Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Poll: CPU performance tweaks and what are you using for HDM Playback
Corey [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jan 09, 2007 15:50 Messages: 65 Offline
[Post New]
This is a poll on tricks for better CPU performance with PowerDVD Ultra and your HTPC rig.

I have ATI hardware acceleration disabled and de-interlacing also set to
autoselect. Page files on C:\ and D:\ with a gig of physical memory on Windows XP SP2. I have played with de-interlacing settings based on comments on another post in these forums but have not worked well on my setup.

My HTPC Rig:
Intel D102GGC2 motherboard
Intel Pentium D 930 3.0 Ghz
1 GB Memory Stick
Diamond 7.1 Sound card with SPDIF out
VisionTek x1650 HDMI out ATI drivers 7.12
XBox 360 HD DVD add-on drive
10/100 ethernet
SATA HD
WinXP SP2 x86

At this point I still have glitchy playback and believe it to be processor related so I'll be upgrading the CPU to a Pentium D 945 and give that a whirl.

What has been your experience? Please share.

Thanks,
Corey

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Dec 28. 2007 16:05

Eric [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 13, 2007 22:59 Messages: 36 Offline
[Post New]
My HTPC:

HTPC v2.0: Intel E6600|2GB RAM|(2)250GB (OS) + (3)500GB WD SE16 SATA (RAID0)|Gigabyte HD 2600 XT w/ Silentpipe II|(1)Hauppauge PVR 500|(1)ATI TV 550 Pro PCIe|LG GGC-H20L Blu-ray/HD DVD Drive|Harmony 890 Pro|Windows Vista Home Premium|BTV 4.7.1 w/DVD Plug-in|BTV Link 4.7.1|AnyDVDHD|Nero 8 Ultra Edition|PowerDVD Ultra 7.x

With this set up I have flawless playback of both Blu-ray and HDDVD discs. Even the latest releases are glitch free. The things that make the difference are RAM, CPU and videocard...the card uses ATI's UVD which hardware accelerates video for 1080p streams. Love it.