Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Smart Sound quetions
[Post New]
Hi there. I just reloaded Power Director 9 after my old computer crashed. I am wondering what happened to many of the Smart Sound files I had such as Island Party, Travelling and others? One more question, many of those files I used to have were in BOLD print. Those are the free ones, right? The non-bold ones I believe are the ones you have to pay for, Is that correct? I miss those old BOLD ones though. Where did they go and how can I get them back?? Thanks! Rob
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Rob -

When you say "reloaded", do you mean re-installed or started up? If you did a complete re-install of PD, PhotoNow, Wave Editor & SmartSound your music files should be available.

On your PC, the SmartSound data (libraries, muisc etc) is stored in C:\ProgramData\SmartSound Software Inc - in sub-folders. Are the libraries (.sdx) & music files (.sds) present?

Yes - Bold = available (free or purchased) Unbold = available for purchase.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
[Post New]
Hi Tony. Thank you for your reply. I've attached a pdf document with snapshots I took of my Power Director 9 screens. I still only get a few of the Smart Sound files for some reason. I used to get Island Party and others. Maybe I have to re-install something or go on the SmartSound website to get those other songs??? Whatever you can do to help me would be appreciated. Thank you!

Rob

Attached: A pdf of my computer screen...
 Filename
SmartSound problem.pdf
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
247 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
303 time(s)
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Did you ever buy any Smartsound music?
Do you own Sonic Fire Pro? HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
robboyle18,

What is the Smart Sound version number on the About tab?

If you do not have version 5180, you have an old smart sound engine.

http://www.smartsound.com/support/updates.html?product=cyberlink

Also what is the version number of your current Powerdirector 9?

Mine is 9.0.0.3305. You find that by clicking on the words POWERDIRECTOR in the Upper Right of the PD screen.
If your version is older you need to upgrade to 3305. There were a lot of fixes in 3305 that fixed smart sound problems.

But the fixes only worked if you have the 5180 version of Smart Sound.
Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Rob -

Answers to the questions Barry & Carl have asked are important to resolving your issue.

In the SmartSound module, click SmartSound & (under the About tab) the "Rebuild SmartSound Libraries" - now under the Libraries tab, check if there's a file called "Full Spectrum 22K" (that's the library that contains Island Party & other tracks).

Also could you post screenshots of what's inside these subfolders...

C:\ProgramData\SmartSound Software Inc\Libraries
and
C:\ProgramData\SmartSound Software Inc\MusicFiles

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
[Post New]
Greetings all:

I have Smart Sound version 5180 and my version of Power Director is 9.0.0.3305. That's all good. I've gone to the Smart Sound website and tried updating everything. On the Power Director program, I've clicked on rebuilding the Smart Sound data base. It always comes up with those same songs which are Clear Vision, Feature Presentation, Future Progress, Global Vibes, Introspective, Julie's Place, Pavane, Run Down, Super Logo and Wild Chase. Those songs are all in the same folder known as "All - 60 Styles(s)". There still is no Island Party, Travelling and other songs I used to get and enjoy. It's frustrating. Should I completely delete Smart Sound and start over?? I wouldn't know where to start with that! Thanks again for your help everyone.

Rob
 Filename
Smartsound problem 2.pdf
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
195 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
308 time(s)
jerrys
Senior Contributor Location: New Britain, CT, USA (between New York and Boston) Joined: Feb 10, 2010 21:36 Messages: 1038 Offline
[Post New]
Try contacting the SmartSound people directly.

While horsing around trying to solve a different problem, I somehow "lost" the database. They quickly helped me get it back. Jerry Schwartz
[Post New]
A BIG THANK YOU GOES OUT TO JERRYS, YNOTFISH, CARL312, BARRY THE CRAB AND OTHERS WHO HELPED ME WITH MY SMART SOUND PROBLEM. I DID CONTACT SMART SOUND DIRECTLY AND THEY SENT ME A LINK TO FULL SPECTRUM 22K. EVERYTHING WORKS AS BEFORE AND I WILL NOW DO A DANCE TO "ISLAND PARTY!" THANKS AGAIN. Rob

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 13. 2011 17:39