Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Audio drops out, then comes back with loud *SNAP* when navigating
tbessie2 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 04, 2011 01:52 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
Is anyone else having this problem? When I navigate around a movie (Blu-Ray, in this case), and then continue in a new part of the movie, the sound doesn't start for a second or so, and there is an audible POP noise before the audio resumes.

I am using S/PDIF output to stereo speakers, nothing fancy.

This didn't happen with PowerDVD 10.

- Tim
austing1 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jul 07, 2012 13:44 Messages: 52 Offline
[Post New]
Hi tbessie2 , it's been a while since you posted this already. Any work around found so far?
tbessie2 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 04, 2011 01:52 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi tbessie2 , it's been a while since you posted this already. Any work around found so far?

Not yet, no, sadly. I will try a few other audio options to see if anything fixes it.

I think it might be the S/PDIF - I've found PowerDVD versions in the past have sometimes had trouble dealing with it for certain cards. I'm using an HT Omega Claro+, which is a pretty high-end card, tho' I don't see it on the "supported" list for audio cards, unfortunately. It might have some peculiarities with regard to PowerDVD.

- Tim