Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Making videos using SVRT
boongsong [Avatar]
Contributor Location: Arvin, CA Joined: May 18, 2010 14:48 Messages: 482 Offline
[Post New]
Once again, I'm back. Seems like I spend an inordinate amount of time in these forums. I went to You Tube and couldn't find anything that addressed this specific situation. The video link that appeared when I first used SVRT didn't either.
Came across something I've encountered before in the past but ignored. I'd like to know what it's all about.
I hope I can come across with something understandable.
I have approximately 3 3/4 hrs video of my bro-in-laws funeral in Laos. I used a Canon camcorder that records in AVCHD, highest quality. I broke the clips down into approximately 1 hr segments.
I then loaded them into PD 16, one at a time, did my editing, went to Produce, clicked on SVRT which took approximately 10 minutes to complete (I assume that is normal time) then went to Create disc, selected disc and file.
The 1st three burned without a problem.
The fourth one, when I clicked on SVRT, normal 10 minutes or so, then the next window opened with everyting in Red. I clicked on Details and it went back to the Edit page timeline with a red line across the top of the videos with a box saying video rendering required. I clikced on Refresh and it started the SVRT again and at the end, same result - everything listed in Red.
I then closed the project and re-loaded all clips, did the editing and when I went to Produce, I ignored the SVRT and went with what was highlighted H264 AVC and when that finished, created my disc and file.
My question is: if the first three projects were completed using SVRT without any problems, why wouldn't the fourth do the same?
I am including three snips of what I got.
Puzzled but would like to know why.
Thanks
[Thumb - svrt 3.PNG]
 Filename
svrt 3.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
34 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
6 time(s)
[Thumb - svrt 2.PNG]
 Filename
svrt 2.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
76 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
6 time(s)
[Thumb - svrt.PNG]
 Filename
svrt.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
317 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
7 time(s)
Jack
PD 14.0.2302.0 HP h8-1280t, Intel Core i7-3820, CPU 3.60Hzm 64-bit, 10GB mem, 1 TB hard drive
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi boongsong -

I may have got confused reading your lengthy explanation, but are you trying to (a) produce video files, (b) burn discs, or (c) both???

SVRT is used to select appropriate profiles. Under the produce tab, if you click "Intelligent SVRT" profiles for production will be suggested. If you select one and apply it, you can create a custom profile.

If you're burning discs, it's likely the videos will need to be re-rendered anyway so they comply with disc standards.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
boongsong [Avatar]
Contributor Location: Arvin, CA Joined: May 18, 2010 14:48 Messages: 482 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi boongsong -

I may have got confused reading your lengthy explanation, but are you trying to (a) produce video files, (b) burn discs, or (c) both???

SVRT is used to select appropriate profiles. Under the produce tab, if you click "Intelligent SVRT" profiles for production will be suggested. If you select one and apply it, you can create a custom profile.

If you're burning discs, it's likely the videos will need to be re-rendered anyway so they comply with disc standards.

Cheers - Tony

Hi Tony. Nice to see you are still here.
Yep. That's exactly what I'm trying to do. Burn my videos to disc. After my editing, I go to Produce and click on SVRT. It takes about 10 minutes for that to finish. Then I go to Create Disc, select No Menus, Burn Disc, and create a file. Then start burn.
I did that for the first three and no problems. The fourth video always gave me a list of "Custom Profiles" all in red. If I click on Details it sends me back to the Edit page.
Just curious why only the fourth video did that.
If you need other info, let me know.
In the future I don't think I'll bother with SVRT because when I go to Produce, H.264 AVC is always highlighted and that's what came up on the first three after the SVRT exercise. Also, SVRT takes a long time.
Thanks for your response. Jack
PD 14.0.2302.0 HP h8-1280t, Intel Core i7-3820, CPU 3.60Hzm 64-bit, 10GB mem, 1 TB hard drive
milos1 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Slovakia Joined: Sep 06, 2011 15:49 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
I confirm the same experience. A few times happened this situation: I imported a 720p mp4 file, cut it in 4 pieces (removing adverts) and without any changes went to produce. More times happened that first two or three parts went through SVRT (green line SVRT), but the last one or two were rerendered (SVRT line red). When I tried undoing of theese 4 cuts and doing them again, all four were green and were exported through SVRT without rerendering. I don´t understand why it happens, but it happened to me not only one time.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 18. 2018 17:43