Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Cannot play Day After Tomorrow ( Blu-Ray )
Gabriel [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 02, 2007 23:52 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I cannot play the movie Day After Tomorrow on Blu-Ray Disc. It just came out. PowerDVD tells me I need an update, and I allow it to update, but then it stops. So I try to play it again and it asks for the update again. Anyone have the patch?
Adam [Avatar]
Member Joined: Nov 29, 2006 10:38 Messages: 66 Offline
[Post New]
You have to contact support, once you send your serial number they'll send you the new update
Corey [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jan 09, 2007 15:50 Messages: 65 Offline
[Post New]
registered email address will do....no need to send your license Key.

Cyberlink still hasn't addressed why they need a patch everytime a new batch of HD discs come out on the market.
Adam [Avatar]
[Post New]
I'd assume it's because this time round there's a new AACS key, and some of this new batch has BD+. I think someone did address the question a while ago, it's the same reason they have to update firmwares on standalone players. Someone works out how to do something new with the java script that no-one thought of which then makes it flaky when player back without some tweaks
Corey [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jan 09, 2007 15:50 Messages: 65 Offline
[Post New]
The updates are coming from the studios....not cyberlink. The HD DVD updates are available via the internet...these updates are not downloadable via the cyberlink player as it causes the system to crash in most cases.

I don't see stand alone players doing the same thing otherwise you would buy them?

Bluray's even worse as none of the manufacturers even have a stand alone player that will update via the internet other than the PS3.

It may have been discussed in previous threads but I'm not convinced it's not the cyberlink software based on the history I've had with getting HD DVD to work this past year.
Adam [Avatar]
[Post New]
There are many people out there who have to update their players when a new wave of discs comes out either due to AACS or due to problems with the player not working with a new Blu-ray feature. When Pirates came out some people had to update players otherwise it would just spit out the disc. There are always people complaining that when a new feature is implemented they have to wait for the new firmware so they can download it onto a cd and take it over to the player so it can update.