Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote:
Quote:
Quote: Those images are perfectly normal, Tim...

I'm just wondering why that "Update" arrow is up on top there (I don't think it was there in previous releases, unless there was actually an update available), that's all.

- Tim
In PDVD10, the arrow was on the other side
It's not only for major version updates, you will also be informed of free patches there.

Thanks for the info! My memory is fading, since I can't remember it being anywhere onscreen before. D'oh! :

- Tim
Quote: Those images are perfectly normal, Tim...

I'm just wondering why that "Update" arrow is up on top there (I don't think it was there in previous releases, unless there was actually an update available), that's all.

- Tim
Here is the "about" box - for some reason the website didn't accept both images, and after I deleted one, said I had already uploaded 3 and wouldn't take another.

- Tim
Hi folks...

Here are the requested screenshots.

- Tim

Quote: Hi,
do you see an active pop-up or does it just appear when you hover it with the Mouse?

can you please post a screenshot of the abou box (click on the PDVD logo left top) and of the Upgrade message (I cannot see it here)

br
Michael

Hello Michael...

It is not an active popup, the message only appears when I hover over the mouse (it is a typical 'mouseover' style floating message).

It actually says "Upgrade your version of CyberLink PowerDVD (I)" (I forgot the "I" at the end there). Don't know what that "I" means - I thought it might refer to a drive letter, but that letter isn't the current drive PowerDVD is pointed to.

I will post a screenshot later today.

- Tim
Hey folks...

I just updated to the latest version of PowerDVD 12 Ultra (2118a). Now, whenever I run it, the "Upgrade" icon next to the PowerDVD icon in the upper lefthand corner is always showing (it's an upward-pointing arrow). When I mouse over it, it says the above message ("Upgrade your version of CyberLink PowerDVD").

But clicking on it does nothing, and anyway I just upgraded to the latest and greatest version.

What's that "upgrade" icon doing up there anyway? It didn't used to be there. Anyone else seeing that?

Looks like a bug.

- Tim
Quote: They get started by the powerdvd process. You need to check taskmanager for the filenames. Then go into the correct place in the file system and rename/delete those files. That will remove the media error prompt. The refresh rate prompt still needs to be fixed by cyberlink, but fortunately that doesn't appear every time I insert a movie.

Thanks for the tips! Much appreciated!

- Tim
Quote: If you rename/delete the other running proccesses that PowerDVD start when you play a movie (they are in the powerdvd folder), the media server prompt will disappear. I think I wrote a better guide in one of the other threads, but the basic principle is that just powerdvd and powerdvd12 needs to be running for it to work. The other processes should all be called something along the lines of pdvd or powerdvd.

I pretty much disabled everything but PowerDVD12; no other processes are started up. I will take another look and report back, but I believe I got them all.

- Tim
Quote: To help cut down on your general stress it would be best to keep it all simple. Only do a full powerdvd install. Once you don any upgrade you just broke you own install and that is when the hell starts. And yes it will take top control of your but you will be fine if you don't brake your full install. Hope this helps.

Well me, I did I full install, so that's not the problem. :

- Tim
Quote: Hi tbessie2,
suggest you contact our technical support - the support does not monitor this forum

greetings
Michael

Given prior reports on the unresponsiveness/unhelpfulness of Cyberlink support, I don't have much hope, but I'll contact them. Thanks much.

- Tim
So, Cyberlink support people - why does PowerDVD12 need to run services having to do with the media server, if the media server is disabled?

I should not have to be annoyed by the error message PowerDVD12 gives me (as mentioned above) when I disable the home media server, since I am not USING the home media server.

Can Cyberlink release a patch that will stop PowerDVD from displaying that annoying message about the media server not running, if I haven't even ENABLED the media server in the first place?

This is basic stuff, people.

- Tim
Quote: Hi tbessie2 , it's been a while since you posted this already. Any work around found so far?

Not yet, no, sadly. I will try a few other audio options to see if anything fixes it.

I think it might be the S/PDIF - I've found PowerDVD versions in the past have sometimes had trouble dealing with it for certain cards. I'm using an HT Omega Claro+, which is a pretty high-end card, tho' I don't see it on the "supported" list for audio cards, unfortunately. It might have some peculiarities with regard to PowerDVD.

- Tim
Is anyone else having this problem? When I navigate around a movie (Blu-Ray, in this case), and then continue in a new part of the movie, the sound doesn't start for a second or so, and there is an audible POP noise before the audio resumes.

I am using S/PDIF output to stereo speakers, nothing fancy.

This didn't happen with PowerDVD 10.

- Tim
Hmm - I discovered it was just MoovieLive, but if you disable it (which I had), it doesn't take effect until you restart PowerDVD. Good to know.

Now if they could just do something about the large obnoxious menu on the left. :

- Tim
So I just bought the full installer for PowerDVD 12, and was dismayed to find all the - basically advertisements - on the home screen. The tabs, "In Theaters", "New DVD Release", "Top Rated", "Most Watched" and "Most Collected" (as well as the very large and in-your-face menu groups on the left side).

Is there ANY way to disable all this junk? I don't want to see all these ads pointed ad me - I didn't pay $90 to watch ads, I paid it to watch my own movies ONLY.

- Tim
I would like to mention that as of this point, when you download the PowerDVD 12 Upgrade, it requires you have a prior version (9, 10, 11 I believe) installed.

I bought PowerDVD 10 Ultra full installer version, and had it installed, but wanted to see if it had to be installed to install the PowerDVD 12 upgrade. So I uninstalled it, and also ran the PowerDVD 10 cleaner app, and then ran the PowerDVD 12 upgrade.

It said I needed to have "One of the following versions of PowerDVD" installed (but then didn't list any versions - someone needs to work on their quality control at Cyberlink, I believe).

So - BE WARNED: YOU NEED TO HAVE *SOME* VERSION OF POWERDVD INSTALLED BEFORE YOU INSTALL THIS UPGRADE. MOST LIKELY ONE OF POWERDVD 9, 10 OR 11, ALTHOUGH THE INSTALLER FAILS TO SAY WHICH ONE DUE TO A BUG IN THEIR CODE.

I have requested a refund from Cyberlink. I'll be purchasing the full version of PowerDVD 12 once I do. But Cyberlink really should make this VERY EXPLICITLY CLEAR all over the upgrade advertisement and when purchasing the upgrade. If they have and I missed it, then oops.

- Tim
Quote:
Quote: Is there a customer complaints department for Cyberlink that doesn't just get sent to the usual useless tech support guys?

I want to complain that their tech support is less than useless, but I want it to get to someone who actually CARES.

- Tim

I have never experienced such support from any other company,it is amazing, they couldn't care less, most of the time they can't even bother to read the question, I will NEVER buy a Cyberlink product again.

I think it's because there is so little competition, and because they are based in China (I believe) and don't have a big US presence support-wise, that they don't invest much in North American and European support groups. Just a guess.

Also, I noticed (for example) that when I changed my email address for this board and for the support site, I have to change my forum "nickname" as well... what kind of braindead policy is that? Changing your email address should't mean you can't keep using your known nickname.

Stupid. Stupid.

- Tim
Go to: