Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
3 days ago I discovered that I have the same problem ( I have Win7 64bit). When I put MTS file from Sony RX-100 v. I (sound format AC-3 stereo) in PD365, I got error message and I had no sound track, only video. Strange thing is the fact that my old 16. version of PD was able to open it and I could work with this file. The same thing happened with old videos from DVD recorder in MPG-2 format (AC-3 sound). PD 365 was not able to open it, PD16 yes. Shouldn´t be newer version beter than a few years old version?
Boys, I found a strange solution for using of the newest version of PD (but only if you have older version too). Instead of putting video directly on the timeline (SVRT red) I put it in old version of PD (I have version 16). Without any editing I save the project in PD 16. Then I open PD365 and instead of inserting video I insert that project from PD 16. And hurray! I have green SVRT. I discovered it 20 min. ago and using it just now during editing of my new project. Not the best way, but it works. P.S. I only tried it with one video file, but I think if you have more videos, ju can separately save them as project in older version and then import them as projects in the PD365. Good luck!
I have the same problem. To my big suprise I even found out that if I open my older projects (created before last update), PD365 shows SVRT track of the video (I am using only one video file) in green and I can use SVRT rendering (just as I was able before). But when I put the same video into PD now, SVRT track is in red and I can not use SVRT rendering. So this new version is able to do SVRT for projects created before the last update! You can see it in my 2 attachments of the same video. One is my old project (SVRT green), and the second one is the same video put into PD now (SVRT red). Very strange, but now I am using my old PD16 version for SVRT. And about month ago I renewed my one year subscription of PD365cry
P.S. I made the update at the end of the March, so the first attachment is before the update.
Quote I resolved the issue. I took the original DVD files containing the VOB files. By using the C command Prompt in windows, I've merged all VOB files into one file. After merging, I opened PD 19 and imported the merge file into the timeline. I didn't edit the file and just produce the file as is to HD MPEG-2. This has worked. Then I went step by step by first editing the audio, produce the file again and everything was in Synch. Now, I've done the final editing of making color correction, etc. and produced the file and everything is in Synch. This was a long project for one video, but it was worth it as this video has great memories. Thank you again for your help.

Best regards,

Steve

next time try this soft:
https://www.videohelp.com/software/VOB2MPG
http://www.svcd2dvd.com/VOB2MPG/default.aspx
It will merge more VOB files into one mpeg2 file. I have paid version, but free version should work either, perhaps slower.
Milos, Slovakia.
P.S. I have Win 7 64bit, concerning Win 10:
https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/380632-VOB2MPG-PRO-and-windows-10-64-bit?s=f2eed6bf697b8de1de461b3c3f13c96d
https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/390087-VOB2MPG-doesn-t-work-on-Windows-10
or try this:
http://www.dvdvobtompg.com/

It's the bit rate. PD won't let you go any lower because normally that would result in such poor quality as to be unusable. You could try producing to WMV, but you can't alter those preset profiles. This thread has lots more info on a situation almost exactly like yours.

Basically, if you're only trying to trim clips you'd be much better off using Handbrake or VirtualDub to simply cut out the unwanted pasrt and skip the whole producing part.

Although video qaulity will be poor, you can go at lower bitrate by editing profiles in:
C:\Users\name\AppData\Roaming\CyberLink\PowerDirector\17.0\UserConfigure\Profile.ini
After creating your own profile (as described above) you can edit it and set lower bitrate then 1500 (there are 3 parameters there- video bitrate, max and min. video bitrate.) I use this editing for creating my own profile with 854x480 resolution (480p) and mostly for setting audio sample rate to 44,1 kHz, because Youtube transcodes 48 kHz to 44,1 kHz. Standard setting for 48 kHz: <Audio SamplesPerSec>1, for 44,1 kHz: <Audio SamplesPerSec>2 I tried this for MP4 and MPEG2.
Another option: what about trying smart rendering for simple cutting of unwanted parts? But I am not sure if it works for such a low bitrate.
Quote Nope no good, the horizontal scroll wheel doesn't scroll the timeline in PD17, it just does nothing for some reason.

I guess I can just hope that they implement that functionality one day.

Try first to click (left click) anywhere in the video tracks area and then scroll with vertical scroll. It causes (in my PD16) the time line to scroll horizontally (mouse Logitech M310, G700)
Another way: if you need audio from edited video (f.e. you need only part of video), then put your video on time line, do whatever editing you need, then click "produce", on the produce site: Standard 2D, Selelect a file format: Audio file (2 notes), file extension: wav, profile name: PCM (1411kbps). I do this often when I need audio from video for dubbing in Cubase. Then use another soft for converting wav file to mp3 (f.e. free soft Audacity with MP3 Lame codec installed)
Quote PD has a minimum limit for bitrate (768 kbps), if the original video is even smaller, there is no way.
Also if the original is 4x3 (aspect ratio) and will produce (16x9) increases the file.

Thanks for your help.

I think there is a way to set lower bitrate than 768kb, but you have to edit your profile manually (I do it with Notepad++) here:
C:\Users\name of user\AppData\Roaming\CyberLink\PowerDirector\16.0\UserConfigure\Profile.ini
change values for video bitrate, min bitrate, max bitrate, as you want, than save profile. I created some of new profiles that PD16 doesn´t allow, f.e. resolution 854x480 for 16:9 videos, videos with 44,1 kHz sound, etc...
I confirm the same experience. A few times happened this situation: I imported a 720p mp4 file, cut it in 4 pieces (removing adverts) and without any changes went to produce. More times happened that first two or three parts went through SVRT (green line SVRT), but the last one or two were rerendered (SVRT line red). When I tried undoing of theese 4 cuts and doing them again, all four were green and were exported through SVRT without rerendering. I don´t understand why it happens, but it happened to me not only one time.
Or you can drag and drop left and right edge of the title and stretch (shorten) it as you want
A few days ago I upgraded to PD 16 from version 11 and was suprised of dark interface. PD11 is much lighter and I like it more than pd16 dark interface. It´s a pitty that we can not change the colour of skin, like it is f.e. in Steinberg Cubase, I work with. I am 57 and had problems with dark interface too , I am getting used to it but PD 11 was better for me.

Milos,
Hi Tack,
"The best compromise I can think of is to produce MKV with 48KHz PCM, and then outside PD, using another tool, remux the MKV with PD's audio stream downsampled to 44.1KHz using a high quality resampler."

Wouldn´t be a better way producing firstly MKV video, then rendering in PD only audio as waveform 1411 kb (= PCM 44,1 kHz) and then putting them together instead of taking audio from rendered video and then resampling from 48kHz? You will get what you want but with a bit more labour then getting it directly from PD.
response to SoNic67 :
You are right, for a long time I had been uploading videos at recomended 48kHz untill I finally checked it (just like you have done now) and found out that they are at 44,1 khz and I was really angry at it. Therefore I have my sound card set at 44,1 now.
Hi,
I solved the same problem, as I wanted avoid resampling of audio by You tube ( it really resamples - I uploaded video from PD with 48 kHz and when I after publishing downloaded it from You tube, it had 44,1 kHz. I am talking about SD resolution, I do not know, how it is with HD videos) There are many parameters you can set in PD profiles - in Win7 the folder is here:
C:/users/name/appdata/roaming/cyberlink/powerdirector/1x.0/profile.ini
You can edit it in f.e. Notepad+ and you can set parameters not availible directly in PD (f.e. I created mp4 profile 854x480 for wide 16:9 video for You tube, my version PD11 allows only 640x480, which is 4:3 format) I wanted 44,1 kHz, so by metod trying and mistake I found out that when you set value:
<Audio SamplesPerSec>1
it produces 48kHz audio, if you set
<Audio SamplesPerSec>2
you video will have audio with 44,1 kHz.
This is not a theory, I produced videos with both 44,1 and 48 kHz.
I would be very nice to know description of each parameter, perhaps it´s possible to set many other things you can not do directly in PD. So here is f. e. my profile for mp4 You tube video in wide format 16:9 with 44,1 kHz:

<Class>MPEG-4 AVC
<Name>TV7 wide 30fps 44,1k
<Description>
854x480 800kb video 30Hz 192kb audio 44,1kHz
<Output FileName>
<DescID>11924
<NameID>18875
<Group>2
<File Format Class>11
<Video Format Class>8
<Audio Format Class>10
<Stream Flag>3