Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Invalid CD Key
Gary [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 03, 2008 21:36 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I purchased the Power DVD Ultra, downloaded it as instructed, recieved my confirmatons via e-mail, and recieved my CD Key for activating the product. However, everytime I enter the Key, to try and activate the program, it gives me a message that my CD Key is Invalid. I find it frustrating to purchase a programthat for some unknown reason isn't allowing activation with it's assigned CD Key.
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Gary,

Contact Technical Support
http://www.cyberlink.com/english/cs/support/form/index.jsp

Fill in the form and attach a copy of your confirmation email, they should then give you a new key

This appears to be an ongoing issue with Power DVD

Regards

Robert

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 04. 2008 03:40

Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots
Raphael [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 03, 2008 14:24 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
As I have the same issue (plus another one, but that's another story), I'm interested. I didn't find it very easy to join Cyberlink (or is it Element 5 for these invalid keys questions??)

The link you're providing is sending us back to Element 5 when we choose Lost CD Key. Could you please let me know if this is correct, or should I choose another category?

(Sorry to be dumb...)
Christer [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Sweden Joined: May 04, 2008 15:57 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I also hawe the same problem with invalid CD Key on Power DVD 8 Ultra.
I,m posting mine to support tonight as an error.
Mark [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 04, 2008 17:52 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
I'm also very angry that this activation problem is occuring. This is a fraudulent business practice and I'm about ready to have my credit card company reverse the charges. This is total nonsense for a software company.
REUBEN [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 18, 2006 19:19 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
WHY DON'T THEY STOP THIS ONLINE ACTIVATION AND JUST GET ON WITH THEIR OLD STUFF? IT'S RATHER COLLAPSING THE BUSINESS INDUSTRY AS A WHOLE. IF ANY ONE HAS A NEW PRODUCT KEY THAT WORKS SHOULD PLEASE EMAIL IT TO ME

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at May 04. 2008 21:35

Urs [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 05, 2008 03:26 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
same situation here: bought it two days ago. windows firewall deactivated, nevertheless this online activation does not work. No answers neither from element 5 nor from cyberlink.
It's absolutely annoying - all of us - including me - we should really stop buying software which requires (online) activation!
Corey [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jan 09, 2007 15:50 Messages: 65 Offline
[Post New]
I have migrated to WinDVD9, no issue registering, no problems with HD DVD / Blu Ray support. Great product and stable.

Cyberlink is a sub par product and it's a shame that after two years now since 7.x Ultra people are still beta testing their products.