CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD V19 MTS no audio
Reply to this topic
jedmgrewster123 [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Jan 11, 2021 09:07 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Importing MTS files has never been an issue. With 19, there is no audio. Here's the error message:

An error occurred when opening this media file
It may have unsupported or protected audio, or it could be for another reason.
You may continue editing the video part of the file only.

Very helpful...NOT. It could be for another reason????????

Seriously, ive just paid £79 to upgrade, and now can't import audio. All my files are MTS until the final production. Anyone got any ideas?
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Private Message Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 5529 Offline
[Post New]
Avchd or mts files may have Dolby Digital audio. See this FAQ: https://www.cyberlink.com/support/faq-content.do?id=24372 .
jedmgrewster123 [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Jan 11, 2021 09:07 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Avchd or mts files may have Dolby Digital audio. See this FAQ: https://www.cyberlink.com/support/faq-content.do?id=24372 .

Thanks for the response. Slightly frustrating as I don't really want to upgrade to Windows 10. Do you know if the KLITE codec package might work?
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Private Message Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 5529 Offline
[Post New]
Dolby Digital is a paid licensed codec that is not free. They are unlikely to be included in free codecs. You can try and let us know if it works or not.
[Post New]
I have K-lite installed and it did not work on Win 7 I had to update Win 10 and may lose performance for editing, unfortunately. AMD-FX 8350 / 16GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
Radeon RX 570 / Philips 272V8
Windows 10-64Pro / PD19/365
tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
Windows 7 is good for the older cpu. Windows 10 is better for the modern cpu with it's supported feature updates.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Private Message Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 4682 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Thanks for the response. Slightly frustrating as I don't really want to upgrade to Windows 10. Do you know if the KLITE codec package might work?

It's a PD issue/change, not a codec pack issue. You might consider ffmpeg or the like to simply reencode the audio to now PD19 compliant format. Some cameras also offer the ability to change audio encoding format going forward.

Jeff
Reply to this topic