Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Computer runs slow with V9
IFishGud2010
Newbie Location: Cape Cod, MA Joined: Nov 23, 2010 10:48 Messages: 24 Offline
[Post New]
My computer is having trouble editing clips that are over 30 minutes long. so I want to split my media before I load it in to the timeline. How do I do that? I tried loading the media and splitting it in V9 but that didn't work.
NicolasNY
Senior Contributor Location: Caracas Joined: Sep 28, 2008 17:49 Messages: 805 Offline
[Post New]
Hi
1.Your topic title is “Computer run slow with V9”, but no mention about it in your post
2.What troubles do you have loading your 30 minutes clip? What are your procedures?
3.“I tried loading the media and splitting in V9 but that didn’t work”.

One thing is loading the clip to PD9; other is having the clip in the time line, then split.When you first open PD9, you must import a clip to your MEDIA ROOM, then drag it or insert in the selected track in the TIMELINE, then you can split by moving the cursor to the position you want to split and press the SPLIT button. You can also TRIM or multitrim your clip in the timeline. (Note: you can’t split the clip in the Media Room)

You must be more specific in describing your issue and add some procedures in order that we can help you

Regards, Nicolas
IFishGud2010
Newbie Location: Cape Cod, MA Joined: Nov 23, 2010 10:48 Messages: 24 Offline
[Post New]
OK, sorry for the brevity. I'm so frustrated with this whole thing........

My original problem is that if I'm editing a media clip longer than say 30 minutes, PD9 runs brutally slow. I was told it was because my computer doesn't have the fire power to do any better. I'll buy that.

So, I have a media clip that is an hour and 40 minutes long, so I want to reduce its size so I can edit it. I tried moving it to the timeline, but PD9 still runs slow after I split the clip and "remove" the unwanted portion. Therefore I'm looking for a way to split the clip in the Media Room for even outside PD9. I tried to "segment" the clip but that didn't work either.
NicolasNY
Senior Contributor Location: Caracas Joined: Sep 28, 2008 17:49 Messages: 805 Offline
[Post New]
TMPGEnc 4.0 XPress. Does im violating any CL forum contract?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 29. 2010 14:41