Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
2024 Patch won't update my ultra
Phillip [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 08, 2010 18:51 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
I reviewed the definition of insanity. It was a link to to this forum. So I decided to wise up. If they really wanted you to upgrade from another version it would not be this hard. So here are my new rules: Upgrade bad, Full new installs, all that is left. Of course you could always take you money somewhere else, but if we were that smart we should have gotten the hint long ago.
ike0576 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 02, 2011 21:41 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
Philip hit the nail on the head. Take our money elsewhere, if they cannot fix the problem. I'll give them a little time, it was the weekend after all. These companies always beta test their updates on the general public. They cannot know what's wrong though if nobody complains.
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

the issue has been fixed already since last Saturday - please download the patch file again (do not use the old one)!

If your issue still persists with the re-downloaded file - please contact the support

Thanks
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
ike0576 [Avatar]
[Post New]
After reconfiguring my computer the installation worked correctly. Thanks for the support.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Sep 06. 2011 16:53

wowexec [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 16, 2009 19:44 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I use Windows 7 64 bit with Powerdvd 11 deluxe v 1719.
The problem is that i can't update Powerdvd to v. 2024: installer tells me that there is no valid products installed and abort itself.
ike0576 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Unfortunately you have to unistall all your Cyberlink programs and then reinstall from the beginning to get rid of the message. You may even have to clean the registry after unistalling to eliminate all references to Cyberlink and PowerDVD.
Phillip [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 08, 2010 18:51 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
I now see what is going on. To escape the "Peggy" effect you have to stop trying to update and pay for a new install from a cyberlink free computer each time you want a new version. It is the only way to keep your sanity.
Jamie Clark [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 20, 2011 18:38 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
The upgrade version of PowerDVD is definitely no good with the problems with having to uninstall then reinstall
the product because of a update not working / not installing correctly and each time your activation gets lost
and so you have to reactivate the product again online on reinstalling the product.

According to Cyberlink, you can only activate PowerDVD with your cd key no more than 4 times online before you key
becomes no good to activate the product anymore, I should know, because I used up my activations because of the
2024 Ultra patch not working properly and in the end, I had to ask Cyberlink for a new cd key as my original one
was getting rejected when trying to activate online.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Sep 25. 2011 11:14

CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I use Windows 7 64 bit with Powerdvd 11 deluxe v 1719.
The problem is that i can't update Powerdvd to v. 2024: installer tells me that there is no valid products installed and abort itself.

Hi please make sure you have downloaded the latest v2014 patch for deluxe

Br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
wowexec [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 16, 2009 19:44 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote: I use Windows 7 64 bit with Powerdvd 11 deluxe v 1719.

Hi please make sure you have downloaded the latest v2014 patch for deluxe

Br
Michael

Hi,
the latest patch v. 2114 is only for v. 2024 not earlier versions. I've v. 1719 and i should patch to v. 2024 first but i get an error. I can't also send a ticket to support because the web site tells me another error when i submit the ticket (Ie and Firefox).