Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD 12 Ultra keeps saying "Upgrade your version of CyberLink PowerDVD" ???
tbessie2 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 04, 2011 01:52 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
Hey folks...

I just updated to the latest version of PowerDVD 12 Ultra (2118a). Now, whenever I run it, the "Upgrade" icon next to the PowerDVD icon in the upper lefthand corner is always showing (it's an upward-pointing arrow). When I mouse over it, it says the above message ("Upgrade your version of CyberLink PowerDVD").

But clicking on it does nothing, and anyway I just upgraded to the latest and greatest version.

What's that "upgrade" icon doing up there anyway? It didn't used to be there. Anyone else seeing that?

Looks like a bug.

- Tim
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
do you see an active pop-up or does it just appear when you hover it with the Mouse?

can you please post a screenshot of the abou box (click on the PDVD logo left top) and of the Upgrade message (I cannot see it here)

br
Michael

Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
[Post New]
When I first upgraded to PDVD12 Ultra (from PDVD10 Ultra), I was also getting that message bottom right of the screen each time I started the software, but for some mysterious reason, it's gone now. My collection: http://www.blu-ray.com/community/collection.php?u=194008&action=showcategory&category=1&categoryid=7
tbessie2 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Hi,
do you see an active pop-up or does it just appear when you hover it with the Mouse?

can you please post a screenshot of the abou box (click on the PDVD logo left top) and of the Upgrade message (I cannot see it here)

br
Michael

Hello Michael...

It is not an active popup, the message only appears when I hover over the mouse (it is a typical 'mouseover' style floating message).

It actually says "Upgrade your version of CyberLink PowerDVD (I)" (I forgot the "I" at the end there). Don't know what that "I" means - I thought it might refer to a drive letter, but that letter isn't the current drive PowerDVD is pointed to.

I will post a screenshot later today.

- Tim
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
thanks, yes that would be good.
Please also provide the snapshot of the about box (about PowerDVD)

thanks
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
tbessie2 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi folks...

Here are the requested screenshots.

- Tim

[Thumb - screenshot1.png]
 Filename
screenshot1.png
[Disk]
 Description
Screenshot with "upgrade" tooltip
 Filesize
607 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
167 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Nov 17. 2012 01:29

tbessie2 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Here is the "about" box - for some reason the website didn't accept both images, and after I deleted one, said I had already uploaded 3 and wouldn't take another.

- Tim
[Thumb - screenshot2.png]
 Filename
screenshot2.png
[Disk]
 Description
About box
 Filesize
51 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
153 time(s)
[Post New]
Those images are perfectly normal, Tim... My collection: http://www.blu-ray.com/community/collection.php?u=194008&action=showcategory&category=1&categoryid=7
tbessie2 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Those images are perfectly normal, Tim...

I'm just wondering why that "Update" arrow is up on top there (I don't think it was there in previous releases, unless there was actually an update available), that's all.

- Tim
[Post New]
Quote:

I'm just wondering why that "Update" arrow is up on top there (I don't think it was there in previous releases, unless there was actually an update available), that's all.

- Tim
In PDVD10, the arrow was on the other side
It's not only for major version updates, you will also be informed of free patches there. My collection: http://www.blu-ray.com/community/collection.php?u=194008&action=showcategory&category=1&categoryid=7
tbessie2 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote:

- Tim
In PDVD10, the arrow was on the other side
It's not only for major version updates, you will also be informed of free patches there.

Thanks for the info! My memory is fading, since I can't remember it being anywhere onscreen before. D'oh! :

- Tim