Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote This is not going to work if you don’t know why modifying a menu cause the PD11 software to crash. Glad that you are able to accomplish a successful burn. See this tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-do66vpFeA . It is for PD13 and later.

I don't think that was the problem though. At the end of all the problems, after everything just righted itself, I burned the disc without doing anything to the menu. I just thought I'd try and get it on a disc before messing with it and everything works fine. Maybe some glitch that confused the program somehow, who knows? I never changed anything on the menu then it went ok. I will try another today from scratch and see what happens. Thanks for the link.

PS, I have alrady seen that vid, might go for 13 as it seem to do more of what I want in a menu, IE, no root.
Thanks for the reply,

I feel I have spent the day in the Twilight Zone. First I had the error message. I looked for an answer to that everywhere, even edited the registry, nothing worked. Then I read in these forums It might actually be the menu I made. I tried to edit that but that didn't work. Then the second problem appeared. In the menu creator all I could get was a window with the 'tools' in, right across the screen, no window to show the actual menu I was working on. This appeared for a couple of seconds then it would crash to the desktop evey single time. I tried to make a new menu, I tried to use PDs menu templates, every time was the same. I have never been so frustrated by a piece of software. After rebootin for the 2,000 th time everything just worked again!!! I could edit the menu and burn the disc, no errors. I have absolutely no idea what happened but my PC is gernerally solid as a rock?? Anyway, could you give me more ifo on PD13s menus? Have they improved it so it is more intuative to use?

Thanks again for your time.
This program is driving me crazy. I might have finally got the menu worked out. Now when I try to burn a disc, either to disc or a folder, I get this e80070057 error. I have looked through the forum and found a few suggestions, none of which work. I found one which said it might be the menu causing it. So I try to edit the menu. When I click on any menu and select modify it opens up with all the options full screen, IE, the menu itself isn't visible. This stays for a couple of seconds then the program crashes. I cannot change the view! I have been trying to do this video for two days now and it's getting me down.
Quote Did you create any chapters while still editing that title? Any chapters created will show up on the scenes page during the preview.

Thanks guys. I did have the two buttons, play and scenes, but when I clicked scenes it took me to the scenes screen but there was nothing on it to click. I had two chapters in the vid. I think I got rid of a video frame on the scenes screen. I didn't want a small video box on the screen, I just wanted a button for each chapter. After starting again and playing around I think I've come to the conclusion that 1, I can't have just the root screen with buttons to the chapters, and 2, I have to have video buttons on the scenes screen to go to chapters, Am I right in these assumptions? I like how the video is handled but the menu creator is a nightmare to use, I seems it just won't let me do a simple menu how I want it.

Thanks for you time.
Hi all, I am desperate for some help. I have spent the last four hours trying to get a simple menu working, sure don't make it easy do they?

I have got my background pics and music set up ok, I have my vids, effects etc all sorted. My problem is on the Root page I have my title, play and scene buttons but when I click scenes I just get another page, same pic, same music but no chapter buttons. How can I add the chapter buttons so I can play videos? If I just click play on the root it plays the first video ok but there isn't an option to play others?

Thanks in advance.

PS, I'm using PD 11.
That's what I did, I have a clean set of downloads in a safe place, ain't going through that again!
Thanks again.
A box pops up with a couple of options, like 'Close Window' and another one, can't remember. There was no way to open the program. I read somewhere to reinstall PD11 as Wave Editor was 'inside' it. After trying everything I could think of I uninstalled PD11, big mistake. I had all the hassle again of trying to find a download without any luck. I eventually got a reply from Cyberlink that gave me links to downloads, but only for a couple of days!!!! Why? I really don't understand this time limited download crap. I quite like PD11 but if I ever have to replace it it won't be with a Cyberlink product. Thanks for taking the time to help out stevek, It's all working again now.
I have PD11 with Wave Editor. I have used Wave Editor lots of times without a problem. I am trying to open it but all it does is open to an icon on the taskbar, I can't open the program. I don't want to uninstall/reinstall as I did this once before but it was a lot of hassle as Cyberlink seem to thing they only had to allow me to download it once! Even at the original price of over £60!

Any ideas guys?

Thanks.
I have never asked for or checked a box for Bing as far as I know. It's not a problem as it all seems to have gone, I just wondered why, when I clicked for information about PD12, all these boxes popped up and wanted to change my settings.
I was burning a video project and there on the progress box is an advert to upgrade to PD12, I thought I'd take a look. As soon as I clicked it another window popped up saying 'Welcome to your new browser' it looked like it was about to install the Bling crap. I managed to stop it but then another box popped up say something had tried to change my internet settings and it would set it back to Bling again for me! I am fairly PC savie so I stopped all this and it looks like no damage has been done. I had an episode of the Bling bar a while ago and don't want that again. I won't click that again.
I knew what they were, I set the three chapters and wanted the videos but didn't know if/how I could set the length of play. The preview only did a few seconds and I tried everything to change it but couldn't. I assumed (wrongly) that the preview was actually giving me a preview. Not to worry, now I know. Thanks again guys for you help and advice.
Thanks again Carl, There wasn't actually a problem. When I viewed the preview there were three chapter videos being shown. They all played for 2 seconds. I assumed that's how they would show on the burnt DVD, but they didn't. The finished DVD plays them just fine. My bad.
Hi, as much as I like powerdirector 11, the menu system is extremely frustrating. I have just stuck three short videos together with a preset menu, all is well but in the preview the root page video plays correctly, click scenes and there are three buttons all showing their videos but these videos only play for about two seconds then freeze. I'm sure I've done this before where the videos just keep playing? Does anybody know how to get them to keep playing?
Thanks guys.
Thanks Carl but it's sorted. Very odd but I tried everything. Then I started again, same video, same menu, text, font, music. Everything the same and then it did a disc in 13 minutes! I can only assume something didn't load correctly the first time. Strange. While I'm here, I couldn't find the option to use/make custom buttons, the help file says to click a certain icon but I'm blowed if I can find it.
After an hour it gets to 36% but says there is 4'5 hours to go. Any suggestions guys?
Hi, I am trying to burn a DVD, I have imported the video, made the titles etc, gone to Make DVD and waited. It is taking forever. After 40 mins it is at 30% and says it will take another 3 hours, It is only a 55 minute video! I have updated my graphics driver to no avail. I have, I5 3570 @3.4Ghz, ATI 7870 with 4GB ram, and 16GB ram. Windows 7 64 bit.
My old xp PC with Roxio only took 1 hour to do a DVD. What is going on?
Thanks all.
Many thanks for all the help guys, my video of my Sons wedding is saved. That you can get this sort of help for free from people you will never meet is fantastic. Thanks again.
Had a very quick play with it. Got the VST in and working, seems simple enough even for me. I'll have a play with it when I get back. lovely stuff. Thanks again
Jeff, that is excellent but I've no idea how you did it. If you could give me some instructions that would be brilliant. So much better. I'm going away shortly, back tomorrow night so if I don't post right back I'm not being ignorant.
Thanks for all the input guys.
Cheers again guys. I can get the audio into Waveditor. I have attached a small sample with the 'morse' beeping. I'm away tomorrow until Thursday buy any help would be appreciated.
Go to: