gone after you restart PC? it seems fine on my laptop.

no. and i re downloaded it again. This is not a problem with my computer.
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]

There is no Dec 20 update to Power2Go 11. The last one is from Dec 13.
That is a pretty definitive statement.
I'm not having any problems with my desktop either so... .Where did you get the file ID as "Data1.7z" .
Did you look at the notes for this update and do you fit into one of these categories?
" Note: This patch is not for Power2Go OEM versions, or versions purchased via Steam.
Adds support on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update platforms.
Resolves the issue that certain YouTube videos cannot back up in 2160P (4K) quality.
Minor bug fixes."
Did you have your antivirus and/or registry cleaner active? It sounds like you have a zipped file - do you? Where did you get it?

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Dec 22. 2017 08:34

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
dhucul [Avatar]
[Post New]
This is not complicated. The file downloads automatically from the update menu. 90% throught the installation of the patch it gives a message that it cannot extract file Data1.7z. Windows defender is off. No other antivirus installed. That's it.

I'm not having any problems with my desktop either so... .Where did you get the file ID as "Data1.7z" .
Did you look at the notes for this update and do you fit into one of these categories?
" Note: This patch is not for Power2Go OEM versions, or versions purchased via Steam.
Resolves the issue that certain YouTube videos cannot back up in 2160P (4K) quality.
Minor bug fixes."
Did you have your antivirus and/or registry cleaner active? It sounds like you have a zipped file - do you? Where did you get it?
dhucul [Avatar]
[Post New]
Found the problem. Patch would not complete because I uninstalled WaveEditor at an earlier date. Reinstalled everthing with WaveEditor included and patch worked fine.

Quote This is not complicated. The file downloads automatically from the update menu. 90% throught the installation of the patch it gives a message that it cannot extract file Data1.7z. Windows defender is off. No other antivirus installed. That's it.

Minor bug fixes."
websiteee [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 27, 2017 08:22 Messages: 72 Offline
[Post New]
You can re-download your file and extract it again. Or might be some supporting file are uninstalled from your pc.
JackJones24 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 15, 2011 14:56 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
I had the same problem but needed a different solution. I had WinZIP Pro installed which has designated opening .Z files as a default. When I turned that option off, I was able to successfully install the latest patch update to Power2Go 11 Premium.

Quote Found the problem. Patch would not complete because I uninstalled WaveEditor at an earlier date. Reinstalled everthing with WaveEditor included and patch worked fine.

Quote This is not complicated. The file downloads automatically from the update menu. 90% throught the installation of the patch it gives a message that it cannot extract file Data1.7z. Windows defender is off. No other antivirus installed. That's it.

Minor bug fixes."

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jan 18. 2018 14:12

Jack Jones
Elochai [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Newfoundland Joined: Dec 22, 2016 23:03 Messages: 21 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Found the problem. Patch would not complete because I uninstalled WaveEditor at an earlier date. Reinstalled everthing with WaveEditor included and patch worked fine.

Minor bug fixes."

I got the same issue, the lastest update stops at 90% with an error saying it can't extract the data from Data1.7z.

I have WaveEditor installed and it works. I have turned of my virus scanner. I own the full suite from CyberLink, bought it from the website here. So I think it's a corrupt file.
Elochai [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Newfoundland Joined: Dec 22, 2016 23:03 Messages: 21 Offline
[Post New]
It been 8 days, A support ticket was made (CS001846490). Not a single respone, not one bit of help.

Does CyberLink normally have such bad support ???