Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Going by the all the bug etc reports and that it's just not so long since been released,
I would agree they have brought this version out far too early.

It's like they are treating us as beta testers when the customer expected a working product.
No problem mate. Hopefully CyberLink will release updates soon that will fix
most of the bugs etc with this version that has been reported here.
For existing customers thinking of buying the upgrade and wondering if its like the previous
upgrade versions that need all previous versions you've bought installed.

Well I decided to purchase the PowerDVD 12 Ultra upgrade version and I can confirm
(no thinks to CyberLink team), that it is indeed the full installer version you get
that doesn't need any previous versions installed.
I guess the CyberLink team don't care if I upgrade to PowerDVD 12 Ultra or not and don't
want my money since they seem not bothered at all about responding to my inquiry.
Michael could you please confirm for me whether the upgrade to PowerDVD 12 Ultra doesn't need
any previous versions installed and it's the full installer version or works like the full
installer like you get if you buy the full version?

Thanks.
Hopefully the CyberLink team can confirm that we get the full version not the upgrade version
like the previous versions that need all previous versions you've bought installed, PowerDVD 10
full version then 11 upgrade version and then etc.
Hello.

I currently have the full version of PowerDVD 10 Ultra, then I bought the upgrade to version 11.

I am wondering if buying the upgrade version of the new PowerDVD 12 Ultra still an upgrade version that needs PowerDVD 11 installed or have you actually decided to give us the full installer version this time like any other
company would do?

The reason why I am asking is because I am reluctant to buy upgrade again because many people including myself
has had nothing but problems with the upgrade versions and so I would rather it be a full version this time that doesn't need any previous version installed.

If the upgrade version of PowerDVD 12 Ultra is still like any other upgrade version that needs a previous version installed etc, is there any possible way I could buy the full version for an existing customer upgrade price or deal?

If CyberLink would like to contact me with information, you can use my board email, the same email I used when purchasing my PowerDVD.

Thanks for responding.
The upgrade version of PowerDVD is definitely no good with the problems with having to uninstall then reinstall
the product because of a update not working / not installing correctly and each time your activation gets lost
and so you have to reactivate the product again online on reinstalling the product.

According to Cyberlink, you can only activate PowerDVD with your cd key no more than 4 times online before you key
becomes no good to activate the product anymore, I should know, because I used up my activations because of the
2024 Ultra patch not working properly and in the end, I had to ask Cyberlink for a new cd key as my original one
was getting rejected when trying to activate online.
Quote: Tried that already.same problem persists.

manjunath, Please try and uninstall your PowerDVD 11 ULTRA and reinstall again on its own without any older updates installed, then try the latest update.

The latest update fix would not install for me either and in the end, I had to completely uninstall the product and reinstall my PowerDVD 10 ULTRA, then reinstall the 10 ULTRA to 11 ULTRA upgrade again without previous updates installed before it would even work.

PowerDVD 11 Ultra own built in updater says nothing for me, no available updates.
That's the reason why I decided to buy the upgrade version this time because of PowerDVD 11 being a bit more expensive compared to full PowerDVD 10 Ultra price when it came out.

If I had known I was going to have nothing but problems with upgrade version, then I would have ether maybe purchased the full version even though a bit expensive or just not even bothered to upgrade to PowerDVD 11.
There so called protection of this product against software Pirates is not working.

If you search, you can already find the latest version 2024.53 full installer fully activated on the internet.

It would be great if they would agree to letting us that have bought the upgrade version, to
save all these problems, give us a Full Installer version considering we originally already
bought the upgrade version.
I am having the same problem.

I bought the Upgrade to PowerDVD 11 Ultra from 10 Ultra a while ago, file name CyberLink_PowerDVD11_UpgradeUltra_v1620_r66404_DVD110218-06.

I have it installed with update pach 11.0.1719.51 but this new patch 2024.53 won`t install and says the required version is not present.

This is one of the reasons why I made the thread I made below, because there is nothing but problems with the crappy Upgrade Version of PowerDVD.

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/18340.page
Edit

Sorry posted in the wrong thread.
I am way too late for that as I purchased the upgrade version on 28 April 2011.
so there is no way I could upgrade to the full version at a discount price as I already bought the 11 upgrade?

The other problem I did not like about the upgrade version of 11 is I had version 10 installed with the latest
updates and when trying to upgrade my 10 version to 11, the upgrade would not install.

In the end I had to completely uninstall version 10 with updates and install it again on its own
without updates before the upgrade would even install.
Hello guys,

I upgraded my previous PowerDVD 10 Ultra full version by purchasing the PowerDVD 11 Ultra upgrade version and i'm now wishing I went for the full version instead because I dislike the fact you have to install version 10 in first then use
the PowerDVD 11 Ultra upgrade and then use the site update patches to update to the latest version.

I was wondering if there is anyway I can upgrade from PowerDVD 11 Ultra upgrade version to the full version again?

Thanks for responding.

Jamie Clark
Go to: