Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Combine projects
IFishGud2010
Newbie Location: Cape Cod, MA Joined: Nov 23, 2010 10:48 Messages: 24 Offline
[Post New]
How can I combine separate projects into one larger project to burn on a dvd? I had to create smaller projects because my computer couldn't handle larger projects. I have since got a more powerful laptop.
pjc3
Senior Member Location: Australia Joined: May 29, 2010 19:33 Messages: 247 Offline
[Post New]
Render each small project as a DVD compliant file in the produce tab. Then you create a new project and import the completed smaller files and create disc. As long as you use correct encoding in the first step, PD should not have to re-encode the files again when producing the DVD. Panasonic SD9, Panasonic TM700, Panasonic SD600, GoPro HD Hero.
IFishGud2010
[Post New]
Thanks I'll give it a shot.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
You can actually add your smaller projects (pds files) and/or produced files (mpeg...) into the DVD menu system without bringing them all into the timeline of a "master" project if you wish. Use the "Import additional videos" or "Import PowerDirector projects" icon in the Create Disc module. You can control how each title is played with the playback mode icon.

Jeff

EDIT:
Additional info found here and the associated links in this link. It's for PD8 but the Create Disc module is essentially the same.
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/13628.page#64241
[Thumb - titleadd.jpg]
 Filename
titleadd.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
331 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
462 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 03. 2011 19:51

IFishGud2010
[Post New]
Thanks.
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
I have been experimenting with PD9 build 2330 and it was previously not possible to combine multiple projects with PD9, or at least I couldn't get it to work until now. Cranston had made a tutorial on combining pds projects using PD8. Here is his link to his tutorial.

http://www.youtube.com/user/PDtoots#p/u/8/gGq_tL5F6Ug

The only difference that I can tell when doing this with PD9...once you COPY the first project...you need to move the Blue Scrubber bar on the timeline to the point where you are pasting the contents of project #1. This is a bit different than using PD8. It automatically pasted it at the end of the first project.

With this new build I have been able to combine projects (pds files).

For example:

1. Open your project #1
2. Highlight the entire project using the orange triangle markers on the blue scrubber bar. (see tutorial for details)
3. Select COPY......the copy button will appear above the timeline once you highlight it.
4. Now open Project #2...select YES when prompted to merge the media libray with the new project.
5. Move the Blue Scrubber bar to where you want the contents inserted in Project #2 and click PASTE.
6. The entire contents of Project #1 is pasted into project #2.

This worked for me...give it a shot. you just may need to experiment and plan on which project you start with. Once you combine TWO projects you can then highlight the combined project and then COPY this and paste it onto another...and so on and so on.

Once you are done...burn your DVD

Hope it helps....but Cranston gets the credit in my opinion!!

Regards,

Kevin

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Jan 03. 2011 20:03

Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.
IFishGud2010
[Post New]
Thanks guys. Looks like I have plenty to work on.
IFishGud2010
[Post New]
Thanks guys. It worked great!!!!
pjc3
Senior Member Location: Australia Joined: May 29, 2010 19:33 Messages: 247 Offline
[Post New]
Whilst both Jeff's & Kevin's replies answer your original question more precisely, and I am not trying to convince you either way, but I still suggest that if you are running on a low spec machine the suggestion of rendering each project first may work better.

I do this often, trying to limit my individual projects to 15-20 mins. This way PD stays speedy fast (mind you I do work with 1080p60 @ 28Mps)

edit: I just saw your last post....glad it is working great.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 03. 2011 20:39

Panasonic SD9, Panasonic TM700, Panasonic SD600, GoPro HD Hero.
IFishGud2010
[Post New]
Thanks to you as well. I may try your way also.
CPH54a [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Sheffield, England Joined: Jan 17, 2011 09:15 Messages: 15 Offline
[Post New]
I was searching for the forum for an anwser to the same question. How to merging 4 long holiday videos, boring to all except those that went, down to a short film of general interest. Having just tried the merging suggested by Capt. Kevin (? think that was the title but I can't see it at present ) I found it worked very smoothly. Great - now I don't have to bore friends. Thanks for the helpful post. David
Darp1 [Avatar]
Member Location: USA Joined: Nov 18, 2013 10:13 Messages: 122 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I have been experimenting with PD9 build 2330 and it was previously not possible to combine multiple projects with PD9, or at least I couldn't get it to work until now. Cranston had made a tutorial on combining pds projects using PD8. Here is his link to his tutorial.

http://www.youtube.com/user/PDtoots#p/u/8/gGq_tL5F6Ug

The only difference that I can tell when doing this with PD9...once you COPY the first project...you need to move the Blue Scrubber bar on the timeline to the point where you are pasting the contents of project #1. This is a bit different than using PD8. It automatically pasted it at the end of the first project.

With this new build I have been able to combine projects (pds files).

For example:

1. Open your project #1
2. Highlight the entire project using the orange triangle markers on the blue scrubber bar. (see tutorial for details)
3. Select COPY......the copy button will appear above the timeline once you highlight it.
4. Now open Project #2...select YES when prompted to merge the media libray with the new project.
5. Move the Blue Scrubber bar to where you want the contents inserted in Project #2 and click PASTE.
6. The entire contents of Project #1 is pasted into project #2.

This worked for me...give it a shot. you just may need to experiment and plan on which project you start with. Once you combine TWO projects you can then highlight the combined project and then COPY this and paste it onto another...and so on and so on.

Once you are done...burn your DVD

Hope it helps....but Cranston gets the credit in my opinion!!

Regards,

Kevin

Hi Captain, I have PD13 in 2015 and sorta painted myself into a corner as took 10 mins out of 90 min movie, and for a demo enhanced it quite a bit then going back to master, realized did not want to recerate everything I did, and did not want video without source tracks in master.

Well found your post, and not sure what orange triangles and blue scrubber line is, but used the current draw a rectangle around clips on new partial project, then Copy from menu, then opened master project, went to end and did normal Paste and walla copied the project with multitracks etc into teh master, so no lost work, Whew!!

Thanks for your post, it gave me hope. So in one PD project if you copy timeline tracks, open another, merge media and walla it will paste from one project to another.

Cheers

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 21. 2015 23:34