Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Is there anyway I can upgrade from PowerDVD 11 Ultra upgrade version to full version?
Jamie Clark [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 20, 2011 18:38 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
Hello guys,

I upgraded my previous PowerDVD 10 Ultra full version by purchasing the PowerDVD 11 Ultra upgrade version and i'm now wishing I went for the full version instead because I dislike the fact you have to install version 10 in first then use
the PowerDVD 11 Ultra upgrade and then use the site update patches to update to the latest version.

I was wondering if there is anyway I can upgrade from PowerDVD 11 Ultra upgrade version to the full version again?

Thanks for responding.

Jamie Clark

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 03. 2011 11:31

CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

no it is not possible - a full version is different from the upgrade (especially because of 3rd party related topics).

br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
[Post New]
I do agree with Jamie , there should be some alternative for ease of user. Cyberlink should create some alternative using which user don't have to install the previous versions after there upgrade.

"Previous version -> Upgrade to latest version" is ok for 1st time, as it might be possible that Cyberlink needs to check the legitimacy of a user.

But once the upgrade done for the 1st time, user should get single link instead of all old softwares first and then install the latest one....
Jamie Clark [Avatar]
[Post New]
so there is no way I could upgrade to the full version at a discount price as I already bought the 11 upgrade?

The other problem I did not like about the upgrade version of 11 is I had version 10 installed with the latest
updates and when trying to upgrade my 10 version to 11, the upgrade would not install.

In the end I had to completely uninstall version 10 with updates and install it again on its own
without updates before the upgrade would even install.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Aug 04. 2011 11:10

nlc4481 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 30, 2011 10:31 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
What you can do jamie is contact customer support and cancel your upgrade version.(you have 30 days to cancel) and just repurchase the full version. I did that and it worked well.
Jamie Clark [Avatar]
[Post New]
I am way too late for that as I purchased the upgrade version on 28 April 2011.
DYONISII [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jul 09, 2011 09:58 Messages: 67 Offline
[Post New]
i too would like a workaround for installation of upgrades.

my "older" version was a creative suite and i only upgraded and use powerdvd.

re-installation would mean installing the creative suites with all the software included in it and then uninstalling everything again save for powerdvd after installing the upgrade.

i am so sure there is a way for an easier installation of powerdvd sans the long and unfriendly method.

i think you guys would agree.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 06. 2011 09:11

Jamie Clark [Avatar]
[Post New]
Edit

Sorry posted in the wrong thread.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 01. 2011 19:44