Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Any way to disable all the junk on the home screen? (In Theaters, Top Rated, etc.)?
tbessie2 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 04, 2011 01:52 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
So I just bought the full installer for PowerDVD 12, and was dismayed to find all the - basically advertisements - on the home screen. The tabs, "In Theaters", "New DVD Release", "Top Rated", "Most Watched" and "Most Collected" (as well as the very large and in-your-face menu groups on the left side).

Is there ANY way to disable all this junk? I don't want to see all these ads pointed ad me - I didn't pay $90 to watch ads, I paid it to watch my own movies ONLY.

- Tim
tbessie2 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 04, 2011 01:52 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
Hmm - I discovered it was just MoovieLive, but if you disable it (which I had), it doesn't take effect until you restart PowerDVD. Good to know.

Now if they could just do something about the large obnoxious menu on the left. :

- Tim