Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Confirmed. You get full installer version when purchase PowerDVD 12 Ultra upgrade.
Jamie Clark [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 20, 2011 18:38 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
Hello.

I currently have the full version of PowerDVD 10 Ultra, then I bought the upgrade to version 11.

I am wondering if buying the upgrade version of the new PowerDVD 12 Ultra still an upgrade version that needs PowerDVD 11 installed or have you actually decided to give us the full installer version this time like any other
company would do?

The reason why I am asking is because I am reluctant to buy upgrade again because many people including myself
has had nothing but problems with the upgrade versions and so I would rather it be a full version this time that doesn't need any previous version installed.

If the upgrade version of PowerDVD 12 Ultra is still like any other upgrade version that needs a previous version installed etc, is there any possible way I could buy the full version for an existing customer upgrade price or deal?

If CyberLink would like to contact me with information, you can use my board email, the same email I used when purchasing my PowerDVD.

Thanks for responding.

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Feb 04. 2012 08:03

vbdino [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 24, 2011 08:54 Messages: 18 Offline
[Post New]
I was able to install PowerDVD 12 Ultra with the file obtained from the upgrade purchase, without having a previous version installed.
Jamie Clark [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hopefully the CyberLink team can confirm that we get the full version not the upgrade version
like the previous versions that need all previous versions you've bought installed, PowerDVD 10
full version then 11 upgrade version and then etc.
Jeff R 1 [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Jan 09, 2010 14:05 Messages: 176 Offline
[Post New]
Or even better, just to simply be able to enter a purchased product key to unlock the trial. ArcSoft is now doing this and Win DVD has always been that way as far as I know.
I am going to check out DVD12 this weekend and see how it goes regardless.
Jamie Clark [Avatar]
[Post New]
Michael could you please confirm for me whether the upgrade to PowerDVD 12 Ultra doesn't need
any previous versions installed and it's the full installer version or works like the full
installer like you get if you buy the full version?

Thanks.
Jamie Clark [Avatar]
[Post New]
I guess the CyberLink team don't care if I upgrade to PowerDVD 12 Ultra or not and don't
want my money since they seem not bothered at all about responding to my inquiry.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 02. 2012 20:08

Jamie Clark [Avatar]
[Post New]
For existing customers thinking of buying the upgrade and wondering if its like the previous
upgrade versions that need all previous versions you've bought installed.

Well I decided to purchase the PowerDVD 12 Ultra upgrade version and I can confirm
(no thinks to CyberLink team), that it is indeed the full installer version you get
that doesn't need any previous versions installed.
Stock [Avatar]
Member Location: UK Joined: Jul 08, 2006 11:43 Messages: 79 Offline
[Post New]
Yep just purchased upgrade, and yeh full installer version.

Thanks Jamie for info wasn't going to upgrade.
Jamie Clark [Avatar]
[Post New]
No problem mate. Hopefully CyberLink will release updates soon that will fix
most of the bugs etc with this version that has been reported here.
StormTiberius [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 29, 2012 05:57 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I would have to disagree i got the upgrade version and i cannot install it without the original software installed first maybe it is different in Europe?
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Did the upgrade installer simply ask for your earlier version's cd key? I think that is what I got. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
StormTiberius [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 29, 2012 05:57 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Are you referring to the CD version maybe that is the difference?
tbessie2 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 04, 2011 01:52 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
I would like to mention that as of this point, when you download the PowerDVD 12 Upgrade, it requires you have a prior version (9, 10, 11 I believe) installed.

I bought PowerDVD 10 Ultra full installer version, and had it installed, but wanted to see if it had to be installed to install the PowerDVD 12 upgrade. So I uninstalled it, and also ran the PowerDVD 10 cleaner app, and then ran the PowerDVD 12 upgrade.

It said I needed to have "One of the following versions of PowerDVD" installed (but then didn't list any versions - someone needs to work on their quality control at Cyberlink, I believe).

So - BE WARNED: YOU NEED TO HAVE *SOME* VERSION OF POWERDVD INSTALLED BEFORE YOU INSTALL THIS UPGRADE. MOST LIKELY ONE OF POWERDVD 9, 10 OR 11, ALTHOUGH THE INSTALLER FAILS TO SAY WHICH ONE DUE TO A BUG IN THEIR CODE.

I have requested a refund from Cyberlink. I'll be purchasing the full version of PowerDVD 12 once I do. But Cyberlink really should make this VERY EXPLICITLY CLEAR all over the upgrade advertisement and when purchasing the upgrade. If they have and I missed it, then oops.

- Tim
Darque [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 25, 2011 03:33 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Ive purchased all upgrade versions from my full version 8. just reinstalled my system and found the same issue, cant put ver 12 upgrade straight on. it looks for a previous version

Now ive got to dig out my version 8 full and start the upgrade process from there.... Sony KDL-55HX925
Sony STR-DA5400ES