Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Roundtrip to ColorDirector with full timeline of clips?
Frankster69 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 13, 2017 13:32 Messages: 68 Offline
[Post New]
Hi dear people,

Is it possible to apply edits in ColorDirector to the entire timeline of clips at once?

I know I can Fix/Enhance a single clip and do it in ColorDirector, but I would like to apply the corrections to all the (dozens of) clips in my timeline at once. How do I achieve this?

Or is it only possible as post production, meaning I'ld have to just render the movie, and edit the full movie in Colordirector?

It would be so good if I could import a full movieproject with multiple clips into ColorDirector and make general adjustments to the full project.

regards, Frank
Nighthawk [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Dunedin, NZ Joined: Apr 09, 2015 04:27 Messages: 15 Offline
[Post New]
Is it possible to apply edits in ColorDirector to the entire timeline of clips at once?

At this stage not to my knowledge ...
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Frank -

Even though it's not immediately obvious, there is a way to make an adjustment in CDR & apply it to multiple clips in PDR.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Frankster69 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi Frank -

Even though it's not immediately obvious, there is a way to make an adjustment in CDR & apply it to multiple clips in PDR.

Cheers - Tony

Hi Ynotfish,

Thanks, that helps me partway. I was kind of looking for a way to apply the adjustments to a selection of clips. Perhaps I should make it a feature request?

The way you shown does work, thanks for that. But if I already have an opening en end credits and only want to apply the adjustments to the centerpieces I can't seem to use that, since it's one or all?

It would be great if I could select a number of clips and then send all of that to CDR. It's a bit more fiddly right now.

regards, Frank
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Agreed Frank -

That would be a useful feature! or even a reset button, so that you could apply adjustments to all clips in the timeline then reset particular clips to their original state.

Why not use "Apply to All", then just re-insert you opening & ending sequences as either produced files or inserted projects?

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Frankster69 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Yes, that's what I'm doing now. It's a workaround, and in future I'll have to keep it in mind and try to make it more easy.

I can get the job done, so that's good. But in terms of workflow I can see a thing or two that can be improved upon. I'm not familiar enough yet with PD's development or team to gauge wether it's on a todo list of sorts.

I'm most familiar with using a DAW to create music, and that one comes with a very helpfull community and development team. Basically the interaction with both is what's really driving the development there.

Anyway, I can get on with things in PD, and just see how it develops.

regards, Frank