Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
It's Korrigan, with an "O".

And what I say can still help you get most out of your PC. Are you OK with only using less than 25% of the RAM you paid for?

I only tried to help. Sorry to have tried. Won't happen again, trust me.
Windows 7 32 bit with 16gb of RAM... sorry, but... who sold you that hardware for a 32 bit windows? I wouldn't want to buy from him, he's either incompetent or he tried to scam you.

Are you aware that a 32 bit windows will, at BEST, use a bit more than 4gb of RAM max, with the last gb used for hardware and therefore not available, leaving you with approx. 3gb free ?

Get yourself a 64 bit windows. That would be a good start.
You don't have that option on your receiver ?
Quote: 4K is not an open standard. HEVC is heavily encumbered by a patent pool.

Mayve VP9 and WebM will come to dominate, but in UHD 4K blurays it is HEVC MAIN 10 all the way for that format atleast

Billy I do admire sir your tenacity with Cyberlink on this

Mate maybe it will come when they do UHD 4K bluray support.
Granted, I didn't use the proper words, forgive my non-English primary language.

4K is a standard used my more and more displays. Analog is a dying thing of the past, a vast majority uses a receiver to decode bitstreams, not some PC soundcard. That's why Cyberlink has little intensive in adding software atmos decoding to PDVD, specially since it would also mean having to detect secure audio paths for the very specific hardware it involves.
Your logic is nonsensical.

4K is an open standard.

Atmos requires a specific codec to decode, and of course, Dolby is licensing it for a lot of money. That's also why Atmos receivers are that expensive. Cyberlink just weighted the pros and cons and decided it wasn't worth the hassle and that it wouldn't bring enough income to recover the licensing costs. Fact is, most people use bitstreaming to a receiver, and that's the market they are aiming for.

And from what I know, there's no other "legit" software decoding Atmos to analog. So it's not just PowerDVD.

Up to you to stop buying if you aren't satisfied anymore, that will send a way stronger message then spamming each now release forum with your specific individual needs.

Vote with your wallet.
4K is future.
Analog is past.
Adapt or... well, be forced to adapt.
Apparently, there's not enough of your kind to justify the very expensive Atmos software decoder. Most of us have modern receivers and we do Atmos via Bit streaming.

Maybe you should step into this century. Hell, who knows, you may even like it.

This is a business, they won't make the purchase of an expensive license just for half a dozen people still using analog setups.
Bitstreaming is just sending the audio channel "as is" to the receiver. Even PowerDVD 15 can do that.
Looks like PDVD16 doesn't support Atmos either (except for those of us with a modern receiver through bitstreaming).
Time to stop that crusade...
^^ That was me just above, wrong account.
My rig is a 6700k @ 4.4ghz and an AMD 290x and I can playback 4K content from a 4K source smoothly without problems.
A bit sad since it's the only PC glasses so far with real Full HD in 3D. I hope you'll reconsider...
Quote: That's what I was saying when powerDVD 14 was out.
It'll be the next version but nada.
Hopefully they'll implement it soon as there's no way I'm waiting until April next year for it!

And what are you going to do otherwise? Stomp your feet, and throw a fit ?
And over one year later, "Billy" still doesn't understand that since his hardware doesn't have a secure audio path, decoding Dolby Atmos in full quality with analog output won't happen.
http://i.imgur.com/zpoOmkP.jpg

There you go, have fun. Sorry I had to repeat it for it to be understandable.
Quote: I'll leave the thread now...

Quote: This is my last attempt ...

Quote: I give up .

For real this time?

Anyway, better do it before you make more ridiculous claims like "using the GPU isn't hardware acceleration"...
Quote:
This screenshot is the very proof that your 290x doesn't have hardware acceleration when playing H265.

This is why the GPU is maxed up.
The GPU being used is the very definition of hardware acceleration by the graphic card... by the way, the GPU isn't "maxed up", the usage varies, it just happened to be at 96% on that screenshot. The card doesn't even heat, the fan is still at 20% which is the "idle" speed.

Quote: I never said you were not able play H265 file, or that the GPU wasn't involved in the process.
Haha nice twisting... clutching at straws? So it's not hardware accelerated because it actually uses the GPU? Tell me, when you're playing a video game and it uses your GPU, do you also say it's not hardware accelerated by the graphic card?

Cutting off the rest of your arrogant dribble, the personal attacks and the insults, but seriously... do you realize how ridiculous what you are saying sounds?

Full image: https://i.imgur.com/zpoOmkP.jpg

You were saying?

Interesting how a card supposed to not hardware decode h265 is having its frequency boosted to max and its activity over 90% when reading a h265 file, isn't it?

The movie used is http://www.libde265.org/hevc-bitstreams/bbb-3840x2160-cfg02.mkv , you can double check, it's definitely 4K H265.
Quote: Link to a review or specs lisitng the 290X as supporting full hardware HEVC decoding?

I'm really not interesting in discussing the rest, but before posting cynical remarks, just check your facts.
Do you even read what other people post ?
Quote: You were wrongly claiming that your 290X had hardware HEVC decoding acceleration, I'm glad you are now taking this back as you have realized it does not.
I'm definitely not taking it back. I can't take it back, because I'm using that feature.

Quote: The fact that someone has been working for 25 years in the video industry doesn't mean anything
It means I'm a professional. By the way, do you know there are $50 Android TV boxes doing full 4K h265 hardware decoding? But I have no doubt those $50 devices are more powerful than a core I7 + a high end PC GPU.

Quote: I have been working for 25 years in both the computer and the
film/video industry, there are incompetent people (or people who know
less than they think, which doesn't stop them from giving lessons to
others and making false claims) in every industry.
How amusing... suddenly, you're also a 25 years+ expert. Isn't that an interesting coincidence?

Ignorance isn't stupidity. Refusing to acknowledge you are ignorant is stupid, though. Don't limit what is possible to the limits of your own imagination and/or knowledge. Now you can go back in your garage and play with that camcorder. I mean, you've been doing that the last 25 years, that must make you a film/video expert.
Go to: