Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I have migrated to WinDVD9, no issue registering, no problems with HD DVD / Blu Ray support. Great product and stable.

Cyberlink is a sub par product and it's a shame that after two years now since 7.x Ultra people are still beta testing their products.
I have migrated to WinDVD9, no issue registering, no problems with HD DVD / Blu Ray support. Great product and stable.

Cyberlink is a sub par product and it's a shame that after two years now since 7.x Ultra people are still beta testing their products.
would you miss a big OEM inclusion deal with Sony for HDD playback?

http://www.engadgethd.com/2008/01/06/finally-the-sony-200-blu-ray-drive-of-the-pc/
http://www.nero.com/eng/nero8-latest-features.html

Nero 8 supports burining and playback of HD DVD and Blu-Ray content for the same price.
This is a poll on tricks for better CPU performance with PowerDVD Ultra and your HTPC rig.

I have ATI hardware acceleration disabled and de-interlacing also set to
autoselect. Page files on C:\ and D:\ with a gig of physical memory on Windows XP SP2. I have played with de-interlacing settings based on comments on another post in these forums but have not worked well on my setup.

My HTPC Rig:
Intel D102GGC2 motherboard
Intel Pentium D 930 3.0 Ghz
1 GB Memory Stick
Diamond 7.1 Sound card with SPDIF out
VisionTek x1650 HDMI out ATI drivers 7.12
XBox 360 HD DVD add-on drive
10/100 ethernet
SATA HD
WinXP SP2 x86

At this point I still have glitchy playback and believe it to be processor related so I'll be upgrading the CPU to a Pentium D 945 and give that a whirl.

What has been your experience? Please share.

Thanks,
Corey
From what I've tested the dual monitor display function can't determine the HDCP chain and therefore fails....this was to be fixed but can't determine if it ever has been as I've never been able to get it to work. I run straight HDMI cabeling from HTPC to display and works just fine.

I believe that software cannot determine the HDCP chain so it refuses to display the HD signal if it's in dual mode.....HDCP digital Hi-def will only work if all devices are HDCP compliant from source to destination.
looks like the protection is so good your locked out of your own movie and since you got HD playback removed looks like Cyberlink has you hostage! LOL

Good Luck! I'm sure there will be an update any day now.
What of those that have been early adopters for a year or more now and who have helped Cyberlink makes strides in the stability and usability of Ultra....do we get a refund as well?

In my opinion of all the support cases and communication I've had in reporting bugs, Cyberlink should be paying me to continue using thier product.

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/features.html
Whether your a friend of DRM or hate it....whether you choose HD DVD or Blu Ray....with these descisions made for us on how we choose to watch movies we all loose. I'm happy to pay to play but let me choose from where.

I certainly will no longer support Cyberlink or upgrade to newer versions of the software. Like AACS encryption it's only making it profitable now to the underground software devs that will eventually crack this limitation as well.
You could always try Macro scripting..... a simple google search will reveal several sources with a variety of solutions.

To kick off these macros via remote you can use IR or other type of systems control via dinky link as the equipment sounds like is minus line of sight.

Simplified you can try to run a scheduled task that kills the PowereDVD.exe application at some scheduled interval, but this is now time based and not really automated shutdown.

It would be nice to have a Cyberlink SDK for system integrators to develop customized control solutions.

Good luck, and hope it works out!

Cheers!
Corey

I found the same result with 3319, Matrix Revolutions worked on 3401 R1 but broke with 3319. Player no longer crashes when trying to get an update but still it won't play no matter how many times I select YES to update components.
The updates are coming from the studios....not cyberlink. The HD DVD updates are available via the internet...these updates are not downloadable via the cyberlink player as it causes the system to crash in most cases.

I don't see stand alone players doing the same thing otherwise you would buy them?

Bluray's even worse as none of the manufacturers even have a stand alone player that will update via the internet other than the PS3.

It may have been discussed in previous threads but I'm not convinced it's not the cyberlink software based on the history I've had with getting HD DVD to work this past year.
registered email address will do....no need to send your license Key.

Cyberlink still hasn't addressed why they need a patch everytime a new batch of HD discs come out on the market.
I had an issue that I thought was firmware related as well but the 2911 patch for Ultra cleared up all playback issues I had.

I haven't figured out where to even download the firmware update.

Hope this helps.
I'm pleasantly suprised to report that the 2911 did in fact fix the issues with the DVE disk.

Good times...

highly doubt it, patch was out far before support came back with their answer. If it did fix the issue why didn't they say download the patch etc...? The listed fixes for the most recent patch indicates only new support for x2000 ATI and NVidia card support, no HD DVD or Blu-Ray fixes.

However I will try it and post another reply whether it did or did not fix my issue.
Hey some good news....

In response to your concern, we want to inform you that PowerDVD Ultra software has been found to have some playback issues with some specific HD DVD Titles.

The Digital Video Essentials disc is also one of these specific discs.

We had escalated this issue to our R & D Department and they are expected to release a patch within 2 weeks to resolve this issue.

Therefore, we suggest you to keep visiting our website for any further updates on the availability of this specific patch.
Anyone experience navigation and playback problems with the HD DVD DVE - Digital Video Essentials disk?

Seems there's or was a Xbox 360 dashboard fix released.

1.) How are Cyberlink forums are not public when I can google Cyberlink Forums and get to them without being a paying customer?

Answer you do have to register to use the forums....no public free for all.

2.) I didn't say they should post a wonderfix but Cyberlink has a responsibility to the public to properly message that there are many users experiencing problems with their software concerning HD DVD / BluRay playback. At least admit they're looking into it. No promises have to be made, just aknowledgement.

I agree they should make mention that they have a patch and potential fixes associated with the patch.

3.) Comparing M$ OS and a software DVD player are two different things.

They are both software makers and both have buggy code...they are the same.

I'm hoping the patch will indeed fix certain problems people are having.

Upon logging in though I see no removal, or any hint of the removal, of any link to the forums as you need to be a paying subscriber to even see the forums?

I'm in no way a huge supporter of Cyberlink at the moment but where is your proof that they have intentionally dropped or removed links to the user forums?

Posting something to the public about a wonder fix would indicate that the company has wrong a mass number of people for $99 a license, which is what we are paying for.

People spend thousands of dollars on Microsoft products and you don't see M$ claiming responsibility for wrong doing on their website for countless security flaws and bad code. Anyone install Vista on a machine older than a year?

We all need to remember where the state of this technology is and its place in the world today. We choose to be apart of the bleeding edge, there is some sacrifice that comes with that.
Go to: