Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
remove audio track for use elsewhere
David 512 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Queensland, Australia Joined: Oct 31, 2011 08:37 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
Hello friends,
Until now I had PD 8 but I just downloaded PD17.
I want to remove the audio track from my video for the purpose of converting it to an .mp3 file which I intend to type a transcript from. I easily separated the audio and video tracks and deleted the video but how do I remove the audio track from the program so I can then convert it? I can't tell what kind of file it currently is.
Any assisstance would be appreciated.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 27. 2018 06:42

David
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
With the video file in your Library...right-click the video thumbnail and one of the choices is EXTRACT AUDIO.
The audio will be WAV, but you can bring that new file into PD and render it to another audio-only format, WMA, WAV, M4A. You would need another software to create an MP3. Power2Go has a larger conversion menu, MP3, WAV, WMA, FLAC, APE, and M4A.
The jump from PD8 to PD17 is a massive change, you'll have loads of fun.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Oct 27. 2018 07:21

HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
milos1 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Slovakia Joined: Sep 06, 2011 15:49 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
Another way: if you need audio from edited video (f.e. you need only part of video), then put your video on time line, do whatever editing you need, then click "produce", on the produce site: Standard 2D, Selelect a file format: Audio file (2 notes), file extension: wav, profile name: PCM (1411kbps). I do this often when I need audio from video for dubbing in Cubase. Then use another soft for converting wav file to mp3 (f.e. free soft Audacity with MP3 Lame codec installed)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 28. 2018 20:43

BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
PD often has multiple methods to achieve the same end result. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
David 512 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Queensland, Australia Joined: Oct 31, 2011 08:37 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks Barry the Crab and Milos 1. I succeeded using Milos' suggestion. the detail made it easy, especially the 'two notes'. I then used format factory to change the file.
I hope you're right about PD17 being so good since for me PD7 and PD8 suffered serious problems and never got over them. The program crashed very often and didn't save correctly so that next time you opened the project there would always be a blank clip, sometimes 6 of them, usually the video missing but the audio still there. Since the missing clip or video was just an edited piece, it was a challenge and a waste of time to figure out how to reconstruct it from the original.
The partial workaround to avoid crashes was to save after every small action. Automatic saving was nearly useless. It also took hours to create the .pds files. David