Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
dual display mode
DaleW [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 07, 2007 20:48 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
The dual display device option in advanced configuration is greyed out.
What am I doing wrong? Dale
Jack [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 10, 2007 17:31 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I was about to ask the same question.

I bought some wires to watch my movies on my TV screen by connecting my laptop to it, and when viewing PowerDVD all I can see is the arrow and menu at the bottom.

Looking at the help file I need to go to Dual Display Mode and select Full Screen On Secondary Device, but the problem with that is the options are in grey!!!!
Daisuke [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Oct 03, 2006 06:25 Messages: 354 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

How about change your VGA card driver setting.
Use the "Clone" setting of your VGA card driver and try again.
Jack [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 10, 2007 17:31 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I was thinking that it could be that the TV can't play Blu-Ray.

Is that possible?
Kevin [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 17, 2007 16:27 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Yes, I have problem with greyed out buttons too.

"CLONE" option works but not elegant, ie. audience can see your keying and selectiions before playing video.

Still looking for fix.
Corey [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jan 09, 2007 15:50 Messages: 65 Offline
[Post New]
From what I've tested the dual monitor display function can't determine the HDCP chain and therefore fails....this was to be fixed but can't determine if it ever has been as I've never been able to get it to work. I run straight HDMI cabeling from HTPC to display and works just fine.

I believe that software cannot determine the HDCP chain so it refuses to display the HD signal if it's in dual mode.....HDCP digital Hi-def will only work if all devices are HDCP compliant from source to destination.
Daniel [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 06, 2007 05:37 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
In fact it is only the fault of PDVD Ultra, because DVBviewer Pro (PC TV SAT application) can use the 2 screen for displaying 1920x1080i H264 : full screen nativ on the extended screen (first monitor 1920x1600 HDMI HDCP) and windowed or full screen underscaled on the primary screen (2nd monitor 1280x1024 DVI) all this using Cyberlink Codecs comming with PowerDVD Ultra.
All under/over scaling operation made by the ATI HD2600XT (CCC 7.12) in theater mode.
Other PDVD cant select, manualy or automaticly, the good monitor to display HDCP movies.
Testing with the advisor the problem is the same, by default it test only the primary display, it is necessary to run 2 times on the secondary display to verify his capabilities.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 05. 2008 17:55