Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Computer screen clips
[Post New]
Hi there. I am producing a project and I would like to include some computer video clips from YouTube. I used my video camera to record some clips directly from my computer screen but that seems a bit too archaic and awkward. Plus the quality is not the greatest. I suppose I could hook up my computer to my TV and then record the clip from that to my project. It would be great if I could just press "capture" on Power Director 9 and make a video clip directly from my computer screen. Is this possible? Thank you.

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Rob -

There is plenty of freeware & add-ons that allow you to download videos directly to your PC... not just watch them.

Using Mozilla Firefox, I use an add-on called "Download Helper". That allows me to grab the video at the highest resolution possible (or lower if I want).

Is that what you want to do?

As far as I'm aware there's no facility in PD for "capturing" from YouTube or other social media sites.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi there. I am producing a project and I would like to include some computer video clips from YouTube. I used my video camera to record some clips directly from my computer screen but that seems a bit too archaic and awkward. Plus the quality is not the greatest. I suppose I could hook up my computer to my TV and then record the clip from that to my project. It would be great if I could just press "capture" on Power Director 9 and make a video clip directly from my computer screen. Is this possible? Thank you.

There is also a software that will allow you to save the Youtube video as a Video file on your computer.

You could then use that video in your Powerdirector project like any video.

Search for "YoutubedownloaderHD" without the quotes. It is a free program.

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

[Post New]
Hello Carl 312 and YnotFish:

Before I got your message Carl312, I downloaded two screen capture programs. These programs are fine for doing a tutorial for something like how to install Word or whatever. The video image was a bit jumpy though. Then I installed the YouTube Downloader program like you suggested and I produced a smooth .mov file and a .avi file. It does more too. I have to play with it a but more but it seems great. Thank you very much. Your advice is appreciated!!

Rob