Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Customer Complaints department?
tbessie [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 07, 2008 02:01 Messages: 24 Offline
[Post New]
Is there a customer complaints department for Cyberlink that doesn't just get sent to the usual useless tech support guys?

I want to complain that their tech support is less than useless, but I want it to get to someone who actually CARES.

- Tim
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
please let me know your issue and the ID you got from CS about your issues.

thanks and br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
tbessie [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Hi,
please let me know your issue and the ID you got from CS about your issues.

thanks and br
Michael

Hello Michael...

Well, you can look at the history of the following tickets:

CS000931960 - Simple question about registry keys appearing as raw values in PDVD settings
CS000935949 - Followup on the above

and especially: CS000937776 - Inability to install update

With CS000937776, the support technician kept repeating themselves, in a series of what appeared to be canned answers. They seemed to cycle through them (answer 1, answer 2, answer 3, answer 1, answer 2, etc.) without actually replying to my comments. I kept telling them they weren't helping, could they bump it up to someone who'd address the problem by communicating with me instead of supplying canned answers, but I just continued to get more canned answers.

It was a bit like trying to communicate with a robot.

I do admit, I lost my temper and told the technician that I thought he was terrible at his job, etc. Honestly, though, he was (either that, or Cyberlink doesn't allow anyone to do anything but run questions through filters and press buttons that supply canned answers - I don't know).

Anyway, there it is. Let me know if you have any feedback on this. Thanks!

- Tim

PS This is coming from my perspective as a long-time computer programmer and computer builder (almost 30 years now), so the robotlike support I received felt slightly insulting, actually. Perhaps I'm spoiled by the more personal support options of old. :-/
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Why would Michael be given a one star for stepping in and answering this thread? He is the "voice of reason" on this forum and will get the matter investigated. So the reader (and I don't think it was tbessie) who was so un-smart, flippant and gave nothing useful here please reflect upon your actions, they really don't help . I'm sure your input is trace-able.

I can fully appreciate what Tim experienced as Michael does. I also sympathise with the operator who has to remain cool and objective without getting emotionally involved.

best of luck

Dafydd
tbessie [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Why would Michael be given a one star for stepping in and answering this thread? He is the "voice of reason" on this forum and will get the matter investigated. So the reader (and I don't think it was tbessie) who was so un-smart, flippant and gave nothing useful here please reflect upon your actions, they really don't help . I'm sure your input is trace-able.

I can fully appreciate what Tim experienced as Michael does. I also sympathise with the operator who has to remain cool and objective without getting emotionally involved.

best of luck

Dafydd

Hello Dafydd...

I've not rated or starred Michael at all - what happened there?

I just replied to his question here, and no more.

- Tim
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Tim,
Yep, I gave a 5 star because it was right.

I do wonder why some forum members slap in a one star. To not even offer any help etc. On the PD forum members help each other a lot - swapping techniques, resolving issues - a good place to participate. The PDVD forum is to "me" orientated and participation is often a thankless task.

Michael is a good guy and could do with more member support and helpful input.

I do hope Michael can assist you speedily.

Sorry, I seem to have "sounded off" in my reply, forgive me. If you've a few minutes spare, pop over to the PD forums.

warm regards

Dafydd
tbessie [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Hi Tim,
Yep, I gave a 5 star because it was right.

I do wonder why some forum members slap in a one star. To not even offer any help etc. On the PD forum members help each other a lot - swapping techniques, resolving issues - a good place to participate. The PDVD forum is to "me" orientated and participation is often a thankless task.

Michael is a good guy and could do with more member support and helpful input.

I do hope Michael can assist you speedily.

Sorry, I seem to have "sounded off" in my reply, forgive me. If you've a few minutes spare, pop over to the PD forums.

warm regards

Dafydd

Maybe because PDVD is more consumer oriented while PD is more producer oriented? Hmm.

I'll take a look at it.

I always believe in giving credit it where it is due, so I'll rate Michael after I see how things play out. Thanks for your input, even if you sounded off. :

- Tim
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

back to topic

we will check your case internally to learn what went wrong.

Br

Werde Facebook Fan
UNHAPPY666 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: staffordshire Joined: Dec 08, 2010 09:38 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Is there a customer complaints department for Cyberlink that doesn't just get sent to the usual useless tech support guys?

I want to complain that their tech support is less than useless, but I want it to get to someone who actually CARES.

- Tim

i agree the complaints deptment sucks,,,,i wish i hadent bothered with this rubbish software,,,, sick of being ripped off...
UNHAPPY666 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: staffordshire Joined: Dec 08, 2010 09:38 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
i have left 3 compaints over 4 days and no one has even bothered to reply to me,, it's a case of give us your money and clear off!!!! i have that many problems with the software i dont know where to begin, and i'v spent nearly £100 with them (silly me), i'm off now to fetch a good strong rope (goodbye world) !!!!!!!!.

They wish,,,,,,,,,,

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 09. 2010 04:56

sick of being ripped off...
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
i agree the complaints deptment sucks,,,,i wish i hadent bothered with this rubbish software,,,,

i have left 3 compaints over 4 days and no one has even bothered to reply to me,, it's a case of give us your money and clear off!!!! i have that many problems with the software i dont know where to begin, and i'v spent nearly £100 with them (silly me), i'm off now to fetch a good strong rope (goodbye world) !!!!!!!!.

They wish,,,,,,,,,,

I am sure members here in the forum would try to help you if you gave more detail about what your problem is with the software. I have used Power DVD since version 8 and have had no problems with it. That is not to say that you haven't, but maybe your problem can be fixed somehow. If you go to this link it will show you what information you should provide so that others may have a chance at helping you:

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/8449.page

Regards,

Kevin
Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.
Ray06 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 06, 2008 09:28 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Is there a customer complaints department for Cyberlink that doesn't just get sent to the usual useless tech support guys?

- Tim

I have never experienced such support from any other company,it is amazing, they couldn't care less, most of the time they can't even bother to read the question, I will NEVER buy a Cyberlink product again.
tbessie2 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 04, 2011 01:52 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
Quote:

- Tim

I have never experienced such support from any other company,it is amazing, they couldn't care less, most of the time they can't even bother to read the question, I will NEVER buy a Cyberlink product again.

I think it's because there is so little competition, and because they are based in China (I believe) and don't have a big US presence support-wise, that they don't invest much in North American and European support groups. Just a guess.

Also, I noticed (for example) that when I changed my email address for this board and for the support site, I have to change my forum "nickname" as well... what kind of braindead policy is that? Changing your email address should't mean you can't keep using your known nickname.

Stupid. Stupid.

- Tim
[Post New]
Quote:

- Tim

Hi Ray,
please let me know your ticket ID - I would like to check your case

Br

Werde Facebook Fan
Ray06 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 06, 2008 09:28 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Michael,

My ticket ID CS000995783.

I sent you a private message.

Regards