Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I don't know what I did to separate them, but I've been unlinking and moving them back together. A pain.
Quote: IFishGud2010,

Have you reduced the total duration of your original project down from the original 1 Hour and 40 minutes? Or is it still at this duration?

Kevin

Same duration. I thought I'd try the previous version. I'm going to break the project up.

Thanks.

While I have your attention......can you tell me how to sync an audio and with its video clip? Don't know how they got separated?? If I highlight one, it will highlight the other but they are separate on the timeline.
Quote: You've been a big help, thanks. I've gone back to 2330a and so far so good. I'll try this for a while and see what happens.

Thanks again.

Regards,

Fish

PD9 still "stops working" with version 2330a. Scrreeeaaammmm!!
You've been a big help, thanks. I've gone back to 2330a and so far so good. I'll try this for a while and see what happens.

Thanks again.

Regards,

Fish
Thanks Kevin. I used this approach (from you) before and have put the separate projects together to produce, but then I felt it needed some tweaking so this is where I started having the problem. i may just have to go back and split the file up again.

What version are you using?
Quote: I experience the same thing when I downloaded PD9 at first. After lots of trial and error, I realized it was the file type that I was using that would make it freeze and crash. Was using .3pg video which is what my Motorola Droid X records at. Here is a link to that thread. I finally found the solution as stated within the thread.

Just an idea for you to look in to.

-Max

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/15074.page

My files are .VOB....so I don't think this applies, but thanks for trying. I'm going to try backing off my 2054 upgrade.
Quote: What do you mean "stops working"? Crashes? Becomes unresponsive?

Does it happen when you are doing something in particular?

Does it happen with very small projects, or only very big ones?

Where is your video coming from?

The more information you give, the better the responses will be.

See the topic at the top of the forum about the information the experts need.

Good luck.

The problem occurs when I'm editing a project that is about 1 hour and 40 minutes long. Not doing anything in particular, happens at any time.

I get a message saying PD 9 stopped working and the program shuts down.

Not sure about the video question but I use an ATI Radeon HD 5650 display adapter and a Intel 5 series 4 port SATA AHCI controller. Video is on my hard drive.
PD 9 stops working in the middle of my editing session. Thankfully I save often. What's causing this?

I have an i7CPU Q740 1.73GHz, 8 GB RAM, 64 bit OS, and 350GB of free hard drive.
Thanks to you as well. I may try your way also.
Thanks guys. It worked great!!!!
Thanks guys. Looks like I have plenty to work on.
Thanks.
Thanks I'll give it a shot.
How can I combine separate projects into one larger project to burn on a dvd? I had to create smaller projects because my computer couldn't handle larger projects. I have since got a more powerful laptop.
Thanks Robert. I just ordered a 64 bit machine.
I want to buy a new laptop to do my video editing. Does anyone have a list of reasonable specifications for a new laptop? I'm partial to HP.
OK, sorry for the brevity. I'm so frustrated with this whole thing........

My original problem is that if I'm editing a media clip longer than say 30 minutes, PD9 runs brutally slow. I was told it was because my computer doesn't have the fire power to do any better. I'll buy that.

So, I have a media clip that is an hour and 40 minutes long, so I want to reduce its size so I can edit it. I tried moving it to the timeline, but PD9 still runs slow after I split the clip and "remove" the unwanted portion. Therefore I'm looking for a way to split the clip in the Media Room for even outside PD9. I tried to "segment" the clip but that didn't work either.
My computer is having trouble editing clips that are over 30 minutes long. so I want to split my media before I load it in to the timeline. How do I do that? I tried loading the media and splitting it in V9 but that didn't work.
Thanks again. You've been a super help.
Kevin, since you've been so helpful, here's another question for you. Do you know of a video that explains how to use the multi-trim feature. I mean a good video. I've looked at the ones offered by PD9 but I still don't get it. I may be thick but I've been editing as follows: I view the video to be edited, split the video then delete the part I don't want. Or I use range selection and Cut/Remove. By the way what is the difference between Cut and Remove??
Go to: