Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I was prepared to purchase the perpetual version of PD2024, but...
Richmond Dan
Senior Contributor Location: Richmond, VA Joined: Aug 07, 2014 17:17 Messages: 673 Offline
[Post New]
...all I really wanted were two features not found in PD21: the voice-to-text and the AI object selection for videos (as opposed to still images). After reading on this forum what unfortunate changes were made to the UI, I'm just going to stay with PD21-perpetual until these changes have been rectified. I'm grateful I have the perpetual PD21 and didn't automatically get updated by PD365.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 25. 2023 12:04

Regards,
Dan
Power Director 21-Ultimate
v 21.0.3111.0
XPS-8940, Win-10 64-bit,
Intel Core i9-10900 processor
(10 core, 20M Cache),
32GB DDR4 RAM, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVME SSD, 2TB 7200 RPM SATA HDD,
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER 8GB GDDR6
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote ...all I really wanted were two features not found in PD21: the voice-to-text and the AI object selection for videos (as opposed to still images). After reading on this forum what unfortunate changes were made to the UI, I'm just going to stay with PD21-perpetual until these changes have been rectified. I'm grateful I have the perpetual PD21 and didn't automatically get updated by PD365.

Unfortunately, the AI object selection for videos(as opposed to still images) doesn’t exist. These tools exist in the PD365 version. See this previous post: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/119342.page . I used the Create a custom selection mask which is in both PD21/365. This mask works with both video and images. The PD365 Auto object selection tool in the brush mask does not work with videos, only with images.

I have since revisited the PD2024 webpage and noticed no change in the AI Object Detection advertisement from before. Use the Silhouette body effect on the video, took a screenshot, Used the Mask Auto object selection tool and got all three individuals highlighted. Had to use the included tools to remove the others and touch up on the body effects. Now Kellie appears more like in the splash screen as indicated by Jeff. Removed the body effects from the video portion afterwards and continued. All I can say is use whatever tools available to you to do the job on the splash screen.

I would like to see the AI object selection for videos in the PD Windows version too. There are enough tools to get the job done. AI tools still seem to need touchup in this instance.

In the other forums, there are users that are very happy with the new PD365 with the changes and don’t have the crashes mentioned here. As always, there are pc’s that may have no serious issues.

There may be a voice to text tool in your version of Windows.