Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD Ultra 3319: work but always unusable
Gianluca_Rigotti [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 10, 2007 15:14 Messages: 75 Offline
[Post New]
As the last 3104 version here am I to describe my test with the new unreleased 3319 build. I ask this patch to cyberlink to support the new BD+ discs, for example "the Fantastic Four and Silver Surfer".
Those new disk will be available in Italy next week.

Yesterday I installed the new patch. The first issue is that the "old" bluray discs are not playable at all. PowerDVD tell me that I need an upgrade continuosly.
The hddvd are playable, but the resolution are reduced on my full hd projector. I can get max 1280x720 instead 1920x1080. The image is small and centered on the screen.
The DVD play fine.
Immediatly I revert to 3104, and then now all works.

...yes I know that this is a prerelease... I hope in a new release soon...

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Oct 30. 2007 06:46

Corey [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jan 09, 2007 15:50 Messages: 65 Offline
[Post New]
I found the same result with 3319, Matrix Revolutions worked on 3401 R1 but broke with 3319. Player no longer crashes when trying to get an update but still it won't play no matter how many times I select YES to update components.
Raphael [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 14, 2007 06:47 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
re with 3319 and my Pioneer plasma.
With 3319 i get a large black frame around my movies at 1080p.
It really sucks, that all this silly war between industry and pirates is keeping buyers like us away from seeing movies we paid for properly.
Adam [Avatar]
Member Joined: Nov 29, 2006 10:38 Messages: 66 Offline
[Post New]
I have 3319 and don't experience any of these problems. I was getting the updating problem before I got 3319, but afterwards all my discs still play, including Matrix Revolutions
[Post New]
The 3319 build that give me the problmes is the one send me from the tech service. Now I'm downloading the official patch from the 3104 alert, as Daisuke say in the other section of the forum, here:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/1912.page

I hope this new patch works well...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 10. 2007 15:58

Adam [Avatar]
[Post New]
3104 is an earlier version than 3319, so you may end up still having problems
[Post New]
I know, but this is the official version from start the download of the official patch.
In other italian form I read that using this patch the problems are solved.
Adam [Avatar]
[Post New]
3104 was fine until I tried to play Troy (Blu-ray) then I kept getting the updating message and nothing would work. Then I installed the new 3319 from support and now everything works perfectly fine
[Post New]
The 3319 form support is not working at all for me. No bluray playback and reduced resolution playback for hddvd.
I try from 3104 via the updating message. The download is correctly started, now is at 44%...
ncinsguy [Avatar]
Newbie Location: North Carolina Joined: Oct 11, 2007 00:03 Messages: 26 Offline
[Post New]
tech support replied to my request with a link to the patch. i cannot get to it tells me the page is not available and i'm sure i've put the username and password in correctly. i told them this and they sent me info for a workaround just to download the patch and it doesn't work either. i've tried on 3 different pc's with 2 different operating systems. does anyone have the patch and can email it to me please? i'm not sure how large it is maybe it could be zipped or we can transfer it via an instant messenger program. i'm desperate to get this i'm new to Heroes and i can't skip any disks. my email is ncinsguy@hotmail.com and messenger is the same.
[Post New]
Quote: I try from 3104 via the updating message. The download is correctly started, now is at 44%...
The patch is not working. In my system it can't play any bluray.
I'm frustrating. I pay for the original software, I pay for the original movie, and nothing work.

What can I do for see the F4 movie? I suppose that using a free player and a pirate DIVX still works perfectly...
[Post New]
I try the 3319 on a second PC with an nvidia 8800 and last nvidia drivers. Same result, nothing work.

This build is a total disaster. Please Cyberlink, can you make a working software?
Adam [Avatar]
[Post New]
I've just tried to play Surf's up (Blu-ray) and it won't get past the first screen, just come up black. I'm getting sick of this piece of c**p. I downloaded the japanese trial of TotalMedia from arcsoft and it plays everything without a hitch so far including new ones that Powerdvd still won't play
[Post New]
I try the ArcSoft player right now. Everything work. Just some stutters, but I have an old nvidia 7950 and in japanese I have some problems to activate EVR...
Cyberlink, look at this piece of software...
ncinsguy [Avatar]
Newbie Location: North Carolina Joined: Oct 11, 2007 00:03 Messages: 26 Offline
[Post New]
can someone forward me the file via email or messenger. i've been trying to dl it for 2hrs now and it keeps timing out ncinsguy@hotmail.com
Adam [Avatar]
[Post New]
Must be something wrong with your connection as I see no one else having any problems with it. It's to big to send as an email so you'll have to get in touch with support again and tell them you're still having problems, or wait a day or 2 until the load on the server has gone down
Adam [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: I try the ArcSoft player right now. Everything work. Just some stutters, but I have an old nvidia 7950 and in japanese I have some problems to activate EVR...
Cyberlink, look at this piece of software...
Apparently an English trial version is due out end of the month
[Post New]
Yeah Adam, I read.
I'm a registered user of AnyDVD too...
Adam [Avatar]
[Post New]
Have just been sent the full installer for 3319 (not the update installer), and now I can play Surf's up
[Post New]
I just ask to the support the full installer too. Maybe it work...