Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Downloaded effects not showing up! PLeaseHelp!
gr8pez [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 22, 2013 16:49 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hi everyone. I have the most currently updated Power Director v11.0.0.3230. I am having a big problem because I have been downloading many effects from the official website only to have them not show up in my downloaded folder. Pips, particles, everything. I tried them all. I also tried downloading them multiple different ways. Directly opening them, downloading them first and then opening, moving the files around, I tried everything. I would say about 1 in 20 downloads show up. The other 19 are downloaded and installed, the message shows up and says I can now use them in PowerDirector, but they just don't show up under my downloaded folder. Anyone have any ideas? Please help!

Thanks much for your time!
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
gr8pez,
welcome to the Forum. My first thought is to remind you that a 16:9 widescreen PIP will only show up in the library when you are in 16:9 mode.
The same goes for 4:3.
Also menus you download, every effect has a 16:9 or 4:3 aspect, and can only be found in their respective library modules when in that mode.
Let us know further if this is not helpful, we'll look at something else.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 24. 2013 18:11

HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
gr8pez [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 22, 2013 16:49 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks a lot Barry! That helped with a lot of the lost downloaded effects! You're the best!
mamabirdvideo1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 22, 2018 21:56 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I am using 16:9 aspect ratio and have made sure that the particles I want to download are the same ratio, but they still don't show up in my particle room after I've downloaded and double clicked on them to activate them.. I get the message that they have been successfully installed, but they still don't show up in the particle downloads folder.

Help???

Thank you
JackJones24 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 15, 2011 14:56 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I am using 16:9 aspect ratio and have made sure that the particles I want to download are the same ratio, but they still don't show up in my particle room after I've downloaded and double clicked on them to activate them.. I get the message that they have been successfully installed, but they still don't show up in the particle downloads folder.

Help???

Thank you

Having Same identical problem with particles, menus, transitions after successfully being installed - no longer showing up in their perspective folders. I know ther are the correct aspect. The last time I attempte to do this was on 1/21/18 and it worked. Curious to whether the latest patch - build 2524 of which I installed in early March is causing this problem and needs to be fixed. Jack Jones