Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Blu-Rays: Pixelated, Stuttering, Chopped Video Mess
JohnMatthews129 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 30, 2016 19:18 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I have PowerDVD 15 Ultra with the latest patch installed. I'm running Windows 7 32-bit using an AMD A-10 7700K 3.8 gHz quad-core APU and 16 Gb of ram. All hardware is brand new as of 4-29-16. All Windows 7 32-bit updates, and latest drivers for all hardware, have been correctly installed and updated accordingly. This is a fresh build, with little other software installed and not much loading up at system boot.

The very first blu-ray played using PowerDVD 15 played as a blocky, jagged, torn, pixelated mess with badly choppy sound. The blu-ray disc was not damaged in any way and was as clean as the day it was produced.

Changing settings in PowerDVD (disabling any image/video enhancements, and setting audio to allow the application to decode audio, instead of hardware/HD sound) was to no avail. This is the second time I've attempted to play a blu-ray disc using this software. The first time was with my old hardware, which admittedly was six years old and perhaps not up to the task. I will say, however, that blu-rays played flawlessly using TOTAL MEDIA THEATER and a FREEWARE blue-ray player (LEAWO) using that old hardware. Needless to say, I continued to use Leawo and TMT until my old mainboard failed and forced the purchase of new hardware. After attempting to play a blu-ray with PowerDVD 15 Ultra with my brand new, better, faster PC hardware I still have the same issues.

The only reason I bought PowerDVD 15 Ultra (the boxed version with an installation disc, by the way) was that Arcsoft stopped supporting TOTAL MEDIA THEATER and PowerDVD 15 Ultra was on sale at Amazon.com. I'd had a good previous experience with earlier versions of PowerDVD, so I believed I could trust the software to be adequate to the task.

It isn't.

There's no reason for software like this to be so worthless. There's no reason I should not be able to run this software with all-or-most of the bells-and-whistles turned on and have anything but a FLAWLESS viewing experience. I'm curious as to whether anyone else has had the same experience and what fix, if any, will be applicable.

Thanks in advance.
[Post New]
Windows 7 32 bit with 16gb of RAM... sorry, but... who sold you that hardware for a 32 bit windows? I wouldn't want to buy from him, he's either incompetent or he tried to scam you.

Are you aware that a 32 bit windows will, at BEST, use a bit more than 4gb of RAM max, with the last gb used for hardware and therefore not available, leaving you with approx. 3gb free ?

Get yourself a 64 bit windows. That would be a good start. My collection: http://www.blu-ray.com/community/collection.php?u=194008&action=showcategory&category=1&categoryid=7
JohnMatthews129 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 30, 2016 19:18 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Kerrigan,

I had hoped there would have been more of a solution posted, as opposed to an irellevent opinion. You have no idea what you're talking about.

The last pc I built was also 32-but Win 7, was using only four gb ram, and managed just swell playing DVDs and blu-rays. So, there's no reason a newer, better rig shouldn't do as well.

At any rate, I discovered my own solution. Mods, if any, may shut this thread down now.
[Post New]
It's Korrigan, with an "O".

And what I say can still help you get most out of your PC. Are you OK with only using less than 25% of the RAM you paid for?

I only tried to help. Sorry to have tried. Won't happen again, trust me.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 01. 2016 13:06

My collection: http://www.blu-ray.com/community/collection.php?u=194008&action=showcategory&category=1&categoryid=7