Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hi there. I discovered that transitions make your video shorter. If you have a 3 minute video and you insert a transition in the middle, the video becomes shorter by 2 seconds. This is fine unless you have locked the audio and then your audio goes out of sync in the final production.

I did a music video and I put in a 10 second clip of a "2nd camera" in the middle (just video, no audio.) I put in two transitions and the audio went out of sync. The way I fixed it was to add some time to the front of the middle clip and also to the front of the next clip. I reduced the same amount of time at the end of those two clips. I don't know if I am explaining this right (it's a bit complex for my brain) but you can see the final 3 minute YouTube music video at http://youtu.be/lZLtmCWTbwY (you may have to post this in your browser.) If anyone has comments on this topic, feel free to reply!

Rob
Hello Carl 312 and YnotFish:

Before I got your message Carl312, I downloaded two screen capture programs. These programs are fine for doing a tutorial for something like how to install Word or whatever. The video image was a bit jumpy though. Then I installed the YouTube Downloader program like you suggested and I produced a smooth .mov file and a .avi file. It does more too. I have to play with it a but more but it seems great. Thank you very much. Your advice is appreciated!!

Rob
Hi there. I am producing a project and I would like to include some computer video clips from YouTube. I used my video camera to record some clips directly from my computer screen but that seems a bit too archaic and awkward. Plus the quality is not the greatest. I suppose I could hook up my computer to my TV and then record the clip from that to my project. It would be great if I could just press "capture" on Power Director 9 and make a video clip directly from my computer screen. Is this possible? Thank you.

Thank you! I re-installed the file and voila, all the titles appeared! Life is good. Thanks again! Rob :
Hello Mr. Cranston. Thank you for your reply and I appreciate your your screen shot of your Title page. I had to reload my Power Director 9 on my computer and what is missing are many of the Title icons you have. Now that I think of it I used to have those including those dialogue boxes. How do I get those back?? I did download one "ending credit roll" so I did complete my project. But I would like to get all those other ones again. Thanks for your help on this. Rob
Hi. I was looking for a simple credit roll near the end of a video project. Power Director 9 has a generic one with a birthday present to the left of the credit roll. I placed a picture over that present but it the present keeps showing up at the beginning (fades in.) How do I get rid of the present or is there another one I can download? Thanks! Rob
A BIG THANK YOU GOES OUT TO JERRYS, YNOTFISH, CARL312, BARRY THE CRAB AND OTHERS WHO HELPED ME WITH MY SMART SOUND PROBLEM. I DID CONTACT SMART SOUND DIRECTLY AND THEY SENT ME A LINK TO FULL SPECTRUM 22K. EVERYTHING WORKS AS BEFORE AND I WILL NOW DO A DANCE TO "ISLAND PARTY!" THANKS AGAIN. Rob
Greetings all:

I have Smart Sound version 5180 and my version of Power Director is 9.0.0.3305. That's all good. I've gone to the Smart Sound website and tried updating everything. On the Power Director program, I've clicked on rebuilding the Smart Sound data base. It always comes up with those same songs which are Clear Vision, Feature Presentation, Future Progress, Global Vibes, Introspective, Julie's Place, Pavane, Run Down, Super Logo and Wild Chase. Those songs are all in the same folder known as "All - 60 Styles(s)". There still is no Island Party, Travelling and other songs I used to get and enjoy. It's frustrating. Should I completely delete Smart Sound and start over?? I wouldn't know where to start with that! Thanks again for your help everyone.

Rob
Hi Tony. Thank you for your reply. I've attached a pdf document with snapshots I took of my Power Director 9 screens. I still only get a few of the Smart Sound files for some reason. I used to get Island Party and others. Maybe I have to re-install something or go on the SmartSound website to get those other songs??? Whatever you can do to help me would be appreciated. Thank you!

Rob

Attached: A pdf of my computer screen...
Hi there. I just reloaded Power Director 9 after my old computer crashed. I am wondering what happened to many of the Smart Sound files I had such as Island Party, Travelling and others? One more question, many of those files I used to have were in BOLD print. Those are the free ones, right? The non-bold ones I believe are the ones you have to pay for, Is that correct? I miss those old BOLD ones though. Where did they go and how can I get them back?? Thanks! Rob
Thanks. I have it now! And thanks for the demonstration. I like that little bow at the end!! Rob
Hello Berto2002 (Rob):

Thank you for your reply. I did go through what you said and I did make two chapter points successfully. I understand the template process, etc. But what I am really after is making a production that people can view on YouTube. I don't want to make a DVD. The intro would be the menu and people at that time could click on "English version" or "Chinese version." Of course, if someone didn't click on anything the video would run it's normal course.

I have see this process done on YouTube. The on-air person says, "click here to see my last week's video or click there to see what my future video will be." I don't think I want to do that. Not now anyway. I would like a simple background with the 2 icons that say English and Chinese. By the way, I sidestepped the "Play" button by simply hiding it so people could only choose "English" or "Chinese." The next segment was the two scenes where they could choose. I used the preview button to view the production and it looked good. In the end, it seemed I could only burn it to a disc when I simply want to make an MPEG video or an AVI, something like that and then upload it to YouTube.

Thanks again,

Rob
Hello. I have a question on setting chapter points or what I think is setting chapter points. What I want to do is display an opening page where you can click on words or an icon that says, "English version, click here." The scene would go forward to a 3 minute clip of me (the english person) talking and demonstrating a product. On the same opening page, there would be other words or an icon that says, "Chinese version, click here." Once again, the scene would go even more forward to a chinese person talking and demonstrating the product. I may not be explaining this right but can anyone help me. I have already set chapter 2 which is the first scene. How do I set up that icon so when you click on it, the scene moves forward. Thank you for your help! Rob
I have a 3 minute video which I want to upload to YouTube and Facebook but what format should I render my video? I'm not sure what .AVI, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, .MOV, .MMV, etc. mean anyway. What are those formats for?? I am relatively new to Power Director and I can't wait to upload a video. Thank you for your answers! Rob :
[b] Hi everyone. Just want to say hi. I am new to this forum business. I think it's great to talk to someone if we have a problem doing anything with videos. I have no issues right now. Please respond if you get read this message though. If we get to know each other, we can help each other in the future. Take care! Rob
Go to: